DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

YES SCEPTILE!!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XDDDDDDDDDDD
    TAKE THAT ALL THOSE WHO WANTED THE JOHTO STARTERS
    LIFE IS GOOD!

Anyway, this should be an interesting battle, looks like they brought back Ash's hoenn team. Gliscor'd should be happy...

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    hey dont be dissing on torkoal

he deserves a win after his piss poor record in hoenn..

oh wait he's fighting darkrai..

dammit
    I'm only "dissing" Torkoal because it takes Quilava's spot, had Ash's Top 32 battle actually been shown, I would've been fine if Torkoal was there.

But against Darkrai? That's just mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Man View Post
    I think they only have pikachu in the battle because he has always been in the very last battle for each saga so far. No reason to break from that tradition I suppose.
    I just doubt that Pikachu will be able to do anything that another Pokemon would be better apt at. Like Sceptile, is a better Pikachu only a grass type.

Which may be one of the reasons "Ash" isn't using Torterra. Granted the writers could've given Darkrai something else other than ice beam but now that I think about it, it wouldn't work out too well.

Anyway, last team member, Muk then. I want it to be Kingler, but Muk would probably be a better choice.

Blog Entries

Sceptile, huh? how I'm glad Scott is banned right now xD
    And Torkoal! <3
    I'm guessing this will mostly be vs Darkrai though.

(Backwards cap makes an appearance!!!!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelfan View Post
    TAKE THAT ALL THOSE WHO WANTED THE JOHTO STARTERS
    Have fun watching Torkoal and Sceptile go down against Darkrai, because if anyone beats it, it will be the Pokémon not seen in the preview.

Blog Entries

Yes, yes, yes! The backwards cap has returned! Shouldn't have gone away in the first place, if you ask me.

...Sceptile? So much for it being a no-show. Just seems odd that the writers would use it when they could have Totodile/Bayleef/Glalie/Muk (anyone else I'm missing?). At least Torkoal's getting in on the action.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Oh god, I got excited when I saw that picture of Ash with his cap turned backwards. When was the last time he did that? :D
    I'm glad to see Sceptile and Torkoal once again.

8D

Sceptile is in this battle! OMG, words can not describe how exciting it is to see it again. I really thought we wouldn't see it but we are! Yay!!!!

And Torkoal too. Interesting...Sceptile and Torkoal are both facing legendaries which would make them be the two pokemon that faced a legendary the most. Sceptile with 3 (Darkrai, Regirock, and Deoxys) and Torkoal with two (Registeel and Darkrai).

So Gible's used here, I would've liked to see others but it needs the screentime. And I knew Pikachu had to be in the last battle. It was just a matter of the writers putting Pika in and they did.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sceptile and Torkoal, Scott is going to be so happy.

No Johto starters as we know of and an empty sixth pokemon.

Blog Entries

i am happy about everyone except gible but oh well, what's done is done, so will enjoy and not whine about the johto starters.

Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell the problems how big your God is..
    The awesome banner is by Blazaking EX.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, I'm gonna go ahead and say that there's a good reason we don't know Ash's sixth Pokemon. Obviously the writers are looking to really surprise us. Ash hasn't even tried to use Kingler since the Johto league, so that would certainly be a surprise. BUT, and this just came to me, ridiculous though it may seem. I'm sure it's not beyond Ash's means to look up the phone number of the Fighting Spirit Gym in Kanto, make a little call, and request Primeape back. I mean, Gliscor just proved that Pokemon that are away for training aren't necessarily gone for good. Until the teams for the Ash vs. Paul battle were revealed, I don't think any of use were honestly expecting Gliscor to appear. And Darkrai IS a Dark-type, weak to Fighting-types like Primeape. And if it happens to have Vital Spirit, all the more reason for Ash to want to use it against Darkrai, who is notorious for putting enemies to sleep. I can just see Primeape shrugging off a Dark Void attack and landing a Brick Break or something.

With a mustache.

8D

Actually there could be some reasoning why Ash picks the pokemon he does.

Infernape would be a great choice with its partial fighting type but it's probably too tired to battle Takuto (I'd lol if it's the sixth pokemon...how heated will people be you know?).

So then Heracross is Ash's other type advantage pokemon. Heracross is used.

Ash probably went with the pokemon who had the most experience battling legendaries. So he uses Sceptile, Torkoal, and Pikachu.

Then with Gible's DM being perfected and with its Dragon typing, Ash might want to use it again (and it at least gives Gible more screentime before being Oak'd).

So now the sixth pokemon is a mystery. Could it be Glalie for its perfect league record? I sorta hope so. It would sorta give Ash the whole Pika/fire/grass/water (except this time, it's ice)/wildcard/flying (except this time, it's just a pokemon that can fly: Heracross) combo if Glalie's the sixth pokemon.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's safe to say that it's either a Hoenn pokemon or a pokemon that has been used in a previous match...

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    OK, I'm gonna go ahead and say that there's a good reason we don't know Ash's sixth Pokemon. Obviously the writers are looking to really surprise us. Ash hasn't even tried to use Kingler since the Johto league, so that would certainly be a surprise. BUT, and this just came to me, ridiculous though it may seem. I'm sure it's not beyond Ash's means to look up the phone number of the Fighting Spirit Gym in Kanto, make a little call, and request Primeape back. I mean, Gliscor just proved that Pokemon that are away for training aren't necessarily gone for good. Until the teams for the Ash vs. Paul battle were revealed, I don't think any of use were honestly expecting Gliscor to appear. And Darkrai IS a Dark-type, weak to Fighting-types like Primeape. And if it happens to have Vital Spirit, all the more reason for Ash to want to use it against Darkrai, who is notorious for putting enemies to sleep. I can just see Primeape shrugging off a Dark Void attack and landing a Brick Break or something.

With a mustache.
    You have no idea how much I want that to happen. I mean... it would be like, the most epic thing EVER.

Blog Entries

So the mysterious attack Darkrai was using was ice beam, I guess the only reason it didn't look like it was because of the horrible quality shot from before.

Now in depth, the choices:

Heracross: Yep Heracross definitely knows hyper beam. Looks like some weird attack defeats Heracross, could be bad dreams or dream eater or some other attack, but anyway I don't see Heracross surviving.

Sceptile- Sceptile looks like it's getting its butt kicked with Dark Void (even though it does no damage), but obviously Sceptile won't survive the attacks following Dark Void.

Gible- Hilarious choice, even if only because its running away from ice beam. Shame Draco Meteor appears to fail.

Pikachu- Why? Why? and Why? Seriously Pikachu is the worst choice ever, I honestly hope it's OHKO, just to show Ash he should've chose someone better.

Torkoal- The worst choice I have ever seen, seriously Ash you put Sceptile in the match, was it necessary to put Torkoal in despite it's defensive power?

Mystery Choice- Muk or Kingler, those are the only options I want to see. If they put in Glalie, then its obvious Hoenn Pokemon are treated better than other Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Wasn't quilava confirmed by the VA list or it's VA also does another character?

Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell the problems how big your God is..
    The awesome banner is by Blazaking EX.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast