REVIEW: "The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome!"
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome!"

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default "The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome!"

BW42 - The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome!

Sailing into the finals, Ash will either face Luke or Iris who are to face off in the semi-finals. Will Ash win the Club Battle tournament or will it be either Luke or Iris?

(Apologies for this being extremely late.)

Default Re: "The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome!"

I know, I know, everyone wants to complain how cheap it is that Iris has won. Give it a rest, people, you did all this discussing when it was aired in Japan. Just be glad the arc's over and done with. XD

You have to admit, though, the battle was pretty close, even with Pikachu's huge disadvantage.

Y Rotation Team

While Iris's win may have seem "cheap" to some, I still liked the battle and you have to remember that Pikachu was reset by the writers whether you like it or not. Plus, Iris did train hard with Drilbur/Excadrill before the series AND Ground-types have the advantage over Electric-types.

Also, I wish Iris had some character development to build up to her victory.

Now then, LET THE CONTROVERSY BEGIN!
    Last edited by matt0044; 19th November 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TPrower View Post
    I know, I know, everyone wants to complain how cheap it is that Iris has won. Give it a rest, people, you did all this discussing when it was aired in Japan. Just be glad the arc's over and done with. XD
    You can always put someone on your ignore list if you don't want to read posts containing a topic that you don't like.
    Plus people can discuss what they like as long as it is on topic and not breaking any rules :P

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    While Iris's win may have seem "cheap" to some, I still liked the battle and you have to remember that Pikachu was reset by the writers whether you like it or not. Plus, Iris did train hard with Drilbur/Excadrill before the series AND Ground-types have the advantage over Electric-types.

Also, I wish Iris had some character development to build up to her victory.
    Pikachu was only reset in the first episode, apart from a few losses, it's done pretty well since then. Ash has trained with Pikachu a lot as well and Ash has found ways over type advantages before, what with his strange ideas up his sleeves. So he could have used some here.

Speaking of Ash's ideas, I liked that spinning Iron Tail technique. Anyway, it was a pretty close battle in my opinion and I'm kind of glad that Iris won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Pikachu was only reset in the first episode, apart from a few losses, it's done pretty well since then. Ash has trained with Pikachu a lot as well and Ash has found ways over type advantages before, what with his strange ideas up his sleeves.
    Yeah, but who's to say that Iris didn't do any off-screen training to get to Ash's level.

As for this arc, it's would've been better if the writers took their time and focused on each (main) character, their Pokemon, their opponent and their battle each episode to develop everyone better. No need to cram everything into 4 episodes. Also Three on Three battles would've been good too.

I'm just getting started! Karisse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Karisse's Youtube Channel

I'm not happy that Iris won.

I'm happy that Pikachu lost.

Bishounen Pride! • Claims: Ayane, Xingcai • Signature

Yeah, but who's to say that Iris didn't do any off-screen training to get to Ash's level.
    You actually thought Iris was off screen training? I have never seen that before. Atleast in DP they show that they had started training and what the hell they were doing and for what.

For the post above me, there is a way for all kinds of Pokemon to lose, but that wasn't the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    You actually thought Iris was off screen training? I have never seen that before. Atleast in DP they show that they had started training and what the hell they were doing and for what.

For the post above me, there is a way for all kinds of Pokemon to lose, but that wasn't the way.
    Its more reasonable for Excadrill to win, it started battling way before Pikachu did and not to mention it had 99 win streak. Plus the type advantage and...Iris.

I really enjoyed this episode, even though I was kind of half-asleep while watching.

What delivery service did Iris say she was sending her Wings via to Dragon Village? I thought it was a Pokémon, but now I just can't remember.

Even more Misty parallel's:

Iris sending the feathers back home in delivery service reminds me of how Misty sent the princess dolls back to her Gym after she won them in the Princess festival episode.

Wow, the writers really drove the point home, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Melaugh View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode, even though I was kind of half-asleep while watching.

What delivery service did Iris say she was sending her Wings via to Dragon Village? I thought it was a Pokémon, but now I just can't remember.
    Pidove.

Ohh, I get it. A carrier pigeon service. Haw-haw-haw! XD

Y Rotation Team

Blog Entries

Yeah, I still have no problems with this. I just find it unfortunate that Ash suffers a brainfart once they do get to Nimbasa. Even though this tournament was Iris's vehicle, it also showed that Ash is still plenty capable himself, it's just that the writers can't decide how to portray him.
    Step into the Fairy circle

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Oh, Ash. Just admit you screwed up. We won't look down on you because of it.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast