DP 147 "Satoshi and Hikari! Tag Battle!!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DP 147 "Satoshi and Hikari! Tag Battle!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 147 "Satoshi and Hikari! Tag Battle!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    The battle itself was good, and the two finishing moves were awesome as all hell, but WAY too much time was spent on that Team Rocket encounter that had nothing to do with anything. Come on, would it have killed them to extend the battle somewhat?
    Even I have to agree with that a little. The Rocket-Dan could have been blasted off immediately. There was no need to start a battle.

But wow did Rocket fans get goodies today! Hot motto and we see them splitting a cookie! (Not to mention seeing them in Ginga grunt outfits in the preview)

This episode ended up being a lot better than I thought it would be. Even though we knew who would win, we got some awesome scenes. Especially Moukazaru's mach punch finish. It was really amazing, and not the kind of shot you'd expect from Pokemon.

Also loved that Takeshi got the PokeGear. Had a small AG flashback.

Cyndaquil and Monferno surviving a Hydro Pump is so cheap. It's HYDRO PUMP, not Water Gun.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Whoa! Brock with a pokegear? YAY! He will become max plus brock! Complete useless and annoying. OH JOY.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Great episode! I liked both the TRio plot and the tag battle
    I'm surprised Kazu's Gible didn't appear at all... and I guess that rules out the possibility of Ash getting Kazu's one - he'll probably just catch a random one
    I really liked the Flamethrower/Flame Wheel combination, hopefully they'll use it again
    Brock got a Pokégear (I think as a gift from Kazu's father for teaching Kazu things) and now that means the twerps can contact Koto and Kazu easily whenever they want... and we know the writers plan things ahead in DP so I won't be surprised at all if Brock got this Pokégear so they'll be able to contact Koto/Kazu when they go to Johto or something
    The cameo of Whitney/Miltank and Morty/Gengar was also nice (someone said they were in their old outfits - makes sense, as that was a flashback of Brock)
    Koto asked Kazu if he want to travel together with her when they go back to Johto and Kazu was surprised but then agreed... I was a little surprised by that, it seemed to me like they already were traveling together
    I'll miss Koto and Kazu so much T_T

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yeah this is serious foreshadowing of Johto appearing for me. But Kazu and Koto are not traveling together but they will now? HILARIOUS. And a brock flashback makes sense for the old clothing.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why did they give Brock a PokeGear? It took the writers 147 episodes into DP to realize that Max was gone?

What the hell?

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Why did they give Brock a PokeGear? It took the writers 147 episodes into DP to realize that Max was gone?

What the hell?
    FORESHADOWING.

Blog Entries

For a Johto visit? I kinda doubt it.

Palmer said he's a Sinnoh Brain, and in DP160 we know the Pokethlon is in Sinnoh too. Not to mention we still have the Elite 4 arc to do.

Not sure if we will see Kotone again. HGSS will be old news when Sinnoh finally ends in mid 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    For a Johto visit? I kinda doubt it.
    We have no idea what will happen after Sinnoh

Palmer said he's a Sinnoh Brain,
    A little island barely can fill too much time, not to mention Dawn won't have anything to do
    There's a good chance we might see the twerps go back to Johto - Dawn for Johto's Contest and Ash for anime made up Leaders/Brains-like characters
    We can't really know anything until it happens so let's not argue about this now...

and in DP160 we know the Pokethlon is in Sinnoh too.
    So?... it probably won't be an important plot but simply there for one time or very few eps later if they really want

Not to mention we still have the Elite 4 arc to do.
    10 eps at best so it won't change anything if we do get E4 or not

Not sure if we will see Kotone again. HGSS will be old news when Sinnoh finally ends in mid 2010.
    HGSS will be the newest main games until next gen
    Just like Emerald was for AG
    Also, if I remember correct, not only we speculated Brock might use the Pokégear to contact Koto/Kazu but I think Kazu himself clearly said that too
    I doubt they gave Brock the Pokégear to be the "new Pokénav" - not to mention the Pokégear seemed to be much more useful, didn't Kazu use it to learn the name of a place and get info about it kinda like the Pokédex?

It is very possible they intend to use the Pokégear for the twerps to find Koto/Kazu when they arrive in Johto
    I'm also still convinced it's no coincidence Ambi went to Vermilion City of all the 32532 possibilites - the way to get from Kanto to Johto...

Please, let's not turn this into "what next saga will be" thread
    All we said is maybe they gave Brock the Pokégear for a reason - they usually do such things in DP and hint/build up to things

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    We have no idea what will happen after Sinnoh

A little island barely can fill too much time, not to mention Dawn won't have anything to do
    There's a good chance we might see the twerps go back to Johto - Dawn for Johto's Contest and Ash for anime made up Leaders/Brains-like characters
    We can't really know anything until it happens so let's not argue about this now...

So?... it probably won't be an important plot but simply there for one time or very few eps later if they really want

10 eps at best so it won't change anything if we do get E4 or not

HGSS will be the newest main games until next gen
    Just like Emerald was for AG
    Also, if I remember correct, not only we speculated Brock might use the Pokégear to contact Koto/Kazu but I think Kazu himself clearly said that too
    I doubt they gave Brock the Pokégear to be the "new Pokénav" - not to mention the Pokégear seemed to be much more useful, didn't Kazu use it to learn the name of a place and get info about it kinda like the Pokédex?

It is very possible they intend to use the Pokégear for the twerps to find Koto/Kazu when they arrive in Johto
    I'm also still convinced it's no coincidence Ambi went to Vermilion City of all the 32532 possibilites - the way to get from Kanto to Johto...

Please, let's not turn this into "what next saga will be" thread
    All we said is maybe they gave Brock the Pokégear for a reason - they usually do such things in DP and hint/build up to things
    Now I remember my main argument! Yep this is oddly peculiar and with all this HGSS stuff Johto seems likely.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemSP View Post
    Cyndaquil and Monferno surviving a Hydro Pump is so cheap. It's HYDRO PUMP, not Water Gun.
    Water Gun as Totodile, Hydro Pump as Croconaw.

Blog Entries

So you guys really think Kotone/Kazu will become main characters after Sinnoh? I somehow doubt that.

Kotone can not be a rival for Ash because she's doing the Johto Gyms and Ash is long finished with that. Ash is not re-entering the Johto league, like he never re-entered the Indigo Plateau. Therefore how can Kotone be a rival when she's not doing the same thing as Ash?

This is probably the last we'll see of them aside for maybe another brief cameo in the future. I originally thought Kotone would do the Pokethlon's but that obviously is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemSP View Post
    To Monferno's credit it has expriance from battling tougher opponents on it's side so i can see why it sustained the blows and knocked Croconaw senseless with mach punch.

Cyndaquil on the other hand...writers do you love to give the region girl's abnormally strong baby pokemon as well as water ones? seriously that thing should've gone down when Hydro Pump connected.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Not a particulary strong episode imo. Very by-the-numbers for the most part, and in many ways, the first segment of this episode was not unlike the second segment of the first in this line of Johto specials. Shoehorned Rocket theft is such a blatant crutch for these guys.
    Visually it was fantastic though. I think that elaborate shot of Monferno Mach Punching Croconaw tops that stairway segment from the earlier Unown episode for this show's best animated scenes.

^speaking of the mach punch that ko'ed croconaw, i wouldn't be suprised if someone "falcon punches" that sequence lol.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast