DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Ash has 3 pokemon left (Pikachu, Infernape, Gliscor) and Paul has 2 (Drapion, Electivire).

The confirmed match-ups in this episode are:
    Gliscor VS Drapion
    Pikachu VS Electivire
    Infernape VS Electivire

Also, assuming Gliscor wins...
    Gliscor VS Electivire

If Gliscor loses...
    Pikachu (or Infernape) VS Drapion

Then there could be the draw.
    I see this as the most likely option, since we didn't get a hint of the other two possibilities in the preview.

8D

Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Ash has 3 pokemon left (Pikachu, Infernape, Gliscor) and Paul has 2 (Drapion, Electivire).

The confirmed match-ups in this episode are:
    Gliscor VS Drapion
    Pikachu VS Electivire
    Infernape VS Electivire

Also, assuming Gliscor wins...
    Gliscor VS Electivire

If Gliscor loses...
    Pikachu (or Infernape) VS Drapion

Then there could be the draw.
    I see this as the most likely option, since we didn't get a hint of the other two possibilities in the preview.
    Yeah, I think we're going to see Gliscor with a draw and Pikachu loses to Electivire while Infernape wins.

Just saw the preview. Infernape is positively insane!

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Goku and Luffy, all rolled into one monkey.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad to see Electivire take center stage, definitely being Paul's main guy and all (even if Torterra was his starter), plus it does a nice job of bringing Diamond and Pearl full circle...

But wow, the Takuto Battle is going to have to evolve Heracross to even come close to living up to this fight. At this point, I'm kind of wondering if they should've just ended the league here.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    Glad to see Electivire take center stage, definitely being Paul's main guy and all (even if Torterra was his starter), plus it does a nice job of bringing Diamond and Pearl full circle...

But wow, the Takuto Battle is going to have to evolve Heracross to even come close to living up to this fight. At this point, I'm kind of wondering if they should've just ended the league here.
    I was just having the same thought as you. Theres no point in having ASh beat Paul in and awesome fight then go and get creamed by Takuto on the next round. That would be such a massive downer.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Well if Gliscor only manages a tie (which given how insane Drapion is might be it's only shot at this point for a "win") I know Gible (the forum poster here, not the pokemon.) will be happy.

I hope Pikachu at least gets Electrivire with Static before it goes down, yes I know it's been done before, but it would cripple Electrivire enough to make it's fight with Infernape even.

Blog Entries

This is not easy for me to call. It does seem apparent that Gliscor and Drapion take each other out, leaving Pika and Infernape for Electivire. This is more than I expected to happen in this episode, and I am not too sure they can fit part of the Darkrai battle in here right now. Depending on how involved they want to make the Electivire vs. Infernape battle and how big a deal they want to make of Ash winning, it's not looking good. It's not worth arguing over anyway. We just have to wait now.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I think Pikachu could be the one picking up the final victory against Electivire, since this would really bring DP to a full circle, being how Pikachu draw with Elekid on DP003 which started their rivalry.

Although I think it will go like this:
    Gliscor draws with Drapion
    Electivire defeats Pikachu and
    Infernape defeats Electivire.

Hopefully this leaves at least 5-10 minutes for a good bye for Shinji, and a short introduction of Takuto.

Well I guess this is the only cruel cool dude rival Ash has ever fought.I really miss Paul.But having seen Reggie's retirement of being a trainer, I doubt if Paul's will for getting stronger will end.

That Darkrai better be a badass for my sake!

Well seein as its 1:36 am here and I can't be bothered posting pretty much the same thing from the dp 187 thread, I'll just paste my post from the other thread below. (Laziness ftw)

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/2028290-post292.html

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

If the battle ends with a blaze powered mach punch with a full on trail of flame behind Infernape, that's all I would ever want from this battle. Looks to be the case, and I hope it is. Anyway, really interesting battle, the last few aren't going to take long from the looks of it.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Saw the preview...

- What the hell is Gliscor still doing here? LEAVE!!
    - Was Pikachu v Electivire really necessary? couldn't we have fitted a bit of Drapion v Pikachu with Drapion taking him out quick?
    - Infernape's gonna party like it's his birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer View Post
    Well if Gliscor only manages a tie (which given how insane Drapion is might be it's only shot at this point for a "win") I know Gible (the forum poster here, not the pokemon.) will be happy.
    The pokemon would be happy too :D Everybody's happy when GLiscor fails XD. But you know what would make me happier? Gliscor losing...

I hope Pikachu at least gets Electrivire with Static before it goes down, yes I know it's been done before, but it would cripple Electrivire enough to make it's fight with Infernape even.
    It would balance things out since Infernape is poisoned but me thinks the writers won't do that.

8D

Tbh, even if Gliscor ties, it seemed to have more lasting power than Torterra and Buizel. I mean it got a beating from Ninjask and seems to be getting some hits from Drapion too. Yet it's still able to deliver an attack strong enough to beat it. At the same time, Drapion's not all that hurt, Buizel's Water Gun seemed more like a way to escape Drapion and Torterra only had two hits in. And then Drapion was recalled which in the anime, usually means it gets somewhat healed.

So if Gliscor ties, it seems to have done most of the work for Ash in terms of taking down Drapion imo. Pretty impressive to see how much Gliscor has improved.

I'm excited to see Infernape in this match though...it seemed like it was going super saiyan there haha! Can't wait.

Blog Entries

Yes, this battle is obviously going to be mainly Ash vs. Paul. But I am not complaining. Yay another Pikachu vs. Paul's Electivire where Pikachu gets curbstombed!

And Blaze for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast