DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread - Page 8

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread

One thing really bugged me out....they should have shown at least one battle scene from the contest. I know the episode was all about Ash winning the badge but Jesse winning her second ribbon is a pretty huge event as well. One battle scene could not have hurt-Yanmega ancient-powering Azumarill would have been cool....

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Wow...this was a fantastic episode! Chimchar got some much needed lovin' and an even more needed gym battle victory -- 2, even ^_^, Jessie won another ribbon, and the animation and music! I know I tend to comment more on story-related things, in general, but...wow. The battles were amazingly well-done; I especially loved Ash's strategies with using attacks over such a wide area like that.

What was the piece of music they used at the end of the episode, when they're sitting around the table discussing going to Canalave? It was beautiful.

I don't mind that Buizel was in this gym battle -- he was one of the best choices for the job, I think, and I happen to like the little guy. His battles are always so intense! He got in a win against Gengar, too, which was awesome.

But ohhhh my goodness, Chimchar! Chimchar ruled this episode! How long has it been since Pika was in a gym battle and didn't get a single KO? And yet Chimchar, one of my two favorite pokemon on Ash's Sinnoh team (the other being Buizel) not only gets in a win v. Mismagus, but also comes in on a pokemon that KOed Pikachu while it was fresh AND Buizel, and completely owns it! ^_^ And Drifblim still looked pretty fresh to me, even though it did take some good hits from both Pikachu and Buizel. The fact that Chimchar could pull this off firmly cements it as one of my favorite of Ash's pokemon of all time ^_^

Jessie won a ribbon. Eh, good for her, but I don't really care for the contests in Sinnoh (except for the Wallace Cup...that one was pretty cool). Great that we'll see her in the GF.

Last note: I F*CKING HATE JUN. I couldn't understand a word he said this episode, and I haven't seen any of the others, but he did not make a good impression on me in this one. He just seems like a whiny little hyperactive crybaby who's only point of interest is that he worships the ground Paul walks on -- a bad attempt at creating a carbon-copy of a game character and translating them into the anime. And he's going to be traveling with them for the next episode?! Sweet Jesus...and I thought Dawn was annoying...
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dragonite View Post

What was the piece of music they used at the end of the episode, when they're sitting around the table discussing going to Canalave? It was beautiful.
    It's the same music that ended almsot every Indigio Episode.

Question

What is Yanmega using in the appeal round?
    Is it Icy Wind or Blizzard?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

According to Pokeani, the VA for Momoan and Mimirol, Kawakami Tomoko, is recovering from some illness at the moment. So, all her roles are being handled by Yukino Satsuki until she can come back to work.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great episode; awesome Chimchar and Jessie winning a ribbon [will she actually make it to the Festival this time? That'd be VERY nice]. Less thrilled about Buizel being the secondary use, whom I am less then fond of, but it's barely a dent in this otherwise great episode.

Seems this is Pikachu's regional Gym failure. I think we can add Ghosts to the list of things he'll never beat, alongside the Electabuzz line. Unless I'm missing something they always defeat him.
    Last edited by Daren; 14th November 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Fixed some minor mistakes.
    "For a bunch of guys on a mission to save the world, you sure do love your detours."--Gig, Soul Nomad and The World Eaters
    Friend Code: 5241-3316-7599, character named Edward. Safari contains Marowak, Diggersby, and Trapinch. PM me if you want to exchange codes.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster Justin View Post
    It's the same music that ended almsot every Indigio Episode.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyperior View Post
    What is Yanmega using in the appeal round?
    Is it Icy Wind or Blizzard?
    It's Silver Wind, actually.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

I was pleased that Chimchar got its victory, but a bit surprised. I did not expect it to get its big gym win until the next gym, considering that it's the one with the steel-type pokemon. I was also surprised to see pikachu lose to driftblim since it is part flying type. This almost makes me wonder if they are going to do buizel part 2 with chimchar and give him 2 gym wins in a row. It honestly would not bother me since I like chimchar, but I much rather, and hope it will be, a monferno for the 6th gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dragonite View Post
    It's Silver Wind, actually.
    Why do I feel like that it's an Ice type move.

Maybe it's a problem with my eyes, I actually see that it's Pale Blue like the Ice moves, I can't see it as Silver.

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It looked silver to me, and Jessie's Yanmega is listed as knowing Silver Wind on the Pedia. I don't think Yanmega can even learn Icy Wind or Blizzard.

I better get a pair of glasses for myself.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yanmega could be TR's strongest Pokemon, I wish we got to see who it beat, even if it was just a 1 second still image.

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

Yea, they should've showed us just a little bit of the battle to see if it was a KO or a win by points.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast