Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Climbing the Tower of Success!

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Climbing the Tower of Success!

BW069 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Ash and friends are on their way to Icirrus City when they run into their old friend Stephan outside the Celestial Tower. Stephan explains that he has come to compete in the Wishing Bell Festival, in which a trainer partners with one of their pokemon and has to overcome various obstacles in order to reach the top of the tower. The winner gets to ring the Wishing Bell, which is said to make their wishes come true. Hearing this, Ash, Iris and Cilan decide to compete in the festival too. Which of them will be victorious?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Climbing the Tower of Success!

lmao Ash, Cilan and Iris cheated out of victory and Stephan and Cilan's cosplaying my episode rating 3/5 My only complaints was Ash not letting Pikachu evolve and the name change from Donamite to Clubsplosion :/
    Last edited by 8ther; 7th July 2012 at 09:00 AM.

Follow Bel Fanatic On Twitter

Stefan's Nurse Joy Cospaly XD Loved Cilan as Elesa

Pikachu as Bouffalant, and Cilan as Elesa had me laughing so hard. I'm getting tired of the gag of no one pronouncing Stephan's name correctly, though. It kind of felt forced upon us in this episode. Other than that, I enjoyed this episode.

Blog Entries

Very enjoyable episode xD

Was kind of cheap using "Psychic" powers over and over lol but it was funny. The kid kind of reminded me of Max in a sense.

Having Ash lose by his candle being blown out was a fun twist considering he technically "won" because Stephan had a real Litwick, but it was a nice change of pace instead of having him win nearly every "filler" competition he enters.

Another part was the barrel race using their Pokemon's moves to row faster; Pansage's arm motions from Dig, Pikachu using its tail and the kid using Psychic was pretty genius yet cheap (but I'd probably do the same to be honest). I was afraid of Iris getting a cheap place at 5th when she called for Dragon Rage, I thought it would blast the other competitors. Also, it was cool seeing Stephan work so closely with his Pokemon in an almost "Ash-like" fashion being the first to jump into the water followed by Sawk to push into 5th place with their barrel. At first, I thought he would have called for a Bulk Up attack to be able for Sawk to swim faster.

Watching this episode showed me of how much Stephan reminds me of Morrison from the Hoenn League.

Iris being hit by Confuse Ray was hilarious. Cilan as Elesa takes the cake, along with Stephan as Joy haha that was disturbing kind of like the Dough-boy + the Pink Panther all rolled into one and Sawk trying so hard to be Audino xD

It was interesting to see Pidove's Air Slash blasting through Light Screen even though Gust couldn't despite both being Sp. Attack moves. But besides that this episode is one that I wouldn't mind watching again.
    Last edited by Paulisthebest; 7th July 2012 at 12:12 PM.

It was a decent episode that made for good entertainment.
    What bothered me though was the fact that the rules weren't always fair and square but more or less subject to Skyla's grandfather's caprice. So, I think the whole competition should have been more serious.
    But apart from that, the rest of the episode sure was fun, especially the cosplay part.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

A question from me: I didn't watch the ep but did Stephan got the Litwick at the end of the ep!

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

To be honest, I didn't like this episode much at all. Cilan cosplaying my favorite Gym Leader was pretty strange, for one. Other problems I had were Pikachu not evolving, and that kid with the Elgyem cheating all the time.

...and what happened to Celestial Tower? This "Mistralton Tower" isn't anything like it, except for the design.

Pretty "meh" episode, honestly. Hopefully next week will be better.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Super Rod, a Black Belt, a Max Repel... it's nice to finally see that these items exist in the anime.

This competition wasn't exactly fair (I thought Cilan did well as Elesa XD), but... I suppose this just wasn't meant to be a "serious" episode.

I do have to wonder, and I realize I'm just overanalyzing a bit here, but what would have happened if all three of the Litwick candle flames went out? Would they just have to redo the whole round or would there just be no winner? Lol.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 7th July 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Did Stephan got the Litwick at the end of the ep!
    Uh.... no :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    A Super Rod, a Black Belt, a Max Repel... it's nice to finally see that these items exist in the anime.

This competition wasn't exactly fair (I though Cilan did well as Elesa XD), but... I suppose this just wasn't meant to be a "serious" episode.

I do have to wonder, and I realize I'm just overanalyzing a bit here, but what would have happened if all three of the Litwick candle flames went out? Would they just have to redo the whole round or would there just be no winner? Lol.
    I loved seeing all of those items as well, probably if battling wasn't so ridiculous in the anime items would be used in battles or at least Pokemon could hold items to boost their moves. My face was lighting up when they called out all of those items. xD

The Thunderstone part was funny as well, wow Ash would it really be "that" bad if Pikachu evolved? Well you know not for Ash but for the franchise, oh well...

You know I thought the same thing considering all 3 were surprised at how high the tower was and how those Pokemon just kept on attacking. My guess is if all 3 were put out then they would either have to start over or the one whose candle lasted the longest would have won.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

I kinda enjoyed today's episode. Though I kinda wish that the competition was more fair. I would've loved to see *insert psychic kid's name here* get disqualified for using his psychic moves earlier on. I was disappointed that it was called Mistralton Tower, instead of the Celestial Tower in the games (thought it was Dragonspiral at firs, I need to play the games more). I enjoyed the cosplaying and the quiz segment, especially to Stephan's stupidity.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Anyone notice that Iris actually pronounced Stephan's name right during the lake race. I actually loled at that point. Too bad Stephan wasn't around to hear it. I also laughed when Miles calls Stephan "Sherman". Anyone who's annoyed with the mistaken names better get used to it because you're going to get a lot of it in the next few episodes.

Anyway, it's still one of my favorite episodes as Stephan gets a majority of the attention~ My only complaints is that the dubbers didn't catch that Ricky is actually based on a Psychic in the games, named Bryce. Also that Jason Griffith's impression of Elesa was lack luster compared to how Cilan did it in the original. But yeah, great ep.

Solid funny episode. Managed to hit that sweet spot between comedy and action. Ricky was a pretty funny character of the day, even if the writers do, for some reason, make everyone with glasses a borderline sociopath.
    Maybe it was just me, but it wasn't till this ep that I actually really liked Stephan as a character. He's a solid comedic rival.

But the question remains...

...will this be the first series where Ash doesn't crossdress at all?

I didn't understand the point of this episode to be honest...just another filler to me. I watched it in Japanese and loved the scene in which Dent dresses as Elesa! XD Though, it wasn't as funny in English because English always messes stuff like this up and voice-act it in emotionless mono-tone. >.< The Japanese voice actor was really into it and made it funny. I still thought Afro-Pikachu impersonating Bouffalant was adorable, though. x3 "Pi-kachuuu~"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)