REVIEW: "Destiny Deoxys" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Destiny Deoxys" Review Thread

Bulbapædist Quagbert's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketshipper
    Am I the ONLY person on earth that likes Lovely boy!?
    Contrary to what PPNSteve said, Animelee from PokéMasters also likes Lovely Boy. As for myself, I never saw/heard that song, and from what I've heard of it I'm not sure I want to.

Blog Entries

Comments on the movie:

Munchlax was totally useless except for the scene where it evolved, which could easily have been replaced with a random vending machine or something.

Rayquaza was pointless. I think this movie would have been much better without the Deoxys-Rayquaza conflict. And why did it just suddenly stop fighting in the end???

This entire movie was about tentacle sex.

May x Sid is cute... *squee*

Quote Originally Posted by Woopert
    Contrary to what PPNSteve said, Animelee from PokéMasters also likes Lovely Boy. As for myself, I never saw/heard that song, and from what I've heard of it I'm not sure I want to.
    I have the CD.

I like it, although the English lyrics in it are just plain weird. "Hello boys and girls, take me to your heart! Let's go boys and girls, take me to your dream!" O_O;; XD
    Yume <3 Heart
    Pokémon forever!

Proud Member of Pokémaniacs Anonymous
    Because growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional.

契約?

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally enjoyed 'Lovely Boy'. It's true some people claimed it was too sugar filled, but I love that type of music! It's easy to keep up with and very cheerful so it keeps your mind off bad things. *^.^* But I have to agree with you Yume, the lyrics were a little nuts for actually, both the Japanese and English version if you ask me. XD Still love the song though!

The dub song though...'This is Paradise' wasn't bad. What I want to know though, is why? They keep Japanese in the sixth movie and even allow a whole Japanese music video to be on the DVD, then they turn around and dub over all this in the next movie? I think it'd just be easier to keep it o_o; Go figure though. WB probably got bored and told them it wouldn't air unless they got rid of the Japanese in it...for some reason I can see that happening. <.<;;; (Well these are the same ppl who made the pointless badge case change)

Over all though? I really enjoyed the movie! The story wasn't very original though. I swear the whole movie was just a rip off of a bunch of Sci Fi movies...it kind of made me mad with how many things were similar. One thing I did love though, was Musashi rubbing her butt in Blobo's face and *hearts pop up* Ryuu!~ ^o^ As much as I loved him before, after seeing the English version I even love him even more! He's such a hottie and his voice...*melts* Another bishie for my list, that's for sure! X3 XD

Blog Entries

Kaba-chan, who's he?

I mean, what's his name in the dub version?

Anyway, I don't know about everyone else, but I loved this movie!

It was great! ^_^

And I liked all of it, even that English song which was actually called "This Side Of Paradise" (it showed the name of the song in the credits).

Oh, and one of my favorite parts in the movie, was when one of the Deoxys tried to grab Ash, and then he told Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on it, and he got shocked too.

That was funny!

Ash's lines after that were, "Thanks, Pikachu", and then he said "Good Thunderbolt".

I loved it when he said that!

And one of my other favorite parts was when Pikachu jumped to the top of those blocks, and then Ash started jumping on them.

It was funny, cause at one point he had to stand and wait for one of the blocks to come or something.

LOL.

Hehehehe, that scene seemed like it could've been a platform game with Ash in it!

XD

Of course, overall though, I really loved this movie.

And it's one of my favorite Pokemon movies!

Here's the list of my favorite Pokemon movies (top 4):

1. Pokemon The Movie 2000
    2. Pokemon Heroes
    3. Jirachi: Wish Maker
    4. Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 24th January 2005 at 12:38 AM.

I like Lovely Boy, but not too much. Kaze to Issho Ni and Chiisakimono was better. Can't say anything about the dub, since I only saw japanese version.
    Last edited by Burakki; 24th January 2005 at 06:38 AM.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Lovely Boy gets a little irritating after a while, and the sharp contrast of the nature of the English and Japanese lyrics don't help. The karaoke and instrumental version are better though.

Of course, Kaze-to issho-ni ranks above it, as does Chiisaki mono (below Kaze-to issho-ni), Niji-ga umareta hi (above Kaze-to issho-ni), etc.

Kaba-chan is that random guy in the train who says, "Yeah! It's party time!" when he gets on. He doesn't have a dub name.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

And... two additions to the edit list:
    One (1) Pointless Edit, and
    One (1) Make-Deoxys-Clearly-Visible-When-It-Shouldn't-Be Edit.
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That one with the picture rearranged was probably so we could see it since it wasn't in widescreen.

SOOOOONANSU!!

wow, looking at those two pictures really makes me realize how much full screen SUCKS!!! Anyone who thinks fullscreen is good must be on crack. that edit is really stupid, and I don't think it was made for full-screen. the picture of Tooi and the pyramid are still in the center of the screen, so they would have been visible in full screen. And is it just me, or did they lower the animation quality in that WB scene?? The image on top obviously has movie quality color and image, but the one on the bottom looks like it came off the TV show...pre-AG!
    Last edited by Rocketshipper; 24th January 2005 at 10:06 PM.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    That one with the picture rearranged was probably so we could see it since it wasn't in widescreen.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketshipper
    And is it just me, or did they lower the animation quality in that WB scene?? The image on top obviously has movie quality color and image, but the one on the bottom looks like it came off the TV show...pre-AG!
    We can't compare quality. The top one came directly from DVD. The bottom one came from a recording of the TV broadcast, with unknown quality of reception and unknown storage medium before encoding.
    Last edited by Murgatroyd; 24th January 2005 at 10:10 PM.
    波導は我に有り

This entire movie was about tentacle sex.
    Here here!!

I did like it a bit. Reminded me of 28 days later, 'cept without the blood and dead bodies(which wouldn't hurt to add in)...

I just found another utterly pointless edit, possibly more pointless than the shopping paint job. It's the sort you can only catch by watching the two versions side by side, keeping them synchronized as well as possible.
    During the jumprope scene, there's a close-up on Tooi's face. That clip got time-reversed. Tooi is rotating his arm clockwise; Tory counterclockwise.
    波導は我に有り

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Hmm. That last one is interesting. I can't quite wind my head around the whole scene either. But after thinking a bit, clockwise from viewer's perspective is consistent with the whole scene. Maybe someone thought they spotted a "mistake".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast