DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Review Thread

- We see Shinji's Elekibull vs. Satoshi's Pikachu
    - We also see Drapion vs Glion
    - After a few more Elekibull vs. Pikachu shots, we see Goukazaru fight Shinji's electric type.
    - At the end of the preview, Goukazaru unleashes a really fierce-looking Blaze.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Wow, this is going to be one fiery battle. :P

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

So this won't be just Elekible vs Gokuzaru. Kinda disappointing since the end of the battle will likely take up the entire episode, meaning aside from maybe a shot of the semi's scoreboard, we won't really get an introduction to Takuto.

Not that as a whole this battle hasn't been good, but it amazes me that they can stretch out a battle across the better part of 3 episode, yet so many of the KOs have been like after only one or two hits. It looks like it'll be good and action packed and whatnot for this episode though.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

There also don't seem to be any hints of a flashback to Shinji's past, like so many people were predicting.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    There also don't seem to be any hints of a flashback to Shinji's past, like so many people were predicting.
    Sadface :(

Oh well, they compensated by adding, what I expect to be, a really action-packed battle. Electivire sticking its wires into the ground like that was pretty hardcore >_>

Oh, and jeez! Infernape looks like he's going super saiyan in that preview O_O;

"seasons change, people change"

Hope Gliscor will knock out Drapion and not end up in a draw.

Blog Entries

Okay writers I think you annoyed me enough, seriously what was the point in giving Infernape Flare Blitz, the most useless move to ever...... let me rephrase that, the most unnecessary move to give Infernape. Flame wheel was just so much better.

Now I've given all hope in ever seeing Blast burn, but just in the very slim chance of .0000000000000000000000000000000000000001% that we did possibly see blast burn in the preview (unless it was confirmed to be blaze), then writers you are such a tease.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

So it comes to this.

Glion and Drapion will draw.
    Elekibull defeats Pika
    Guokazaru bets Elekibull

Not much, but lets hope the battle is good.

About Takuto, maybe they'll slide in him and Satoshi's batlle in the last 5-10 minutes? This episode's battle, to me, won't be too long.

Team Black

Team White

There wont be enough time for the Takuto battle to get started. We also need to have a final farewell to Shinji.

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    So it comes to this.

Elekibull defeats Pika
    Guokazaru bets Elekibull
    This is also my prediction.
    While I'm obviously looking forward to the battle itself, I'm caring even more about Ash and Paul's interactions after the battle.

So, yeah. I'm not fussed about seeing the beginning of the Takuto battle.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

It's the ending of Ash and Paul's final battle. It's a guarantee a third of it will be taken up by people talking. It's just they wouldn't show that in the preview. It'll be longer than it seems like it would need to be.

Awe man the ending should be epic!
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    So it comes to this.

Elekibull defeats Pika
    Guokazaru bets Elekibull

Not much, but lets hope the battle is good.

About Takuto, maybe they'll slide in him and Satoshi's batlle in the last 5-10 minutes? This episode's battle, to me, won't be too long.
    This furthur proves my claim, Ash is gonna get creamed by Takuto and Darkrai.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

I'm good with Glion vs Drapion ending in a tie. Drapion is a beast and Glion was damaged from the previous battle, so I kind of expect a tie. And as long as Glion manages to put up a great battle against Drapion and knock it out even if it gets knocked out at the same time is good enough for me.

Even if it lost against Drapion it wouldn't mean Glion was weak as long as it causes Drapion to struggle and put up a great fight against it. All it means is Drapion was just (slightly) stronger than Glion. A Pokemon losing a battle against another Pokemon doesn't make them weak as long as they caused the opponent to have a hard time against it. They're only weak if their attacks hardly do anything or are knocked out by one move.

And I'm really looking forward to Elekible vs Goukazaru as well even though the outcome of it should be obvious. I hope the entire battle will be great.
    Last edited by Don; 12th August 2010 at 06:34 AM.

8D

Ooh, so we're seeing more Gliscor and Pikachu in this match (I assumed it was just Infernape at first). Sweet! Yeah, Gliscor's definitely tying against Drapion and Pikachu will be beaten by Electivire. So there's more battles going on in this episode than I thought. That's good that it isn't just Infernape vs. Electivire.

EDIT: So I saw the preview, Gliscor, Pikachu, and Infernape (especially Infernape)...love them so much, they are going to be awesome next week. Yay
    Last edited by Ash6K; 12th August 2010 at 07:21 AM.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast