DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

This episode was great. Buizel got a KO and Chimchar battled really well. I guess they're leaving the 8th gym for Pika to star in. What really made this episode for me though, was Jessie's second ribbon. If been waiting for her to win for a while and now I happened. hooray!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    it also give us the interesting possibility of Jessie having to choose if she prefer Contests or Rocket...
    If that's not an episode at the end of Shinou I'm going to be extremely disappointed. I really don't think any of them would quit Team Rocket, but it'd be a good Team Rocket bonding episode I think.

Though I don't know why Musashi doing contests somehow equals Musashi going off on her own. I agree with Piplup that the three of them will always be together no matter what they do.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uh, Jessie already chose Team Rocket over doing Contests.

Harley asked Jessie to come to Johto with them, and she said she had obligations to Team Rocket so she couldn't do that.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but she hadn't won a single ribbon yet so there's no reason she would want to leave. But if Musashi makes it to the Grand Festival leaving might sound like a better idea since she could actually be successful at Coordinating.

Exactly... things changed a lot now when Jessie actually IS a Coordinator and not a joke... she wasn't anything more than a joke during AG
    Now she is a serious Coordinator
    And now we also know how much important Contests are to her thanks to the Dustox episode
    And I really think people exaggerate with how they feel it's 100% some character will stay/leave... I don't think it's so set in stone as some feel and I think they might actually do this at the end of Sinnoh/DP and make them good guys (James won't hesitate for a second so if Jessie will decide it - Meowth will have no choise really)

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by QuietDragon View Post
    I think they were going for "much less" win it.
    "Much less win it" and "let alone win it" mean the same thing.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Not surprising that Jun is a "rival" now. If he's gonna stick around for three episodes, plus all the facts he stated in his premiere, it was pretty obvious that he'll show up at the League Championship.

And the Grand Festival race is finally on! Congrats to Jessie to winning a second ribbon! Much surprised here, could she be actually thinking on how to win now instead of BSing it?

I hope this shuts some folks up on Ash's streak of gym battles. After Gardenia, people were going batshit if Ash was gonna do this for the entire region, and where did all his "skillz" go before entering Sinnoh. Fantina I admit is very hard to beat. But I think with Byron he will lose that one and have a rematch later. His arsenal is noteworthy.

I'm very happy that Chimchar finished the battle. I hope this gives a necessary boost to evolution some time down the road.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

LOVE Hikozaru.
    So cute!

And gosh, love Jun too. It's funny because Satoshi has a rival who's personality has never really been seen before. Jun is boisterous, arrogant, impatient, is a Shinji hero-worshipper, and looks like he has really soft hair. **** YEAH.

I dont think Iwane did so hot with this one. If you ask me, he should stick to contests and rival encounters.

Speaking of contests, seems like there going to have Jessie legitamately enter the GF this time by doing contests in the background.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder why Dawn didn't know about that Contest though?

Seems strange for Jessie to find out and not Dawn.

Dawn was probably too involved with Jun and Ash's battle to care. But yes, it is odd. Too bad we didnt see Kenny or Zoey make a cameo.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Well the overall reason why Dawn didn't know about the contest is just so that Jessie could win one without Dawn losing one. I think there are a few explanations though. One could just be that she's too wrapped up in Ash's gym battle and Jun in general being a new character. Also, somebody said that the contest wasn't directly in Hearthome so the town could be just removed enough that Dawn wouldn't be seeing things like posters for it while still being a town close enough for TR to be in. Realistically if you do the math there ends up having to be like 2 contests a day per region or something simply because of the turnout at the Grand Festivals, which probably means that there would be some smaller scale contests, which this very possibly could have been.

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My guess is that Team Rocket were in a different town than where the Gym Battle was taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Matkin22 View Post
    My guess is that Team Rocket were in a different town than where the Gym Battle was taking place.
    That was confirmed earlier in this thread.

Wow, I did not think Jessie would win another ribbon, looks like I was wrong, but I'm still not positive she'll make it to the Grand Festival, I'm not saying she won't, but I'm not saying its for sure that she will.
    You may know me as Misty Fanboi13 over on the serebii forums

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Yay for Hikozaru!
    Yay for Musalina Ribbon #2!

I can't WAIT to see this one!

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast