DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 128

Thread: DP 102 "Yosuga Gym Match! (Satoshi) vs. Melissa!!" Review Thread

  1. #16

    Default

    He doesn't really MUST stay in Hearthome
    He can learn from Ash that you can train with the same team that lost and than win (he said something about just using another Poké next time) so maybe he'll take some time to train and return later to Hearthome

  2. #17

    Default

    This episode looks like it's going to be one of the best Sinnoh episodes yet! :D

  3. #18
    That I Am Casual_Furi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Not where I'd like to be
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Everytime a new, likable character with charisma shows up, we're so eager to give Brock the boot. It's pretty much guaranteed that Ash will win.
    Gliscor Cries! Staravia Flies! Lucario Dies! Meowth Lies! Pikachu Fries! Croagunk Sighs! Happiny Complies! Piplup Tries! Buneary shies! Wobbuffet surprise!

    My eventual Platnum team; it can't come out soon enough!

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Furi View Post
    Everytime a new, likable character with charisma shows up, we're so eager to give Brock the boot.
    Well isn't it obvious by now the writers should have had Ash with a new male sidekick?

    DP would be a lot better if Ash was traveling with Dawn and Jun, rather than Brock. Aside from his great Pokemon, there was really no reason to bring Brock into DP in the first place, he should have left at the end of AG.

  5. #20
    Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Movie in My Mind
    Posts
    5,292
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default

    But... what role would Jun exactly have if he'd replaced Brock? Remember Ash's first Gym Battle in Sinnoh? People were complaining at the remote possibility that they'd have to sit through all of Paul's matches as well as Ash's, and that was at the first gym. Soon as it came time for the match against Gardenia, people were relieved bebcause Paul wasn't there. And Paul's only a reoccuring character; imagine what it would be like having to sit through all of Jun's Gym matches as well.

  6. #21

    Default

    Obviously Jun wouldn't be a Gym challenger if he was a main character
    Whatever they could make him instead - if he'd keep his personality and everything from his episode than he sure would be a much better sidekick than Brock... at least in my opinion
    I really like him and that's not because he's a Gym challenger and not because of his Poké - only his personality and his voice

  7. #22
    Hero in a Half Shell Duckgon Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    1,967
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Having Jun travel with Ash and Dawn if he was a Gym Battler would be boring. No one wants to see each gym battle twice. The writers need someone who has a goal different from Pokemon master and breeder, but short like collecting ribbons in contests, maybe something like racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

  8. #23
    Yawn.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    2,014
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    The amimation in this ep looks great. Interesting to see Jun's still around. Hopefully each of Ash's Pokemon can get a KO.

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    1,898
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    So "Jun"'s in a second episode? Sweet.

    I have to agree with Scott here. Good thinking, replace Brock with "Jun". He has that spunk and hilarity that Brock used to have in the Kanto episodes. Unfortunately Brock has lost most of that. I'm not against Brock, but I think it's time for a change. "Jun" recurring in the cast as well as Paul would've been really cool. If Dawn has recurring characters like Zoey and Kenny, why can't Ash?

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    Having Jun travel with Ash and Dawn if he was a Gym Battler would be boring. No one wants to see each gym battle twice. The writers need someone who has a goal different from Pokemon master and breeder
    As I said it's obvious they wouldn't have made him a Gym challenger if he was a main character

    but short like collecting ribbons in contests, maybe something like racing.
    What? Being a Coordinator is something "less" than Train? and even than Breeder that doesn't do anything?...
    Contests are on the same level as Gyms really... and before you say "you only need 5 ribbons compared to 8 badges so its short" than remember that you also lose a few Contests so the amount of Gyms and Contests we get to see is equal (in a Gym you simply rebattle the same Gym but for Contest you have to go and try another one)
    The show focus now on both Gyms and Contests equally if you didn't notice after all this time...

  11. #26
    Hero in a Half Shell Duckgon Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    1,967
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    What? Being a Coordinator is something "less" than Train? and even than Breeder that doesn't do anything?...
    Contests are on the same level as Gyms really... and before you say "you only need 5 ribbons compared to 8 badges so its short" than remember that you also lose a few Contests so the amount of Gyms and Contests we get to see is equal (in a Gym you simply rebattle the same Gym but for Contest you have to go and try another one)
    The show focus now on both Gyms and Contests equally if you didn't notice after all this time...
    I just meant that the 3rd guy should have a goal different than master and coordinator, but not a breeder so that he doesn't seem like a Brock clone. And about that contests stuff, I just meant that his goal would be something that could last 200 episodes, which should be the length of the co-stars' run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JB88 View Post
    So "Jun"'s in a second episode? Sweet.

    I have to agree with Scott here. Good thinking, replace Brock with "Jun". He has that spunk and hilarity that Brock used to have in the Kanto episodes. Unfortunately Brock has lost most of that. I'm not against Brock, but I think it's time for a change. "Jun" recurring in the cast as well as Paul would've been really cool. If Dawn has recurring characters like Zoey and Kenny, why can't Ash?
    I'd LOL If they just didn't bring a girl into the group in the 5th generation and just have it be Ash/Paul/Jun imagine all gym battling all the time. Than the fighting, Paul would probaly be the more mature one and still sock it hard to Ash every time he got arragont which would make Ash sad and cause Jun to laugh. I can't really ever picture this happing LOL.
    But they could at least have Jun either be apart of the main cast or be a main second rival for Ash. Finally Ash can have 2 rivals like those contest folks LOL.
    Ash & Aoi Shipper.
    Ash fan girl.

  13. #28
    Take the Stage! Mooites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Cherrygrove City
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Oh God, more Jun. I must be the only person on this forum who thought he was kinda-well, really-annoying. If he was part of the main cast, he'd suffer the same fate as Brock. Great for a while, but then people would get sick of it. I know I would. Having that crazy kind of personality around would just get boring, and Ash would have to become even more mature to balance it out.

    But the animation looks great! I hope somebody puts up a screen of Ash's last shot. OMG, fangirl moment.

  14. #29
    Not into Ponies I swear! PDL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    over there
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    Gosh you people are dense...

    There's much more to Pokémon then competition. Brock's profession is a good way to show how people can interact with Pokémon without constantly competing with others.

    How you people don't understand this is absolutely baffling.

    Can we make a rule that states that we shouldn't devolve every bloody thread into a conversation on how Brock should leave?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

  15. #30

    Default

    Well that's not true, Brocks not the only one who shows that every thing isn't about compettion. Look at Dawn, her and her rivals don't fight about any thing. She always is friends with them. Ask for how every conversation always turns into a Brock should leave thread, can't help it, its just always happens without meaning two.

    edit;

    Brock does good cooking though LOL. Course I'd love to see mature more and if Brock did leave just letting it be Ash/Jun/Dawn he'd have to step more. Ok I'll stop. Sorry about that.
    Ash & Aoi Shipper.
    Ash fan girl.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •