DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread

Since Hikozaru was seen fighting both Fuwaride and Mumage, it probably will beat at least one of them, unless Satoshi has a switching frenzy like he did versus Sumono
    You may know me as Misty Fanboi13 over on the serebii forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl17 View Post
    Well that's not true, Brocks not the only one who shows that every thing isn't about compettion. Look at Dawn, her and her rivals don't fight about any thing. She always is friends with them. Ask for how every conversation always turns into a Brock should leave thread, can't help it, its just always happens without meaning two.
    Contests still count as a competition...

Anyway, I would prefer it not to happen, because all these Brock conversations make my blood boil... Not to mention that they have nothing to do with the episode at hand.

As for the episode itself, it would be good to see Jun watch how Ash competes, but I certainly don't see him joining the core group.

He'll probably be a reoccuring character/rivial at best, that's the best way he operates.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I guess your right they do battle still in contests, Brocks the only one who doesn't do that stuff. Hey I like Brock two, I like how he's been friends with Ash every region there friendship is adorable. I'd be fine with Jun being a 2 rival for Ash. Any who I understand your pain, it makes me angry when there's Ash bashing so I'll stop. This episode looks awesome and I'm glad that Jun gets to watch the battle, yah. Maybe hey'll be impressed with Ash skills after this ^^
    Ash & Aoi Shipper.
    Ash fan girl.

Would be awesome if Chimchar evolves in this ep, but doesn't look likely until the Iron Island arc.

Blog Entries

The summary for this episode really seemed to focus on the Buizel vs. Gengar matchup from what I saw, so I really am not ready to count out a potential Floatzel arrival during this battle...

Is anyone else but me aggravated that Buoysel gets to gym battle AGAIN? <_<
    I can understand Pikachu, because out of all the types it's battled in the ENTIRE course of the anime, it's never had a really showy battle with a ghost type.
    I can understand Hikozaru to show Jun and such
    but Buoysel again??!?!

I feel like Glion and Mukkubird keep getting shafted of episodes/attention. Glion is there for... comic relief and not much else, it would seem. I can't help but think how funny Glion would be in a gym battle, especially with a leader with as much personality as Melissa does. "Ara... Glion is scared?" type thing I would imagine her saying or something. CUTE. etc. Mukkubird... I don't even know why Mukkubird is still there. Hayashigame just evolved and still has to get used to its new body, so not having it battle makes sense.

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    Is anyone else but me aggravated that Buoysel gets to gym battle AGAIN? <_<
    I can understand Pikachu, because out of all the types it's battled in the ENTIRE course of the anime, it's never had a really showy battle with a ghost type.
    I can understand Hikozaru to show Jun and such
    but Buoysel again??!?!

I feel like Glion and Mukkubird keep getting shafted of episodes/attention. Glion is there for... comic relief and not much else, it would seem. I can't help but think how funny Glion would be in a gym battle, especially with a leader with as much personality as Melissa does. "Ara... Glion is scared?" type thing I would imagine her saying or something. CUTE. etc. Mukkubird... I don't even know why Mukkubird is still there. Hayashigame just evolved and still has to get used to its new body, so not having it battle makes sense.
    Naetle/Hayashigame = 3 (Hyouta, Natane, Maximum Mask)
    Eipam = 2 (Hyouta, Natane)
    Mukkubird = 2 (Natane, Sumomo)
    Pikachu = 3 (Hyouta, Maximum Mask, Melissa)
    Hikozaru = 2 (Sumomo, Melissa)
    Glion = 0
    Buoysel = 3 (Sumomo, Maximum Mask, Melissa)

Buoysel really isn't too far ahead of the curve here. If anything, it's just playing catch-up to the rest of Ash's team. Maybe it's just because it's the third straight battle that people are complaining? Glion will have it's day relatively soon, and people will probably be complaining then too.

Buizel also had the Wallace Cup, which counts as its spotlight.

Ambipom got to battle Maylene with Dawn too...

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Things seem to have cooled down, but just in case...keep all talk about whether or not Takeshi should leave out of this thread. It has nothing to do with this episode at all.

Let's all try to stay on-topic, please.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Things seem to have cooled down, but just in case...keep all talk about whether or not Takeshi should leave out of this thread. It has nothing to do with this episode at all.

Let's all try to stay on-topic, please.
    I was just about to say the same. Page 2 consists only of off-topic posts.

Here's the tv-tokyo page for DP102:
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_200811131900.html

It doesn't seem to reveal anything new, but once again it's a summary which brings up the Buizel vs Gengar matchup, for some reason.

I think they simply say the first battle is Buizel VS Gengar
    Not that it's the last/important battle

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

"It's time for the Gym Battle against the Yosuga Gym Gym Leader, Melissa. Melissa's first pokemon is the "shadow pokemon," Gänger, and the pokemon Satoshi chooses is Buoysel. Satoshi and his pokemon have been training to deal with his opponents' special technique, Hypnosis. After trying many strategies to deal with this attack, can Satoshi defeat Melissa and earn his fifth Gym Badge?"
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    "It's time for the Gym Battle against the Yosuga Gym Gym Leader, Melissa. Melissa's first pokemon is the "shadow pokemon," Gänger, and the pokemon Satoshi chooses is Buoysel. Satoshi and his pokemon have been training to deal with his opponents' special technique, Hypnosis. After trying many strategies to deal with this attack, can Satoshi defeat Melissa and earn his fifth Gym Badge?"
    Thank you, Dogasu.

Yeah, there we have the first match as predicted. Will be interesting indeed to see if any of his Pokemon will be affected by Hypnosis during the battle, or if he has a solid defense against it.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Yeah, it seems odd that the summary talks a lot about hypnosis, but in the preview it doesn't look like Gengar uses it at all and Buizel is never seen to be asleep or similar.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast