DP 177 "Decisive Battle! Hikari VS Nozomi!!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 177 "Decisive Battle! Hikari VS Nozomi!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 177 "Decisive Battle! Hikari VS Nozomi!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Isn't Dawn's mother supposed to appear in person in this episode? I remember reading that somewhere.

Also....still no cameos of the other characters! I will be so angry if Ambipom or the princess are not shown watching the finals.
    I'm not sure wheter she was mentioned in summary. Only thing I know is the fact her VA is on the list.

Twinleaf to Lake Valor should be quite long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

haha it should be good. i mean since they are friends and all, there should be a good twist. and the fact the zoey has won most of them and has been dawns mentor if you really want to analyze the situation. and next season they'll figure something besides contests to do since it has already been done through 3 regions. they'll figure it out. i honestly can't wait until Generation V. i believe it should be a whole new level.

Blog Entries

With Musashi bound to cheer Hikari on in the finals (you got your wish Musashi-user :P) I do hope that Naoshi cheers for Nozomi. Even though before I said that I think he would be too polite, screw politeness. He should be that impressed from his battle to display favouritism.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I honestly think Nando will just analyze the battle and then tell Ash he'll be at the Sinnoh league. I think the only reason he's sticking around, unlike Ursula/Kenny, is because the writers want to remind us we'll be seeing him again when Ash battles him.

I don't think this battle will be the whole ep either. Since they're already on the battlefield, it'll probably be the first 12 or so minutes of the ep, while the last 8 or so minutes will be the victory celebrations, Dawn saying goodbye to Zoey, Nando saying he'll be at the league, stuff like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    With Musashi bound to cheer Hikari on in the finals (you got your wish Musashi-user :P)
    And based on her comments to Hikari, it'll probably be just as good or better than the cheers Satoshi-tachi will say from the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I do hope that Naoshi cheers for Nozomi. Even though before I said that I think he would be too polite, screw politeness. He should be that impressed from his battle to display favouritism.
    I'd love to see that as well. The new episode was the most personality I've ever seen from Naoshi. I'd be great if that was expanded upon further.

Wow, they actually managed to make fake out look pretty cool! If that is Psycho Cut, it looks pretty good too.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I seriously have no idea who will win the GF. Usually I have hunch or something, but this time nobody can convince me who it is by speculation.

Anyway, this episode will rock. Can't wait.

y team

Blog Entries

I think it's obvious that Dawn's gonna win. What would be the point of her reaching the finals against her rival just to lose?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I think it's obvious that Dawn's gonna win. What would be the point of her reaching the finals against her rival just to lose?
    Do you know what show you're watching?

Not saying her winning isn't very likely, but we've see waaaaaaaaaaay stupider decisions in this show go down than Dawn losing to Zoey in the GF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    Do you know what show you're watching?

Not saying her winning isn't very likely, but we've see waaaaaaaaaaay stupider decisions in this show go down than Dawn losing to Zoey in the GF.
    Lol, I suppose you have a point. Still it would be horribly anti-climatic, and would only serve to give her a reason to travel some more.

But I would think they would wait to for the end of her journey to do that. Have her lose to one of her rivals after the GF or a stronger coordinator to give her incentive to keep traveling, and bring her back down to earth.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Dawn loses against Zoey here, we'll never get to see Dawn in a climatic battle with Zoey again.

Even if they battle again in a filler after this, it won't be the same as a GF battle.

Honestly, who cares? Let Dawn win the trophy, she's leaving most likely anyway. It also gives Dawn a different ending than May got, rather than a carbon copy departure.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I'd love to see that as well. The new episode was the most personality I've ever seen from Naoshi. I'd be great if that was expanded upon further.
    He will compete in the Sinnoh League, so you're going to see a lot more of him.

Blog Entries

Seeing the end of the last ep, and Zoey and Dawn facing each other, I am psyched. I like how they have given us no indication of who will win. We'll just have to find out unless some manga adaptation wants to spoil the party again.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

The last episode left me excited for the Dawn/Zoey battle, too. The whole thing was kind of suspenseful and it left me to constantly wonder who will win the GF.

As a Dawn fan, I only hope that Dawn wins. It'd be a different ending from May's and we'd get to see how Dawn will live life as a Top Coordinator if she does win.

WHOOT! GO DAWN!!

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

Hey, here's something to factor!:

Dawn's only full battle win was against Ursula, Zoey's was against Nando. Zoey got a lot of praise for beating Nando. If Zoey won the Festival, Zoey would have gotten 2 on screen full battle wins, while Dawn(despite being the main character), only got one against Ursula, who've we not only seen beat 13 episodes ago, but also who she's beaten 2wice before. Yeah, Dawn beat Jessie, but that battle was short compared to Nando vs Zoey

I thought this was Dawn's Festival, not Zoey's? Which is more of a reason for why Dawn to win. I believe they gave Zoey such a magnificent battle against Nando as a last hurrah maybe for Zoey, or to make it fair for helping Dawn out in the past.

I just want Dawn to win so bad, I'm never going to lose faith in her, and I love how she has a smile on throughout the entire preview.

I have to say this though, what was the point of Piplup learning Hydro Pump, and Togekiss being added so late in the game(like 2 episodes prior) if Dawn was going to simply lose.

Also, unlike Ash and Paul who have battled multiple times, Zoey and Dawn only battled once, and that was ages ago, which Zoey won, and now it's Dawn's turn to strike back.

Also, why would Sinnoh need another Glameow trainer as a winner. That title belongs to Johanna. As much screentime as the Penguin got, I can't see it not getting a full on screen battle win.

Also, with Jessie saying Dawn better win, it's almost as if Jessie wants Dawn to win for the both of them, and hints at Dawn's victory. It also distinguishes Dawn from May, if she were to win.

Also, this is our 3rd Grand Festival watching on screen, and you know what they say, 3rd time's a charm. Why not give it to the girl who had it the hardest career goal wise out of all the main characters.

And finally, Dawn won the Wallace Cup before, history repeats itself.

I love Zoey, and I'd be happy if she wins, but Dawn winning would be so much more gratifying, exciting, and rewatchable.

I doubt I'd rewind this episode over a thousand times if Dawn wasn't the victor.

The fact that Pachi, Manmoo, Buneary, and Cynaquil got more than(even if just a little) still screen battles, while Piplup and Togekiss haven't yet says something.

Also, what was the point of Togekiss being used in the final, and not against Ursula or something, or Piplup's Golden Beak/Hydro Pump!

Bottom Line: Dawn winning is just plain awesome, believeable, and non-pointless.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast