REVIEW: BW141:" Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: BW141:" Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW141:" Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Are you sure there's no "why"? I thought he did state some reason, but I couldn't make anything of it...
    I'm just going by what Dogasu said. Maybe he didn't bother mentioning it.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Wait.....Dento is gonna go from Johto to Hoenn??

Hopes Brock goes with him.

Blog Entries

Well since dento is in hoenn and iris in johto that means we will be getting dent as the guest in XY. Faaaaaaaabulous~~~

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TPrower
    Why is a simple hug between Ash and his female traveling companion so much to ask for?
    Japanese people don't hug each other nearly as much as we do. It probably honestly never occurred to the writers to have their characters say goodbye to each other in such a Western way.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup
    and Cilan decided to go to Hoenn in order to do... what exactly?
    He's going to Muro Town to participate in a fishing tournament being sponsored by Old Man Hagi.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 19th September 2013 at 04:43 PM.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Ugh, yeah, it definitely wasn't a departure episode to write home about, though it wasn't as bad as I first thought after reading all the posts here.

I'm not really mad at TR though, because those who are to blame are definitely Iris and Cilan. While TR just could've gone and die in this episode, I'm mostly furious with Iris and Dento. Their behaviours were so unnatural since both of them acted like they barely even knew Ash - they acted as if their whole journey together meant nothing whatsoever.

I'm especially surprised to the way Iris was. When announcing that she indeed would be travelling to Johto in order to battle Clair, she didn't seem to be the slightest hesitant nor sad for having to leave Ash and Dento - she just seemed happy. I was really surprised seeing that as she back in Unova after Episode N had ended seemed so sad about hearing Ash going back to Kanto, so I was expecting her to actually be really sad here. Cilan was just as weird though, as he neither seemed awfully sad about leaving Ash, but instead seemed excited as he'd get to travel with Iris for a bit longer.

Ash, on the other hand, was great here. The problem with the departures in AG and DP is that they felt rather one-sided, with Dawn and Max both being sad about being forced to separate with Ash, while Ash just didn't seem to care as much. Here though, Ash was the one who seemed to feel truly sad about leaving Iris and Cilan, something that just didn't feel like it was mutual unfortunately. Hell, he'll even be thinking about them in the episode after this. That's like the most we've gotten from him ever. So there's really nothing to complain about when it comes to Ash, because I thought he behaved most naturally. He proved to me that he Iris and Cilan both were very special to him, despite having gone through lots of departures with his previous friends, he still hasn't been this sad since departuring with Misty and Brock.

Really didn't care for Axew or Pikachu as the two of them never did feel especially close to begin with, but at least their good-bye was better than what we got from Piplup and Pikachu as Dawn left Unova like why was Piplup even so whiny back in DP if it barely cared for Pikachu the second time they got to see each other? x)

So yeah. I still don't feel like there has actually been a great departure episode since OS, though this time, unlike with DP or AG, we at least got to see Ash being emotional, which is appreciated. Though I'm still waiting for the sadness about being forced to separate be mutual, just like it was in OS.

Regardless of all this criticism, I did actually cry with the actual departure, something that actually was really sweet, and I am going to miss Iris and Dento a whole lot. They're without a shadow of a doubt my favorite characters in the whole series, and the trio as a whole was definitely my favorite group as of yet. The short montage we got in the end was great, though I wish that instead of showing their interactions with Ash they'd actually have shown some clips as the three of them were all together, as the family they are.

I'm gonna miss them so much. ;__;
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Cilan really wanted to go to Hoenn instead of Johto, he could have just purchased a ticket on the ferry that travels from the Seafoam Islands to Littleroot Town just like Ash did at the end of the original series.

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I feel terrible for Iris and Dent for getting such a poor sendoff. For the past month I've been preparing for an emotional departure episode, knowing that despite the ups and downs of the Best Wishes saga, I'd be sad to see them go but.... This isn't exactly what I was hoping for.

The fact that the vast majority of the episode was dedicated to yet another ridiculous Team Rocket plot with nothing more interesting than the average filler episode, along with the fact that Iris and Dent's departure was so hastily shoved into the last few minutes makes me think that the writers had just.... given up by this point. It was a terrible sendoff that they didn't deserve.

0/10 would not bang
    Im sure that if they had a realllly emotional departure everyone would be complaining about that and how they don't deserve one.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Why I can't think of anything to say about this episode?... I can't organize well my ideas...

-Parker. He's awesome. I love him. Great farewell episode to him. He has a kind of generic personality, and this time they managed to retain that "genericness", yet show him like a hero and a very great person.

-Team Rocket. Awesome. They execute their plan in a really awesome and funny way. The scheme alone was pretty amusing, so this was pure gold.
    -Alexa. Good. She didn't had to go elsewhere but instead she just didn't notice anything, and that worked well. I didn't like her participation in Kanto, though. She was like an outsider, specially during the train scene.

-Ash, Iris and Cilan. Terrible. The worst departure I have ever seen. And it's extremely dumb because, if only two minimal details had being included, it would have been a non-bad departure. First, show a little more emotion from Iris and Cilan. Physical contact. Freaking physical contact. I mean, aside the flashbacks and some little details, it just a CoTD goodbye. Second, build up Cilan and Iris's decisions in previous episodes. Specially Cilan.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Iris and cilan leaving were just so out off the blue, i mean, it was just sooo forced

anyways, i thought it was a pretty good episode 8/10 :)
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by valzz View Post
    Im sure that if they had a realllly emotional departure everyone would be complaining about that and how they don't deserve one.
    I think they would have cared more about appeasing the fans of the characters and doing said characters justice more than people who complain about the emotions.

But yeah, count me in on the unsatisfied train. Team Rocket's plan would have been interesting in another ep, but we needed the time here for Iris and Cilan. The TRio already have XY, they didn't need this episode.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

You can really tell the writers stopped giving a crap at this point, but Cilan and Iris deserved better. :\ Why travel to a place and be barely there before deciding to go off to another one so hastily? It's not like they were on a plane and were stopping over at a half-way point.

And who says that there isn't some time between Cilan departing and then meeting up with Brock? He would've gone to Hoenn to do that fishing tourney, and then stop by Johto during some arbitrary length of time.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Registered User PropellorYoshi1808's Avatar

Team Rocket was a lot of fun in this episode. I'm really glad they actually used the Unova motto music, and the kids being fooled by James' disguise was actually believable this time. I'd say it was unfortunate that they got so much screen time because it gave Iris' and Cilan's departure the shaft, but the fact that they didn't even really seem that upset about leaving the friend they traveled with for who knows how long shows that giving them an extra five or so minutes wouldn't have changed much (well except making their departures slightly less abrupt but then again this franchise has done this kind of thing before).

I dont even know anymore.
    Tumblr

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post

-Ash, Iris and Cilan. Terrible. The worst departure I have ever seen. And it's extremely dumb because, if only two minimal details had being included, it would have been a non-bad departure. First, show a little more emotion from Iris and Cilan. Physical contact. Freaking physical contact. I mean, aside the flashbacks and some little details, it just a CoTD goodbye. Second, build up Cilan and Iris's decisions in previous episodes. Specially Cilan.
    you basically summed up how I feel about this episode and thier departures. Did'nt like how it was handled at all.

Yah, worst good - bye episode yet. Seriously, it was like Iris and Dento didn't even care about leaving, seemed excited matter of fact. Maybe they are just happy to get Team Rocket off there back, as long as they go with Ash they'll keep following LOL. A little bit of tears from Iris and Dento would have been nice, oh well out of all the groups from he series they didn't feel that close to me.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King
    If Cilan really wanted to go to Hoenn instead of Johto, he could have just purchased a ticket on the ferry that travels from the Seafoam Islands to Littleroot Town just like Ash did at the end of the original series.
    One of the reasons Dent is following Iris to the Jouto Region is so that he'll be able to ride the Magnet Train from Yamabuki City to Kogane City. The Metro Sommelier in him just can't pass up this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by PropellorYoshi1808
    I'd say it was unfortunate that they got so much screen time because it gave Iris' and Cilan's departure the shaft, but the fact that they didn't even really seem that upset about leaving the friend they traveled with for who knows how long shows that giving them an extra five or so minutes wouldn't have changed much
    It wouldn't have changed anything at all. I think it's pretty obvious from seeing what was there in the departure that the problem wasn't "we don't have enough time" and more "we suck when it comes to writing satisfying conclusions for any of the characters in BW, ever." The Rocket trio aren't to blame for that.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast