DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Anyone else notice that when Jessie did her appeal, the males AND females in the audience got hearts in their eyes?

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Now that you mention it... yes. :P

One thing I loved about this episode, besides Chimchar being the star of the battle, is when Jun noticed Chimchar was acting completely different from when he was with Shinji, and then Hikari and Brock turned around to see Jun when he said it.

It was one of the coolest moments in the episode.

No Sacrifice, No Victory Rosakai's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After this episode, how can anyone say Ash doesn't like doing contest moves? Both he and his Pokemon obviously enjoy using them...

Pikachu's battle against Drifblim was so pitiful it wasn't even funny.

But yay for Chimchar! He was AWESOME in this episode.

Surprised to see Jessie finally getting her contest act back together and win another ribbon, but it's good. I think the writers are going to get her to the GF just to make things interesting.

Now that Jun has officially declared being a rival with Ash, Chimchar better become an Infernape with Blast Burn. It HAS to happen.

You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves. From here, the fight will be your own.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Blast Burn? That's rather random.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude
    3DS: 3050 7720 3499 -- 3DS #2: 2036 8216 4990

No Sacrifice, No Victory Rosakai's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Blast Burn? That's rather random.
    Not really, since Paul's Torterra knows Frenzy Plant and Jun's Empoleon knows Hydro Cannon-if Chimchar evolves all the way to Infernape he should learn Blast Burn to match the others' knowing of the, what I call "starter's finishing moves".

You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves. From here, the fight will be your own.

No, I think it will turn out this way, Paul's Magmortar will know Blast Burn! Torterra knows Frenzy Plant, Honchkrow knows Sky Attack and Dark Pulse, Electabuzz knows Thunder, Weavile knows Blizzard and Ursaring knows Hyper Beam. So it would make sense for his Magmortar to know Blast Burn.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Blast Burn? I thought only final evo fire starters could learn it, so could magmortar learn it? But seeing chimchar, when its fully evolved, I can't see why it would not learn it, it was awsome in this episode. I like the way chimchar controls those flames. It is a strong pokemon after all.

Good to see Juns still around, and as was said earlier in this thread, it would be boring if he joined Ash and Dawn, better him showing up once in a while.

Pikachu losing to drifblim? Thats not exactly right since its part flying and therefore electric moves should have been super effective against it and beat it without too much hastle.

And I also agree that I can see Ash's pokemon like using contest moves after this.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Default Re: DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread

Melissa acted like a clown(ess) ever since the first time she appeared, but this was the best GYM battle ever in DP to me so far.
    Those kinds of strategies Satoshi pull are precisely what I appreciate about the anime over the games.
    I think my only disappointment was Glion not being used... I mean, I should have expected that, but still >.>
    Buoyzel is starting to feel like Kimori / Juptile II.

I was... glad for Musashi getting her 2nd Ribbon. Even if I don't think she deserved it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789