DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Review Thread - Page 8

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Preview Thread

Got a small update on Ash's Gible. Turns out the mystery move was in fact Rock Smash, not Slash. Look under "Ash's Gible" and it shows it on his known moves. Looks like they were right the first time when they said his known moves. This makes Gible the second Pokemon Ash owns to know an HM Move (HM06, to be exact). And if you look under the trivia, both Grotle and Gible know HM Moves that have the word "Rock" in its name. Pretty cool. No wonder Empoleon took bit of a hit when Gible first used Rock Smash against it (back when he was wild). And no wonder when it struck Empoleon that time, the boulder that Empoleon broke with Drill Peck broke even further.

On a side note, I hope that if Gible evolves, he'll still think he's a Gible and not a Gabite, and continue the head biting stunt. =D
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure it will continue biting ash's head, albeit a bit more hilarious. I mean once Chikorita evolved, her(his?) love for ash became a never ending line of charging into him.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Ruler Z View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will continue biting ash's head, albeit a bit more hilarious. I mean once Chikorita evolved, her(his?) love for ash became a never ending line of charging into him.
    That's what I'm hoping for. It would be priceless to see a Gabite or even a Garchomp with his mouth around Ash's head, all happy as can be. Hopefully Ash has a spare hat in case Gible/Gabite punctures it a few times.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Everything was just going as planned: Gible showed how awesome he is during the first battle against Empoleon and Ash proved himself worthy of such an elite, epic Pokemon when he fearlessly rescued it twice in a row (first, when he climbed down that ravine to get Gible out and then, when he freed Gible from Team Rocket's filthy hands (Never have I been so angry at the trio than this time. How dare they even touch Gible!!!)
    I considered this the best Christams episode ever, because Ash would be given the greatest Christams gift we could imagine, but then...the writers actually had Gible lose against that penguin....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How dare you, writers???
    That Gible is supposed to be badass, to hold his own against each and everybody, to OHKO every opponent in his way.
    How dare they have such a royal Pokemon, which is bound to evolve into a copy of Cynthia's Garchomp sometime, look like an ordinary "Pokemon of the Day" ? I can't stand that unbelievable insult!

Now somebody will definitely come up with the argument that has been raised a thousand times before, namely that is was Gible's first battle, that Empoleon is Barry's strongest Pokemon and so on...So what? Why in the world can't Ash start to be a trainer who can be taken s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y after all...
    Why shouldn't Gible be a Pokemon which makes a clean sweep and wipes the floor with all its opponents? Why, tell me, WHY!

If this epsidoe was an exception, fine...But if my beloved Gible, which is expected to help Ash become a really strong and serious trainer (after 12 years), should end up as an ordinary Pokemon which doesn't differ from his countless other Pokemon at Oak's lab, I will travel to Japan personally and give the writers hell! You bet!
    But for now, let's hope for the best!
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    That Gible is supposed to be badass, to hold his own against each and everybody, to OHKO every opponent in his way.
    Goddamn that would be boring.

y team

Blog Entries

^ Queen Cynthia, you just made my day.

Jun WON! :P. He doesn't seem as weak anymore. Still only got to see Empart but I guess we'll see Gallop some other time.
    Last edited by Iteru; 25th December 2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: ninja'd-ish

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

You're quite the obvious bridge-dwelling (and possibly skirt wearing?) monster Queenie, but I can't deny that you're super funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Goddamn that would be boring.
    Maybe YOU would find that boring, but I wouldn't, on the contrary! A "sweeper" (to use competitive battling jargon) would make Ash and his team much more authentic after twelve years of standard,ordinary battling (with a few rare exceptions of course)
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    You're quite the obvious bridge-dwelling (and possibly skirt wearing?) monster Queenie, but I can't deny that you're super funny.
    Trust me, I know him from MSN for a few years now. He isn´t bridge-dwelling-monster-ing . It´s the weedle-syndrome I guess.

Dear Queeny, your expectations are of inhumanly proportions. Go and watch some other anime if you can´t accept the "rules of Pokémon" after 12 years.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you!! ^_^

Blog Entries

Maybe YOU would find that boring, but I wouldn't, on the contrary! A "sweeper" (to use competitive battling jargon) would make Ash and his team much more authentic after twelve years of standard,ordinary battling (with a few rare exceptions of course)
    Seeing Satoshi win effortlessly in one minute would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!11 dawg!

There would be no creativity, not adrenaline, no nail biting moments during the battles...
    It would be dull as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Seeing Satoshi win effortlessly in one minute would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!11 dawg!

There would be no creativity, not adrenaline, no nail biting moments during the battles...
    It would be dull as hell.
    I see, I see...Seeing Ash losing again and again (and I'm just referring to what has happened recently) is your definition of creative, nail-biting moments.
    Well, strange opinion, but let's wait and see what you will say in five years if it keeps going on this way.

Despite the disappointing start, there's still reason to hope, because given the fact that Gible has three evolutionary stages, we may assume that it won't be dropped that soon and perhaps even evolve into a Garchomp! If that happens, I'll treat you all to a (virtual) glass of beer! Wouldn't that be good:D

Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv View Post
    That and he also used Draco Meteor, which does drop the Special Attack stat by two levels in the game. The same thing did happen to Torkoal whenever it used Overheat as well, it got fatigue from using Overheat which has the same in-game effect as Draco Meteor. That and I wasn't expecting Gible to pull a victory over Empoleon, that would have been too cheap.
    That effect got me most interested. It seems like instead of less power with more usage (like Overheat), the attack will be a stamina-sapper for the little tyke. Which, for us fans, probably means more time spent with Dig, Dragon Pulse, and Rock Smash.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

I see, I see...Seeing Ash losing again and again (and I'm just referring to what has happened recently) is your definition of creative, nail-biting moments.
    Well, strange opinion, but let's wait and see what you will say in five years if it keeps going on this way.
    I'd rather see Satoshi lose in a gripping, 10 minute battle then cheaply win in a minute.
    Excitement, drama, storytelling...
    That's how I want the battles to be. I dont want a quick "Pikachu, Iron Tail!" and the opponent is knocked out instantly. There's no thrill watching that. It wouldn't be thrilling regardless of the pokemon involved. Seeing Satoshi win all the time would drive me away from the anime, it would be the same stuff happening again and again. There would be no challenges for him to overcome or problems to rectify. It would be impossible to identify with the character because no person (or pokemon...) is perfect. Ritchie was perfect right? Look how many fans he has...

I've been watching the anime from the very beginning. I'm not gonna stop just because Satoshi doesn't win all the time. By your reasoning, surely I would have given up already seeing as he "loses all the time". He sure didn't lose when he commanded a freaking Azelf to help save Sinnoh. In five years time, we will see if you can deal with Satoshi's "winning streak with Fukamaru".

Blog Entries

Arrow Re: DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    "loses all the time".
    Note this "rant" isn't directed at anyone, unless I specifically say.

What is this nonsense that he loses all the time. What Anime have you been watching? "Ash the Loser with Pokemon?" Seriously he probably has tons more wins than losses in Sinnoh.
    -----------------

And Queen Cynthia you are unbelievable you know that? Not only did you give Gliscor grief because it beat Byron's Bastiodon.

And now Gible HAS to beat Barry's Empoleon (his starter and strongest Pokemon).

Seriously make up your damn mind, is every damn battle DEM or not? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Empoleon just so you know resist dragon type moves, the only moves that would've been super effective was rock smash and dig and as you noticed in the match Empoleon didn't take any damage whatsoever, and Gible got hit with steel wing, hydro cannon, and hyper beam and yet it wouldn't be DEM at all if Gible somehow managed to win with one hit? Not to mention Gible didn't even receive any healing at all with that little tiff when Barry when he was trying to capture. The fact is it took a lot of damage but it ultimately lost because Empoleon didn't take any damage.

Stop being BIASED.

Gliscor a Pokemon that was on Ash's team for quite a long time beat Bastiodon with 3 fire fangs and it's DEM. But Gible one hit knock out Empoleon isn't.

That's really the funniest thing I ever heard since Empoleon has quite a few resistances (dragon, flying, normal, rock, ice, ghost, psychic, bug, steel, dark, water) and is immune to poison. Give Empoleon some credit the only Pokemon we saw it losing to was Pikachu, and that's because it's more experienced and Empoleon is weak against electric attacks.

I mean Empoleon was not only faster, more experienced, stronger it losing to Gible would've been Deus Ex Machina to the max.

And also Barry said he has six badges, that's only one less than Ash. I know Ash is superior to Barry, but come on he's not Cynthia level superior. And it's just one Pokemon loss. I bet you if this was a 2 on 2 or a 3 on 3 Ash would've won. But no the writers let Barry have at least one win before the Sinnoh League.

After all the inevitable 6 on 6 needs to be somewhat exciting albeit outcome predictable.

Edit: Sorry about the green right arrow, I accidentally changed it from a paper to it (it was an accident because I just clicked the right cursor key but instead of moving so I could fix/add something it changed the "reply type?" And so I just left it.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Let's keep this on-topic, people. You guys are starting to veer this thread into the same old tired arguments again.

Anyway...is this the first time we've seen Jun win against Satoshi?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast