REVIEW: BW99: "The Tag Battle of the Sky and the Earth!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: BW99: "The Tag Battle of the Sky and the Earth!"

Thanks for contributing

Default Re: BW99: "The Tag Battle of the Sky and the Earth!"

YAY UNFEZANT GOT TO DO SOMETHING!

Really, that's all I care about. As for the episode, it was lame.
    fuck you, sig.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have placed my episode review in spoiler tags. Feel free to read it if you want to.

A decent ep, nothing particularly groundbreaking, but hey at least Braviary was cool, and Ash and Cilan got a win.

But we did learn that Pokeballs are evidently light enough to float on water.

Blog Entries

Visit Grabbergirl's Youtube Channel

The twins are ugly! The midriff baring is just meh. Chili and Cress finally appeared in a fantasy after fourty-one episodes of absence. At least it made me feel better their better to look at than the twins (I didn't like the twins designs). It's nice to see a funny flashback of Emmet and Ingo. They seemed to be more close to their pokemon than they were in the past. Even though I'm not fond of them it was funny how they screamed and over reacted over their pokemon being defeated. lol at Emmet and Ingo acting mentally ill and paranoid! It shows Emmet and Ingo can't tolerate losing. Why are they out in the open still in proper uniforms instead of being in the gear station? It's make more since if they weren't hats and the jackets. I'm pretty excited that Chili and Cress made it!!! I still think Chili left on his journey.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Who ever animated this episode shouldn't touch unfeazants design ever again, she looks bad enough as it is, so a design flaw will just stand out even more.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

They had arguably the best animation director in the show working on the parts involving Unfezant, so I can't understand what there is to complain about.

And what 'design flaws' exactly? It's pretty much just a pokemon-ised version of an actual bird, there's not exactly much they can screw up there.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    They had arguably the best animation director in the show working on the parts involving Unfezant, so I can't understand what there is to complain about.

And what 'design flaws' exactly? It's pretty much just a pokemon-ised version of an actual bird, there's not exactly much they can screw up there.
    Unfeazants beak was quite huge, looked so terrible IMO
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

An average episode because of continuous repetitions.. the tag battle was good and nice intro to braviary.. The twins repeat the same thing every 15sec in 1st half really frustrates.. and enough of pansage and bullet seed/solarbeam.. turn ur attention to sum other of cilan's pokes.. good practice for unfezant.. a cilan-centric ep.
    Looking forward to next one being better to these eps :)

Blog Entries

Dent, you disappoint me. Maggyo should've been used to allow Thunder Armor to make a glorious comeback.
    HumanDawn likes this.

I really liked the twins; they kind of reminded me of the twins from Sinnoh that Ash and Dawn battled against. Anyway, I liked that the battle was taken care of during the first half of the episodes as opposed to the last half. That was a refreshing change of pace. I was also impressed by the battle itself; I thought it was interesting that Drilbur and Pansage were taken up into the sky for the match. Also, the Corphish and Buizel cameos were cool. It was a great episode all around.

Blog Entries

It was an Ok episode.

The only thing I was thing about when the brothers went over the top with their combines move were team rocket's old sleves when they were idiots. It got the annoying side really quick. I did like the combinition moves because I'm a DP fan and boy what awesome moves they pulled off in this episode. Rock Side with Fury Attack, Metal Claw with Aireal Ace, Dig with Brave Bird, Awesome! The Battle was ok as well.

Ash and Clian finally got a win as a tag team. And beat two guy that beat them genous. Unfezzent was good in this battle even tho she was carring Pansage it was still helping. I did want her to do more, but the sky fight made up it. What I mean be sky fight, Is with the two Pokemon twist and turn around in the air. I love the comb moves that was episode big point of me.

The middle part of this episode was boring and made me go to sleep. It was good to see Builez and Corhish agian, but it was to short. I laught at Ash pulling out his Poke'dex on the two Pokemon, but I'm ok with and we get new text favorer for them. I give this episode a 5/10. It was strong in the battle department but weak on the plot.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was reminded of the champ twins episode from DP, naturally. I was rather surprised that Ash and Cilan won, since I was expecting a rematch later in the episode - only to find that the second half of the episode was about training or something or other - but doing something a little different is okay too.

Overall, not really a bad episode, IMO.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

This is one of those episodes where the writers should had realized they can't stretch a plot like this for an entire 22 minutes.

I'm at the least glad they... ...erm... 'attempted' to give Ash and Cilan a little episode to call their own before ZOMG IRIS TIME, and that Unfezant actually got to do something. Maybe later she could fashion her feathers into a duster to clean off the cobwebs on Stunfisk's Pokeball.

So the mandatory new characters of the day are named Sora and Rikku? But that can't be right, they didn't have nearly enough zippers and belts on their clothes.
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The Satoshi and Dent teamwork was just as great as always. The two were brilliant at quickly adapting to Soran's and Riku's battling style and beating the twins with it, Dent and Satoshi have an excellent compatibility with each another.

I loved Soran and Riku admiring Dent, especially when they kept embarrassing him by calling Dent their "super aniki".

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Any fan of the AG and/or DP series should have felt insulted when Ash scanned those two pokemon. I've never felt this angry over watching a Pokemon episode since the middle of Johto.
    Well then you don't have to fret as Satoshi recognized Buoysel and Heigani before he scanned them with his Pokédex.
    I have to agree with you. I always liked how Cilan and Ash battled together.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

This was a very dull and boring eppy. The twins really seemed like a carbon copy of the Hoenn gym leaders....

don't know why, but this eppy seemed rushed...
    97SaturnSL1 and Caseydia like this.
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 18th October 2012, 02:32 PM
  2. 18th October 2012, 06:21 AM