DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 339
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread

  1. #61
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Looks like a pretty cool preview. I'm betting that Gliscor knocks out Drapion, but then gets beaten by Electivire. Pikachu's curse against that family once again rears its ugly head, and Electivire also takes Pikachu down (though Pika gets in some good damage). Infernape will finally finish off Electivire, and Ash will win.

    I have said it, and now it must be so!
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Wow Gible, you're really gotten to a pathetic level now. -_-

    And now just like I want the Johto Starters to do good in the next battle to spite Scott I want Gliscor to go to Oak's and star in the league/second saga next season to spite your annoying ass -_-

  3. #63
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Geeez start breathing and calm down a little. Learn to discern sarcasm from hatred (I know it's hard on the internet)

    By the way, I've yet to see you answer the valid points I've raised (I think it was in the DP187 thread though). Just telling someone they should shut up because they disagree with you and calling them annoying isn't worth much. If you want to have a discussion about Gliscor, then I'm more than willing to... :D

    Edit: I meant those points...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Also let's be honest here. Whether or not I personally dislike Gliscor doesn't change the fact that out of the pokemon used in the Paul match, he's the one Ash trained the least, he's the pokémon that had the least impact on the Ash/Paul rivalry and he's the one that proves the least how skillful Ash is as a trainer since he was trained by another trainer, a master at that... Is it that wrong to say that Gliscor shouldn't have gotten a win (or a tie) over Torterra or Staraptor since both played a bigger part in the Paul rivalry? Is it that wrong to say that it's unfair that Gliscor got twice the amount of screentime that Torterra got in this episode and gets to come back next week given the fact that Torterra's story of having to deal with the loss of speed and being a tank is still unresolved while Gliscor already got closure in its release episode?
    Given that Gliscor might tie or win against what can be considered the powerhouse of Paul's lineup in his League match against Ash, Drapion, that took out three mons that Ash trained either from scratch or in Buizel's case into able battlers we should ask what's the point of this match? It's supposed to prove Ash's training methods are stronger than Paul. Gliscor defeating Drapion flies goes against that. I'm sorry if my disliking of stupid writers decisions that cheapen the rivalry they've built up for 4 years irks you.

    Ash v Paul is an amazing battle, truly on of the best the anime's ever given us but Gliscor getting a win over Torterra and Staraptor dilutes any meaning this battle could have regarding Ash's training style.
    Last edited by Hellion; 14th August 2010 at 01:03 PM.

  4. #64
    8D
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Geeez start breathing and calm down a little. Learn to discern sarcasm from hatred (I know it's hard on the internet)

    By the way, I've yet to see you answer the valid points I've raised (I think it was in the DP187 thread though). Just telling someone they should shut up because they disagree with you and calling them annoying isn't worth much. If you want to have a discussion about Gliscor, then I'm more than willing to... :D

    Edit: I meant those points...



    Given that Gliscor might tie or win against what can be considered the powerhouse of Paul's lineup in his League match against Ash, Drapion, that took out three mons that Ash trained either from scratch or in Buizel's case into able battlers we should ask what's the point of this match? It's supposed to prove Ash's training methods are stronger than Paul. Gliscor defeating Drapion flies goes against that. I'm sorry if my disliking of stupid writers decisions that cheapen the rivalry they've built up for 4 years irks you.

    Ash v Paul is an amazing battle, truly on of the best the anime's ever given us but Gliscor getting a win over Torterra and Staraptor dilutes any meaning this battle could have regarding Ash's training style.
    You know about Gliscor training from the Air Master. I figured out some way to justify it being used to prove Ash's methods of training.

    Unlike Paul, Ash adapts to his pokemon's style. It showed when he made use of Aipom's contest skills in the Gardenia match as far as I can remember. So by adapting to what Gliscor has learned from the Air Master, it does somewhat show Ash's methods of training.

    Not to mention, Ash did train with Gliscor before the battle (which I did say was justifiable if a reserve was in this match so...).

  5. #65
    Load of Belloni
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,299
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Regarding Gliscor going off for a spell, all the air master did was teach it how to fly properly, so I'm cool with that. From what we've seen, what it's capable of in that field now is no better or worse than the stuff Ash's other flying type pokemon are usually capable of from the get-go.
    And unless they outright said so, I doubt Stone Edge was a result of that training. It probably just spotaniously learned it at some point like how all the Oak'd pokemon have a shitload of new moves for no apparant reason.

    Either way, Gliscor's cool, and it looks cool battling. And isn't that what's really important in all wakes of life?
    Last edited by Grave-E; 14th August 2010 at 02:28 PM.

  6. #66
    8D
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Regarding Gliscor going off for a spell, all the air master did was teach it how to fly properly, so I'm cool with that. From what we've seen, what it's capable of in that field now is no better or worse than the stuff Ash's other flying type pokemon are usually capable of from the get-go.
    And unless they outright said so, I doubt Stone Edge was a result of that training. It probably just spotaniously learned it at some point like how all the Oak'd pokemon have a shitload of new moves for no apparant reason.

    Either way, Gliscor's cool, and it looks cool battling. And isn't that what's really important in all wakes of life?
    ^ Agreed. Tbh, as long as it looks good and stuff, I really don't mind. So I'm excited to see Gliscor vs. Drapion in this match as well as the Electivire matches.

  7. #67
    Registered User Matt3225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,558

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Given that Gliscor might tie or win against what can be considered the powerhouse of Paul's lineup in his League match against Ash, Drapion, that took out three mons that Ash trained either from scratch or in Buizel's case into able battlers we should ask what's the point of this match? It's supposed to prove Ash's training methods are stronger than Paul. Gliscor defeating Drapion flies goes against that. I'm sorry if my disliking of stupid writers decisions that cheapen the rivalry they've built up for 4 years irks you.

    Ash v Paul is an amazing battle, truly on of the best the anime's ever given us but Gliscor getting a win over Torterra and Staraptor dilutes any meaning this battle could have regarding Ash's training style.
    I don't see you saying Electivire being in it cheapens the rivalry since Reggie also trained it. It doesn't matter if it is Paul's main pokemon because if hedidn't train it fully himself than it doesn't prove that his training style is better. Neither trainer is using pokemon that they fully trained all by themselves so in no way is Ash using Gliscor cheap

  8. #68
    Uchuuuuu KITAAAA!!! Duque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,055
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Right, so, according to PokeSunday preview:

    - Gliscor's fire fang hit drapion;
    - Electivire attacks pikachu freaking quickly;
    - Infernape receives a thunderbolt damage;

    Beside this, nothing new.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

  9. #69
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DuquÊ? View Post
    Right, so, according to PokeSunday preview:

    - Gliscor's fire fang hit drapion;
    - Electivire attacks pikachu freaking quickly;
    - Infernape receives a thunderbolt damage;

    Beside this, nothing new.
    Oh arceus, I hope that Ash didn't forget that electric attacks activate motor drive AGAIN. >_>

    "seasons change, people change"

  10. #70
    leftie infernape FTW Rafia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    951
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Did the fire fang knock out drapion or was it still standing?

    Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell the problems how big your God is..
    The awesome banner is by Blazaking EX.

  11. #71
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    4,743
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Was Electivire super fast, as if Pikachu used an electric attack and activated its Motor Drive ability again?

  12. #72
    Froakin' Hilarious. V Faction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shady Acres, OR
    Posts
    4,538

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    I sure as hell hope not. Who want to see such buffoonery again?
    V Faction: Bulbatized

    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330



  13. #73
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    Unlike Paul, Ash adapts to his pokemon's style. It showed when he made use of Aipom's contest skills in the Gardenia match as far as I can remember. So by adapting to what Gliscor has learned from the Air Master, it does somewhat show Ash's methods of training.
    Straws... you're grasping at them...

    So... Ash's skill is to let others do the work for him and reap the benefits. Heck, why train pokemon anymore? He should just sit back and let others train his pokemon for him than borrow them from time to time when he needs to fight in a gym. I mean, since there's no value in training your own pokemon apparently...

    Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    From what we've seen, what it's capable of in that field now is no better or worse than the stuff Ash's other flying type pokemon are usually capable of from the get-go.
    Difference is, he wasn't capable of that when he was with Ash and the flyer that Ash did train from scratch isn't getting a win in this battle... Way to prove Ash's training methods.

    Either way, Gliscor's cool, and it looks cool battling. And isn't that what's really important in all wakes of life?
    But is that solely true of Gliscor? No, it's valid for Staraptor and Torterra too... I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you (well I am about the cool part), but why not have both? Why not have pokemon that look cool battling, that have solely been train by Ash and that actually prove something in this battle? Like say... Torterra and Staraptor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3225 View Post
    I don't see you saying Electivire being in it cheapens the rivalry since Reggie also trained it.
    I get your point, but at the same time, Reggie's not exactly a master battler that drastically improved Electivire's battling abilities. Electabuzz didn't get any new moves from Reggie, no new techniques... Reggie's a breeder, he cares for Paul's pokemon when he rotates them, but he's not drilling them into fighting machines. Not really the same situation... Especially considering Electivire played a huge part in the Ash/Paul rivalry, especially with Pikachu and Infernape, while Gliscor played no part at all besides being in the sixth slot for the full battle...

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    I sure as hell hope not. Who want to see such buffoonery again?
    *Raises hands* Me Me Me!!!

  14. #74
    Froakin' Hilarious. V Faction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shady Acres, OR
    Posts
    4,538

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Stop being an ancy-pantsy yourself, Gible. There's no reason to feel so perturbed by one Pokemon.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330



  15. #75
    8D
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    U.S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Straws... you're grasping at them...

    So... Ash's skill is to let others do the work for him and reap the benefits. Heck, why train pokemon anymore? He should just sit back and let others train his pokemon for him than borrow them from time to time when he needs to fight in a gym. I mean, since there's no value in training your own pokemon apparently...
    Just thinking of something for why the writers would bring back Gliscor if they had the rivalry still in mind with the whole training thing. If that doesn't work for you, fine.

    Anyway, Gliscor Fire Fanging Drapion...does that mean beating it? We'll see. Oh Ash, when will you learn, oh well, guess it adds to the intensity of Infernape vs. Electivire.

    Speaking of that match, can't wait!

    I'm guessing this will be of similar timing with the past 3 vs. 3 battle and take up half-ish of the episode? The rest of the time can be taken up talking, a short good bye, and maybe Ash finding out about Takuto. That's my guess.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 1st September 2012, 05:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •