DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Review Thread

Default Re: DP 157 "Fukamaru! Got It!" Preview Thread

I like him not being some amazing battle maniac! It's what makes him so lovable

Blog Entries

Jun would be loveable regardless

I just can't see him as league material at the moment. I'm not saying he has to have the skills of his dad or Shinji, but it would be great if he actually came off as mildly competent.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflash47 View Post
    I cant wait until Ash Catches Gible. He'd have a good moveset
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Pulse
    Bite
    Dig
    Gible can't learn Bite.
    The moveset is probably: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Dig, Draco Meteor.
    If Ash really catches it, then it will be his third pokemon (after Grotle and Buizel) whose moveset has 3 moves of the same type.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Boron
    Gible can't learn Bite.
    I hate how people take the games far too literally.

Fukamaru has a mouth. It has teeth. It can use said combination of mouth and teeth to bite things. Why wouldn't it be able to use an attack called "Bite?"
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Why wouldn't it be able to use an attack called "Bite?"
    Well there is the fact Bite and Crunch are dark type moves and are actually super effective against certain types.

Unlike actual mashing of teeth. If Pokemon were real would I go be able to bite a psychic Pokemon and cause serious amounts of damage as opposed to a powerful fighting type move?

There are rules for a reason, otherwise there would be no such thing as move limitations and every Pokemon would be like Mew, capable of learning every move.

Sure it's biting things but does that mean it's biting is going to affect psychic/ghost Pokemon a bit more that a neutral move?

Rainmaker

yeah, Gible's antic to bite everyone in a head doesn't have to necessarily mean it knows bite or crunch.
    But regardless, if writers decide to let Fukamaru have one of those moves - nothing stays in the way.
    帰りたくなったよ!!

Blog Entries

Hi. I've been a lurker for a while now, but decided to show myself to help clear a few things up and contribute the best I can. Anyway, onto the subject.

1. Gible does not know Dragon Claw. If you look under "Wilma" on this website, scroll down to the bottom of her page (its short), and you'll see "Befriended". That is Gible, and it tells his known moves, which are Dig, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, and Rock Smash. Besides, if Gible knew Dragon Claw, in the preview of DP 157, his claw would be open, not a closed fist. And if Ash catches this Gible (which will more than likely happen) that'll be Ash's second Pokemon to know an HM move (Grotle is the first with Rock Climb).

2. The reason why Team Rocket's mecha has a strange arm is to prevent Gible from eating it (remember, it ate the entire Altaira mecha in the previous episode).

And 3. Ash hasn't captured the Gible when he battles with Barry, but since he helped the little guy try to learn Draco Meteor, Gible trust him enough to command him. Ash will most likely catch Gible at the end (as usual).

And, one more thing... When did Ash get jet boots!? There is a perfectly good bridge just over there, Ash... I have to say, we've been pelted with funny episodes lately, and Gible is a barrel of laughs with his head-biting antics. I can't wait until tomorrow for that epsiode! Anyway, hope this helped.

kanto ash is back!!!:7up:

i remember that kind of stamina from the early seasons.

thats what made him awesome.

loved the speed up start before the jump.

also barry is a real rival for ash. He's cool, has style and is just plain funny, not like "stalker" paul.

Well I certainly want Ash to be able to get Gible I mean it would be a kickass Pokemon for him to have on his team, from the abscence of Gliscor.

Blog Entries

Seems Fukamaru knows lick.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This Gible has many interesting characteristics.
    It bites like Turtwig, stares into space like Psyduck, and now it's licking like Lickitung.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Aww! Isn't that cute, Gible's licking Ash like a dog. The more info that gets posted about this Gible, the more I like him and want him on Ash' team. Can't wait to see this episode in action.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    Well there is the fact Bite and Crunch are dark type moves and are actually super effective against certain types.

Unlike actual mashing of teeth. If Pokemon were real would I go be able to bite a psychic Pokemon and cause serious amounts of damage as opposed to a powerful fighting type move?

There are rules for a reason, otherwise there would be no such thing as move limitations and every Pokemon would be like Mew, capable of learning every move.

Sure it's biting things but does that mean it's biting is going to affect psychic/ghost Pokemon a bit more that a neutral move?
    But that's ignoring the fact that a bite causing a lot of damage to a ghost doesn't make even the tiniest bit of sense.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    But that's ignoring the fact that a bite causing a lot of damage to a ghost doesn't make even the tiniest bit of sense.
    Neither does a ranged ground type move like mud bomb/mud shot not affecting flying types when flying was only supposed to be immune simply because they can fly away (from Earthquake) negating the damage.

But if we think of attributes of the Pokemon maybe it does make sense. Fire fang is in a similar position but a Pokemon's mouth is set ablaze which is why it can effect Pokemon like ghosts.

Maybe Bite/Crunch is the same way, we don't see it but what if the move is actually giving the Pokemon a dark attribute similar to the other "biting" type moves, which would negate the illogical physical attacks on Ghosts, because we're not dealing with just a simple bite but sort of imagine the teeth of bite being covered in a special covering which allows one to bite ghosts in similar fashion to fire fang, thunder fang, and ice fang.

But then again we're not really dealing with ghosts as we perceive them, because Ghosts should be immune to all physical attack, however they only are immune to normal and fighting type moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

Seems Fukamaru knows lick.
    Heh, It'll probably bite him right afterwards.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast