REVIEW: BW136 - Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: BW136 - Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW136 - Ibuki and Iris! The Different Colored Crimgan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    I would have liked Charizard to have grown strong enough to be able to push back and win instead.
    Charizard holding itself back from recklessly battling anybody it sees as an enemy is a notable milestone in its development. It was pushed several times during this episode that violence is not the answer to every problem, and sometimes fighting can make a situation worse. Clair and Iris stopped their pokemon from battling each other the first time, and both Clair and Iris have calmed an enraged Druddigon down by showing it love and care.

It's nice to see that Charizard has learned to use its strength when it is necessary instead of attacking anything that it sees. It's not that Charizard is weaker than the Dragonite, but it has compromised itself to settle its conflict without battling them. Charizard was sent out to help the Dragonite remove the steel door, and it followed Ash's command to let the Dragonite duo handle it. The mission to find the shiny Druddigon was more important.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 1st August 2013 at 11:59 AM.
    martianmister and Caseydia like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I would have liked Charizard to have grown strong enough to be able to push back and win instead.
    Charizard holding itself back from recklessly battling anybody it sees as an enemy is a notable milestone in its development. It was pushed several times during this episode that violence is not the answer to every problem, and sometimes fighting can make a situation worse. Clair and Iris stopped their pokemon from battling each other the first time, and both Clair and Iris have calmed an enraged Druddigon down by showing it love and care.

It's nice to see that Charizard has learned to use its strength when it is necessary instead of attacking anything that it sees. It's not that Charizard isn't weaker than the Dragonite, but it has compromised itself to settle its conflict without battling them. Charizard was sent out to help the Dragonite remove the steel door, and it followed Ash's command to let the Dragonite duo handle it. The mission to find the shiny Druddigon was more important.
    Good Response Man because Violence does not solve Anything at all.

Blog Entries

So did this episode shed some light on Iris' fate post-BW?

Quote Originally Posted by valzz View Post
    Did they ever explain why Kibago doesn't go in it its pokeball?
    In-universe, doesn't seem to be much of a reason beyond it seemingly preferring to travel in Iris' hair. Axew's Poké Ball has never been mentioned, but Excadrill has a Poké Ball, so I imagine Axew has one.

Out-of-universe, it's possibly to go with Iris' whole natural theme, and almost definitely to have the traveling companion's small, cute, un-evolving mascot Pokémon travelling outside of its Ball for maximum shenanigans and being cute (the odd exception being Dawn's Piplup during the first 60 or so episodes of DP, when it stayed inside its Poké Ball.)
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 1st August 2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post

It's nice to see that Charizard has learned to use its strength when it is necessary instead of attacking anything that it sees. It's not that Charizard isn't weaker than the Dragonite, but it has compromised itself to settle its conflict without battling them. Charizard was sent out to help the Dragonite remove the steel door, and it followed Ash's command to let the Dragonite duo handle it. The mission to find the shiny Druddigon was more important.
    It does when your dream is to become a pokemon master.

Blog Entries

It does when your dream is to become a pokemon master.
    True, and I Am not going to Argue here because it is true in this kind of a Universe so U are Right one 1 Point Man.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Well, this episode was okay. I loved Iris's flashbacks ofc but the old scenes look really ... strange, dunno, something's off about them. Also, seems as if Clair is going to meet Drayden so there's still a possibility of Drayden suggesting Iris accompanies her to Johto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Well, this episode was okay. I loved Iris's flashbacks ofc but the old scenes look really ... strange, dunno, something's off about them. Also, seems as if Clair is going to meet Drayden so there's still a possibility of Drayden suggesting Iris accompanies her to Johto.
    Probably Not Man, I think Ok, I don't get all of this talk and Iris will probably just go back to Unova or something I do not know?.

Blog Entries

Probably Not Man, I think Ok, I don't get all of this talk and Iris will probably just go back to Unova or something I do not know?.
    Unless Iris goes to Johto.

Drayden has already noted that Iris isn't the kind of girl who can just rest at one place, that's why he initially suggested that she learns while traveling because she'd feel much better like than than confined within school with no friends. I believe that for the same reason Iris wouldn't really like having the obligations of a gym leader, being obliged to stay at one place. Sure, she'd battle some powerful trainers, but then what? Also, Iris could progress in her goal much better if she kept on traveling and perhaps caught a few more dragons. :/ Axew could progress that way too.

Plus, it's not a coincidence that Clair appeared this late in the saga, met Iris and is now going to meet Drayden.

Blog Entries

Unless Iris goes to Johto.

Drayden has already noted that Iris isn't the kind of girl who can just rest at one place, that's why he initially suggested that she learns while traveling because she'd feel much better like than than confined within school with no friends. I believe that for the same reason Iris wouldn't really like having the obligations of a gym leader, being obliged to stay at one place. Sure, she'd battle some powerful trainers, but then what? Also, Iris could progress in her goal much better if she kept on traveling and perhaps caught a few more dragons. :/ Axew could progress that way too.

Plus, it's not a coincidence that Clair appeared this late in the saga, met Iris and is now going to meet Drayden.
    Ok so maybe it will happen but it will probably be another Unsolved Question in the Pokemon Anime Universe like others before.

Blog Entries

Ok so maybe it will happen but it will probably be another Unsolved Question in the Pokemon Anime Universe like others before.
    We shall see. Either could happen, I'm just speculating 'bout the possibility.

Blog Entries

We shall see. Either could happen, I'm just speculating 'bout the possibility.
    And I agree with U there Man this is just ALL SPECULATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Just curious, did Clair make any sort of proposition to Iris for her to come with Clair or something?
    Not that I remember, but she told her that they should battle the next time they meet.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

One thing that bugged me about this episode was how the animators put absolutely no effort in making any of the winged pokemon look like they actually need said wings to fly. I counted maybe one or two times where they actually bothered to have them flap their wings (and even then it was in a really unrealistic way) while all the rest of the time they just sort of hovered there, unmoving. So lazy, so cheap.

I know this is a recurring problem and that there are probably other episodes where this is more of an issue, but for some reason it really bothered me this week.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

The thing that bugged me about this episode was not only the wing problem, but how lazy the animators were overall. Worse than the Butterfree episode. The first half of this episode is painful to watch just because how weirdly drawn everybody is, and that's a shame since the plot is pretty good.

Now that the twerps are traveling with Alexa and she seems to know about Decolora, Parker seems to be getting a bit abandoned, and I'm dissapointed about that. Plus instead of showing new Parkers, they're just meeting the same again, and in the same order. But I liked Alexa's strange interacting with Parker (provided that this is the first time both characters are seen interacting, she just randomly pops out behind him (although it could be my Parker fanboyism talking)).

A great thing about this episode is that Team Rocket is actually doing something competent and being funny at the same time, and at this point I'm glad they didn't say the motto because of the recicled footage. I also liked seeing them using a bazooka again, though come to think, they used a much smaller implement for exactly the same purpose five episodes ago.

It was a nice touch that Clair's Dragonite's eyes have the old style to differentiate them from Iris' Dragonite's. The Dragonite rivarly was left unresolved and to be frank, the last scenes were more of a "we'll meet again, so let's not overdo ourselves with the partings" rather than a "so I guess this is goodbye... I'm gonna miss you, but we will meet someday, be sure of it! (actually no, LOL)" farewell. I'm sure Clair will reappear and take Iris to Johto so she would be her apprentice.
    Neowsu and martianmister like this.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Nice to see Outrage more, it's such an awesome move and so underused (only used by that wild Dragonite and Iris' Kibago before). This was a great episode.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast