DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 339

Thread: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread

  1. #76
    formerly hyperbeamit Dexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    oak's lab being upgraded
    Posts
    774

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    So... Ash's skill is to let others do the work for him and reap the benefits. Heck, why train pokemon anymore? He should just sit back and let others train his pokemon for him than borrow them from time to time when he needs to fight in a gym. I mean, since there's no value in training your own pokemon apparently...
    Ash hardly ever lets the others do the work for him. With Aipom he used the things he learned from watching it compete in another forum and utilized that in his own forum. He did the same thing with every single pokemon using counter-shield as well as the spinning thing from the first gym. Just because the idea may not solely be his doesn't mean he doesn't train his pokemon. Because he does. You may not have noticed but right before the Paul match he was training with Gliscor. So Ash's skill is using the things he learns from others and putting them to his advantage.

    BRING BACK DEXTER!!!!

  2. #77
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Stop being an ancy-pantsy yourself, Gible.
    You're right, I've said my piece a thousand times over and there's no convincing me. I hate bad writing and this is a shining exemple of. Some people here don't care about that and prefer to throw 4 years of writing and the meaning of this show's fiercest down the drain so long as it "looks cool" and I should respect that.

    This is the kind of philosophy that led to the fall of the Roman Empire. :D *I get what you're saying V and I'll cool it.*

    There's no reason to feel so perturbed by one Pokemon.
    Well... it's just taunting me with its cheapness You're looking at a new Gible... No not really but whatever...

  3. #78

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    One fear I have is the beginning of the next ep will just show Drapion/Gliscor slam into each other, the smoke will clear, and in 10 seconds they'll both be KO'd on the ground.

    I really hope something like that doesn't happen, but it reminds me too much of similar incidents in the past.

  4. #79
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    One fear I have is the beginning of the next ep will just show Drapion/Gliscor slam into each other, the smoke will clear, and in 10 seconds they'll both be KO'd on the ground.

    I really hope something like that doesn't happen, but it reminds me too much of similar incidents in the past.
    Gliscor is show to use Fire Fang in the preview so I don't think so...

  5. #80

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Gliscor is show to use Fire Fang in the preview so I don't think so...
    Hopefully. But remember that quick Glalie Vs. Tyson's Sceptile battle? They shot their beams at the end of one episode, at the start of the next they were both KO'd on the floor.

  6. #81
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Hopefully. But remember that quick Glalie Vs. Tyson's Sceptile battle? They shot their beams at the end of one episode, at the start of the next they were both KO'd on the floor.
    If only Gliscor could suffer the same fate... Nah... Gliscor using Fire fang against Drapion's new, so it won't just be the collision between X-scissor and Pin missile... Gliscor's gonna get some screentime in this episode.

    BTW, is it just me or is X-Scissor really depowered in the anime and Pin Missile really over powered?

  7. #82

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    I will laugh so hard if Gliscor does some damage to Electrivire before going down.

  8. #83
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    You're right, I've said my piece a thousand times over and there's no convincing me. I hate bad writing and this is a shining exemple of. Some people here don't care about that and prefer to throw 4 years of writing and the meaning of this show's fiercest down the drain so long as it "looks cool" and I should respect that.
    Are you evolving into a gliscor'd, gible? :D

    Believe it or not, I'm super happy gliscor returned to the league. I felt that it needed another chance to shine, since I felt it's only justifiable win was against Byron...a battle that I don't remember much anyways >_>

    Perhaps I didn't pay much attention to the fandom at the time, but was it "cheap" of Ash to use Charizard after leaving at the valley for so long?

    And anyways, Ash raised Gliscor well enough so that it'd be accepted by the air master in the first place. Ash's efforts are not completely overtaken.

    "seasons change, people change"

  9. #84

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Everyone loves Gliscor and wants it to win except for one person. Which is bizarre, as said person already got his Gible wins.

  10. #85
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Are you evolving into a gliscor'd, gible? :D
    Nah... I'm still the same bitter/lovable landshark I've always been.

    I felt that it needed another chance to shine, since I felt it's only justifiable win was against Byron...
    That was its only win... period. And I would have been cool with it shining against Nando or Conway or random COTD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Everyone loves Gliscor and wants it to win except for one person. Which is bizarre, as said person already got his Gible wins.
    I'm anti-establishement. All the great ones were...

    Plus, Gliscor not stealing his win from Gible, he's stealing it from Torterra and Staraptor. Gible has nothing to do with it.

  11. #86
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Nah... I'm still the same bitter/lovable landshark I've always been.
    *hugs* aw~

    That was its only win... period. And I would have been cool with it shining against Nando or Conway or random COTD.
    Curious about this: If Gliscor hadn't taken that spot, who would? Gible seems too fresh to be relevant to Paul, and his other pokemon wouldn't exactly meet the requirements either...

    *cough totally glalie*

    Even if bringing back Gliscor was "crappy writing" I don't see any other option :/

    "seasons change, people change"

  12. #87

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Plus, Gliscor not stealing his win from Gible, he's stealing it from Torterra and Staraptor. Gible has nothing to do with it.
    No, Infernape stole a win from Torterra. Infernape did not need 3 wins.

    As for Staraptor? Who cares? It already won against Paul in the 6 on 6 and Pokeringer, and won against Nando.

  13. #88
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Curious about this: If Gliscor hadn't taken that spot, who would? Gible seems too fresh to be relevant to Paul, and his other pokemon wouldn't exactly meet the requirements either...
    I've thought about this, a little too much for my own sake, and *drumrolls* I actually think the writers were ultimately right to bring Gliscor back for this fight. It had a part in the rivalry which neither the reserves or Gible had.

    That being said, that's it. Gliscor is more relevant to this match and this rivalry than pokemon whom Paul has never met, but if you look at Ash's lineup and his pre-Gible Sinnoh team, Gliscor is the one that had the least impact on the rivalry (with Buizel not far behind) and the one who speaks the least about how skilled Ash is as a trainer.

    Therefore, while I ultimately agree that Gliscor should be in the battle, the amount of screentime it has been given in it and the possible win it might get next episode, don't reflect the last four years of rivalry between Ash and Paul and actually dilute its meaning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    No, Infernape stole a win from Torterra. Infernape did not need 3 wins.

    As for Staraptor? Who cares? It already won against Paul in the 6 on 6 and Pokeringer, and won against Nando.
    Both Torterra and Staraptor player a much bigger part in the rivalry. No matter how you look at it, if Gliscor defeats Drapion, it means that a Pokemon Ash didn't fully train and had to leave to a Master to strenghten it can beat a pokemon that two of Ash's fully evolved pokemon that he alone trained can't. That doesn't exactly prove Ash's worth as a trainer...

    But apparantly, Gliscor looking cool to Paul trumps that... I disagree, but that's me...

  14. #89

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    But apparantly, Gliscor looking cool to Paul trumps that... I disagree, but that's me...
    Don't worry, everyone will cheer when Gliscor wins or ties with Drapion next week.

  15. #90
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    I've thought about this, a little too much for my own sake, and *drumrolls* I actually think the writers were ultimately right to bring Gliscor back for this fight. It had a part in the rivalry which neither the reserves or Gible had.

    That being said, that's it. Gliscor is more relevant to this match and this rivalry than pokemon whom Paul has never met, but if you look at Ash's lineup and his pre-Gible Sinnoh team, Gliscor is the one that had the least impact on the rivalry (with Buizel not far behind) and the one who speaks the least about how skilled Ash is as a trainer.
    :'D

    Okay, I understand where you're getting at here. But to say it didn't have much of a part in their rivalry is debatable. I mean, out of the group of gligar in that city, Paul had chosen the strongest of the group, the fully evolved Gliscor, while Ash ended up with the...uh, "reject." Isn't Ash's philosophy something like: "any pokemon can become strong if you work hard enough with it?" As a gligar, it indeed struggled with its fear of heights and its lack of control in flying. Ash had to work with that, you know? And to see how far he'd come from his capture really does exemplify Ash's success as a trainer.

    Of course, I may be deluded...whatever v_v

    Both Torterra and Staraptor player a much bigger part in the rivalry. No matter how you look at it, if Gliscor defeats Drapion, it means that a Pokemon Ash didn't fully train and had to leave to a Master to strenghten it can beat a pokemon that two of Ash's fully evolved pokemon that he alone trained can't. That doesn't exactly prove Ash's worth as a trainer...
    Yeah, I can't say much about torterra...the writers stumped me with that one too :/ But staraptor, as Scott mentioned, already had several opportunities to shine. Ash's last words at the pokeringer pretty much summed it up (something about starly or whatever).

    I honestly don't think that the air master is the reason why gliscor got this strong. You can't just leave any old pokemon at an air master's house. I don't see what's wrong with a little help...

    "seasons change, people change"

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •