DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Review Thread

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Aww, shoot. That lick works a lot better if you open photoshop, go to 'Tools' and apply 'Blank Stare'.

Wow... now that's funny!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    So every time Gible uses Draco Meteor, Piplup gets PWN'd.

I now officially love the writers.

Of course, I'd like them even more if they'd evolve Piplup.
    I know right. Of course once it gets mastered Piplup won't get owned but until then, it shall suffer nightmares unimaginable. Anyone else also amazed how natural a Gible hanging onto ash's head with its teeth looks? I mean towards the end before it bites Jun's hand.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

An interesting question came to mind. Do you think that if Gible were to evolve into Gabite, would he still act like a Gible and bite Ash's head? Even though Grotle grew out of that (probably because it knew it was too big to do that anymore), do you think Gible (as a Gabite) would continue that? Now that Gible is acting in a fun mannor, and if he were to evolve, do you think he would continue to chomp Ash's head, thinking he was still a Gible? Unlike Grotle, Gabite would be bipedal, so he could probably reach Ash's head at that stage. What do you guys think?

Oh, btw, I saw the screenshots of this episode, I neary choked from laughter. Gible is just so much fun!
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yeah most likely. See turtwig while the biter its theme was always....slow. As a Turtwig it was(and still is) slow in the head. Now its slow on the feet as well. Gible has the whole biting and eating thing with a dash of meteor abuse on Piplup. The Piplup one will fade away once the move is mastered but with the whole biting thing...its good to. Damn thing is going to be hilarious as a Gabite standing up with its mouth locked on to ash's head.

I don't like when Ash loses so many times. i think he needs to pull off a win sometimes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokepoll2 View Post
    I don't like when Ash loses so many times. i think he needs to pull off a win sometimes, right?
    Well, I don't think anyone will count it as a real loss. I mean Ash's newest Pokemon that can't control all it's moves just lost to Barry's strongest.

Gible despite having good attacks, seems to be fairly weak to me. He gets tired far too quickly. That's a good thing though in my opinion. It just means Gible and Ash are going to have to work that much harder.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

That and he also used Draco Meteor, which does drop the Special Attack stat by two levels in the game. The same thing did happen to Torkoal whenever it used Overheat as well, it got fatigue from using Overheat which has the same in-game effect as Draco Meteor. That and I wasn't expecting Gible to pull a victory over Empoleon, that would have been too cheap.

I just saw the screen caps for it, while not as hilarious as last week episode, it did seem kind of funny with Gible biting Jenny and Barry's head, along with his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Well, I don't think anyone will count it as a real loss. I mean Ash's newest Pokemon that can't control all it's moves just lost to Barry's strongest.

Gible despite having good attacks, seems to be fairly weak to me. He gets tired far too quickly. That's a good thing though in my opinion. It just means Gible and Ash are going to have to work that much harder.
    What with his other losts? Palmer, Paul, Scizor?

As expected, this ep was great too!
    I can't describe just how much I love both Barry and Gible!
    Thanks Arceus Barry got a win on Ash for once... but it seems like he lost to Fantina AGAIN... WTF... and that card he held was supposed to somehow help him beat her? I didn't understand what he said about it
    Best scenes are Barry rushing into Ash on his bike and Pip hiding from the Draco Meteor but getting hit anyway XDDD

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Wait Barry has a weakness to Fantina's gym? Nice. I hope that becomes a standard thing and results in him not popping up in the league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post

I agree with both of you. Ash has had a number of losses in the Sinnoh saga of the anime, more than any other saga (I think). But I do think this time it wasn't a real loss. After all, he did take it with a smile at the end. Gible is just new to battling with a Trainer, and Empoleon just had stronger moves at the time. That and Draco Meteor is still on the learning stages (poor Piplup, can't avoid being toasted from it no matter where he hides).

So, I agree that Ash has had a number of losses in this series, but since Gible is new, I feel it's not an official loss. I mean, after all, not everyone that catches a new Pokemon wins right away with that same Pokemon. Look at Dawn and May, for example. Both lost their first battles even with a Starter, and Starters are pretty tough (although they do have the new trainer excuse). So, in short, Ash and Gible have a little work to do, so even though he lost, I still feel it wasn't a real one. After all, Barry is very different than Paul, so it's not so humiliating (and Gible does get his revenge against him, such as the bike and whatever that card was). So, let's not call it a loss since Ash took it with more of a smile. Sound good? ~_^

EDIT: Forgot to mention this. Remember when Ash caught Staraptor as a Starly? He didn't win his fist battle either, and it took until he evolved into Staravia before he could nail down opponents.
    Last edited by CynthiaLover; 24th December 2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

I agree, besides nearly every time Ash has used a pokemon in an official battle after catching in DP/P it it tends to fail it's first non TR battle, Chimchar so far was the only exception to that.

Turtwig:Lost to Chimchar when it was still with Paul.
    Staravia:Lost to Gardenia's Turtwig.
    Buizel:Barely tied with Maylene's Lucario
    Gligar:Was crushed down by Paul's Gliscor
    Gible:Beaten by Empoleon.

So in a way it's ok for it to lose this once, but now Ash has to get serious.

Thank the lord it has Dig, finally a ground pokemon that knows a ground move, and also has attacks that actually work with it's typing, that alone makes it better than Gliscor in every way not just it's attitude, but the fact it's move pool works with it's typing completely.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not as good as last week's (but then again, how could they have topped that one). Regardless, it is still good. The best part of the episode, in my opinion, was when Piplup (despite hiding and paranoid) was still hit by Gible's Draco Meteor.

Ash just caught the Gible, so he's probably not used to battling with it. Likewise, Gible still has some training left to do (i.e. not perfecting Draco Meteor).
    I'm glad that Barry has actually won against Ash this time, although I would like it if he used a different pokemon instead of Empoleon.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, because because winning all the time is really exciting. If Ash won every battle that would be boring.

HAHA This was a funny episode, made me laugh all the way through. Sad, there was a lot of Ash abuse though LOL. He sure can run fast, I swear he's not human or some thing. How can he possibly make a jump that big? What the heck? And LOL Gibble eating every thing, I loved it when it ate the park bench and than tried eating Ash head again. I love Ash/Barry rivalry, the begining between them was funny. And HA Pipulp, I hope that's a continuing gagXD
    Over all yah funny episode.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast