DP 177 "Decisive Battle! Hikari VS Nozomi!!" Review Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 177 "Decisive Battle! Hikari VS Nozomi!!" Review Thread

Default Re: DP 177 "Decisive Battle! Hikari VS Nozomi!!" Preview Thread

So it's pretty much, Dawn wins GF? Well if yes... OMGF I CAN'T WAIT TILL LEAGUE.

Blog Entries

Well, this looks like a action-packed, fast-paced battle. Exactly the kind I like! :p

Also, this is easily the highlight of the preview:

glameow.png">

Demon Claw ftw!

Though I really want to keep out of spoilers on who wins this match. Got to see this episode myself than just finding out the result by reading the comments here.

Quote Originally Posted by J-J-M View Post
    Though I really want to keep out of spoilers on who wins this match. Got to see this episode myself than just finding out the result by reading the comments here.
    Yeah, for the last 3 GF eps, I didn't allow myself to read people's posts in this forum or anywhere else until I watched the eps
    I plan to do the same next week and hopefully I'll learn to control myself and continue to do it this way forever
    They spoil us more than enough with all these previews/summaries/articles/whatever, no need to completely destroy everything by reading people's comments before watching it

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing that this is Psycho Cut, and it is the Christian imagery that causes it to be crackling like this.

I'm also going to predict that Erlade gets flinched by Air Slash, which will cause Hikari trouble with Steadfast. We had Absol being Shuu's threat and we don't need Nyarmar to get too much focus. I seriously believe that Erlade will be the star of the match.

Edit: J-J-M and Piplup, you are not the only ones. I do as well, because otherwise the episodes lose something. I can't describe it, but they don't have as much meaning in a way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails erlade.png  

Anyone else think it might end up as Piplup vs Glameow with the other two knocked out?

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hestia View Post
    Anyone else think it might end up as Piplup vs Glameow with the other two knocked out?
    I think it could be but I really wish it wasn't. Pochama is almost certainly staying to the end but I hope Togekiss goes halfway. I would honestly love to see Nyarmar and Erlade against Pochama for a while, if only to see Hydro Pump score a KO.

I'd really love it if it was Pochama and Erlade at the end...

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I think it could be but I really wish it wasn't. Pochama is almost certainly staying to the end but I hope Togekiss goes halfway. I would honestly love to see Nyarmar and Erlade against Pochama for a while, if only to see Hydro Pump score a KO.

I'd really love it if it was Pochama and Erlade at the end...
    I know a lot of people wont agree with this, but I think it would be very interesting if Piplup decided to evolve to help Dawn win in the final battle. Since it's most likely leaving anyway. It would be an exciting development imo.

*Runs for cover*

[QUOTE=Iteru;1626642] I would honestly love to see Nyarmar and Erlade against Pochama for a while, if only to see Hydro Pump score a KO.
    [QUOTE]

You know, I think there's a fair chance it will end up like that. It would add to the suspense and show that Dawn's win was far from easy.

I really hope Glameow gets knocked out before Gallade if it comes down to a 1v1 like in the Drew match. Glameow has been overshowcased, and this is the ONLY episode Gallade will be in, most likely. Give it as much screentime as possible, pls.

Boy, I can't wait for this episode because, for once, there's no way to tell who will win. I'm going to have a hell of a time sitting through work next week trying to avoid looking at the spoilers.

Should be a good battle overall.

Also, I do think Dawn's winning the entire GF. If she loses to Zoey I will be disappointed.

Blog Entries

I really like the fact both Zoey and Dawn's VAs made the voicing for this preview and we heard both of those signature contest cries.

Anyways, this battle looks great.

So, that fand clapping, it was Fake Out eh? Wonder what move Gallade is using to create the whirlwind. Actually I don't think it uses any move though :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Isn't Dawn's mother supposed to appear in person in this episode? I remember reading that somewhere.

Also....still no cameos of the other characters! I will be so angry if Ambipom or the princess are not shown watching the finals.

Blog Entries

Oooooh!!! This episode looks so good, definitely a worth while battle, I'm happy we have the whole episode, and that Dawn vs Zoey is in the beginning.
    It gives us some breathing room for the aftermath.

I love Zoey very much, but I love Dawn to extremes, she is awesome. She's the first main character in the history of the show to make it to the finals of such a big internation worldwide tournament.

I want Dawn to win, it'd be heartbreaking to not see her beat her main rival. Since the Jessie battle was rushed, the only full battle we'd seen Dawn win was vs Ursula, but we saw the previous Dawn vs Ursula 13 episodes ago.

Dawn beating Zoey would be a milestone in her career and as a character. Also, Togekiss wasn't given to her for nothing. If the writers wanted to Dawn to lose and still make the final, they could have easily made the match Piplup/Mamoswine vs /Glameow/Gallade!

I really can't wait for next week, but I'll probably be off because a scan spoiled the Wallace Cup before, and watching next's weeks episode, I wanna be surprised.

Although, if Dawn doesn't beat her rival, who she's only battled officially once before, compared to Ash and Paul who have had multiple battles, then I wonder what was the whole point of the Dawn and Zoey rivalry.

I have faith that Dawn will win, though, she deserves it, and because the battle begins in the beginning of the episode, we can have some breathing room to see what Dawn and Zoey will go afterwards.

Yeah, Dawn losing would only make sense if she stayed on for the next gen, imo.
    I also think the princess should be shown watching! Didn't she say something about having seen Dawn's previous contests? If so, she would almost certainly want to watch the GF.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast