DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread

Do It For Him Enzap's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

If Ash does use a Water type, I hope it's Kingler. I really like that pokemon and Ash hasn't used it since that water pokemon competition. If not Kinglyer, then I'll settle for Totodile/Croconaw.

If he doesn't use a water type then I'm hoping for Muk or Tauros.

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap06 View Post
    If Ash does use a Water type, I hope it's Kingler. I really like that pokemon and Ash hasn't used it since that water pokemon competition. If not Kinglyer, then I'll settle for Totodile/Croconaw.

If he doesn't use a water type then I'm hoping for Muk or Tauros.
    Either way, ASh is screwed, theres no doubting that.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo10 View Post
    Either way, ASh is screwed, theres no doubting that.
    True, but I'd rather see pokemon that I like lose after a good fight than see pokemon I'm apathetic towards win.

True, but I'd rather see pokemon that I like lose after a good fight than see pokemon I'm apathetic towards win.
    What? Seriously? Wow, you remind me so much of someone I once knew.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo10 View Post
    What? Seriously? Wow, you remind me so much of someone I once knew.
    Well it would be cool to see him win, but I've seen him lose so many times I just don't really care anymore. I know he'll just go on to the next region and start over anyway.

I'm guessing the last pokemon will be one of Ash's best. I'm going for Snorlax here

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelfan View Post
    I'm guessing the last pokemon will be one of Ash's best. I'm going for Snorlax here
    Snorlax would be cool. I still want either Muk or Tauros

Reasons for Muk:
    1. it's only had one win and that was a Bellsprout
    2. it would make a good addition to his team and maybe through his opponent off (even though he loses)
    3. I like to see how pokemon have grown while they're Oaked

After a three-part duel against Paul, hopefully Ash can at least take down Darkrai. I mean, he should be using six Pokémon of course! Odds are he will lose this one, but if he manages to take down Darkrai, all's good.

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by rockersk08 View Post
    After a three-part duel against Paul, hopefully Ash can at least take down Darkrai. I mean, he should be using six Pokémon of course! Odds are he will lose this one, but if he manages to take down Darkrai, all's good.
    I think that Ash will take down Darkrai with Pikachu, but then lose against whatever he uses next. Maybe a Gen V poke.

Blog Entries

I agree, Ash most likely will lose, but if he could take down Darkrai, even if it takes all 6 pokemon, with his very last having to knock it out in a tie, then this battle will hold more significance, especially if there is an evolution or someone like Kingler, maybe even Pidgeot or Primeape(I know, damn near seems flat out impossible) comes out as the 6th slot.

Charizard as the 6th choice is understandable, but it is too predictable.

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Why would Ash use Charizard if he's already using Torkoal? I think he should have used Charizard, but it's too late for him to use it now.

Yeah, though I can still see him getting sweeped though, its something the writers would do >.>
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries

Why would Ash use Charizard if he's already using Torkoal? I think he should have used Charizard, but it's too late for him to use it now.
    Think about it. Why not bring Charizard back for this match. It's so like Ash.

Anyone notice how Ash turns his hat around in the preview? That means he's there for business. Hat turning brings me back to the Kanto days, and it would be a big eye opener if Pidgeot or Primeape popped out of nowhere.

Seeing Kingler would put a smile on my face.

Come on! Delta Eagl--THUD Siliva's Avatar

The writers of Pokémon seem just so hell-bent on refusing Satoshi a tournament win. (That way, they can keep the show rolling for another 3 years!) It pains me to see Satoshi fall against some random yahoo who appeared out of nowhere, but it seems like that's gonna the case...

Also, hey. Haven't posted on this forum for a good 2 years...
    Places to find me?
    DeviantART
    Youtube
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding a lot of complaints. Here's the thing, I have no doubt this'll be a good slaughter battle and come next thursday I will most likely have enjoyed the battle no matter who's in the sixth slot (give or take 3 or 4 pokemon...) So I agree with you, above all else, I wanna see a good battle.

That being said, I disagree that seeing one pokemon doesn't automatically make the battle better. Well not so much better as different. You have pokemon like Muk who are solely in the battle for the comedy. Then you have pokemon like Gible/Totodile who can bring both good comedy and good battling to a matchup, and then you have pokemon like Sceptile and Charizard who are pure battlers but next to no personality on the field. Then you have pokemon who are more into close combat, long range or more geared towards status moves. The closer the pokemon fights usually translates as the least strategy, whereas a pokemon built with 1-2 status moves can make the battle much more than a punchfest.

Everybody's got their idea of what they want to see comedy/personality wise from Ash's team, battle style wise or even developpement and screentime wise and therefore tend to prefer certain pokemon over others.

I like unpredictability, strategy, comedy and a character I can get behind because he's truly an underdog that can still developp. That's why I'm glad we get to see more of Gible and I wish we'd see Totodile. While I have no doubt that the battle itself will be good, I'm not as excited about it as I would have been had we seen Bayleef/Torterra instead of Sceptile, Quilava instead of Torkoal or Totodile. Again, sorry if that's too much whining, but I hate that the writers took the time to show us how great and adorable Totodile was in DP182 and then not use it. Here's the thing, a battle with Totodile sparks my interest a thousand times more than a battle with Charizard, so yeah, seeing one pokemon can make a difference.
    If your lynchpin in enjoying a battle is based around one Pokemon getting used or not, then I'm not interested. It really sounds like you're overhyping Pokemon in your mind.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast