REVIEW: BW132 " Wish on Jirachi! The Seven-Day Miracle!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: BW132 " Wish on Jirachi! The Seven-Day Miracle!!"

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW132 " Wish on Jirachi! The Seven-Day Miracle!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    I wonder if they kept Jirachi silent at the end since his actress notably died on Tanabata, the festival Jirachi was based on, and it was her last role.

Shit man, I don't know if I can watch this episode...Chiisaki Mono always makes me tear up. The best Movie Song, imo, and even the dub kept it...mostly...in tact.
    I sorta think that's the reason why jirachi is silent due to the death of the original voice actress.

I actually thought it did speak but it turns out it was mouthing words.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo
    Didn't they use the "Celebi's Revival" BGM from the fourth movie in BW052?
    I'm not able to check right *now*, but I'm pretty sure what they used there was the remix from the Zorro'ark movie.
    Hhmm... So that's why it sounded different to me. I completely forgot about that remix to tell the truth, so I just cheked and the one in BW052 is indeed the remix.

And also the "Seting off" original series BGM played a couple of episodes ago.
    Do you remember which episode? I can't imagine something like that escaping my notice.
    My bad again, it wasn't "Seting off", but "The Matter is Settled". My point remains since it's from the same original series soundtrack, so it's older than the Giratina movie music. It played exactly one couple of episodes ago (BW130), when Satoshi was training with Trancell at sunrise.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They incapacitated both Pikachu and Kibago very early in the battle by having Kojirou's Morobareru paralyze them. I'm not sure how that's not "competent."
    I guess I should have explained it better, I felt like the resolution and their defeat was way too quickly. This is the same Morobareru that destroyed Pikachu with Body Slam back at the beginning of Episode N. Once Kibago and Pikachu were healed they managed to defeat Morobareru and Pururiru easily.

Agreed. Though I think what they're doing now is treating the Rocket-Dan mottos like those transformation sequences from one of those magical girl shows and will probably keep recycling the same animation until the end of the series.
    Which is weird considering they just have so many different versions to use, then again I guess I could write off quite a few of the Black and White motto animations due to the words not matching the scenery.

Swifter than Swift swiftgallade46's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm confused...is the comet in this episode the Millenium Comet? Also, are any M06 references made in this episode whatsoever? (Other than Chiisaki Mono)
    "everything is awesome" Velo Jello 9:03 pm
    Hey swift, before I hate myself for thinking of this
    How many battles could a swift ref ref if a swift ref could ref swiftly

My URPG Stats!
    Ask me to ref on URPG's AIM!

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

I cried sooo much!!! what an ending!! and that song!!! ehhhhhhhhhrghhh

i think i'm in love with this saga, and beautiful episodes like this reminds me off it

D:
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

I'm sort of torn. I liked the episode and its outcome. I liked Holly and her determination. But I also liked having Jirachi only in the movie. (That movie is in my top 5 Pokemon ones; might even be #1.)
    Well, because that can't happen anymore, I have to say I liked it.

I was unaware the original seiyuu died. Rest in peace.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I may have found my favorite DA! episode so far - and all because of the ending and the insert song from Movie 6 that played.

I was both surprised and unsurprised to hear Chiisaki Mono being played. I was half expecting some movie 6 music to be used, but at the same time...I didn't think they'd actually play that song there. It felt good to hear it.

I don't see why so many people are having trouble reconciling this episode with the events of the sixth movie because... well, there's nothing to reconcile. It's a different Jirachi altogether. We've had multiple legends in anime so far, why should Jirachi be any different?
    martianmister likes this.

Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A very enjoyable filler. I'm not expecting TPCi to use "Make A Wish / A Small Thing" but it would be nice if they could either use the dubbed or Japanese version. They could probably use the instrumental or orchestral versions which would be a nice fit. I'm more on the side of them using one of their MIDI tracks but all that said, I think that Follow Your Star would be a nice fit, the Alex Nackman version would fit nicely.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic58355_1.gif

When Ash's Charizard gives you a thumb's up, you know that he'll be back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    I sorta think that's the reason why jirachi is silent due to the death of the original voice actress.
    We've had plenty of speaking legendaries who have been silent when they appear in the anime. I doubt this has anything to do with it.
    PockyAddict and martianmister like this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    We've had plenty of speaking legendaries who have been silent when they appear in the anime. I doubt this has anything to do with it.
    Dang I sorta forgot that when the talking legendaries appear in the TV series, they don't talk that much.

Blog Entries

Lovely episode and a great way to honour not only the 10 years anniversary for the Jirachi movie but also Jirachi's deceased voice actor. The soundtrack went right in the emotions, dang! ;A;

Although the episode felt really rushed once TR barged in. The first half had a decent pace, I think, but then everything happened kinda at once. Jirachi attacks, faints, TR blasts off, DADDY APPEARS, save Jirachi, water yay, bye bye Jirachi, the end. Could've been evened out a bit more, maybe? But this is minor nitpicking, still a really nice episode with good feelings all around.

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

The animation and art is quite nice this episode!

Da! as a whole has been kind of lackluster, animation-wise, especially compared to a lot of Episode N, so this was nice to see. I really liked Holly's design.

The inclusion of a second facet to her wish, in the form of wanting to reunite with her father, helped make this episode less of a rehash/condensed version of the Jirachi and Reshiram/Zekrom movies (the former for obvious reasons, the latter for the restoration of her land's former glory).

The lovely art and excellent music choice (Chiisaki Mono as an insert song!) made the finale have more emotional impact.

"Get better, Jirachi. Forget my wish from before! If you'll be okay again, that's enough. That's my one wish!"

I just really liked that scene. Fittingly dramatic and moving, I think.

... and this Jirachi is clearly different. ^^;; That movie's Jirachi needed a child to bond with to wake up. This Jirachi is so shy that it took Holly practically the whole week to even be able to approach it without frightening it! Moreover, this one's quieter and only uses human language once (and we don't hear its voice, just see it mouth "arigatou"/"thank you" as has been mentioned). And the most obvious difference?

This Jirachi is green-eyed. Movie Jirachi is blue-eyed.
    jirachi-green.png
    jirachi-2.png
    Bubble Frog and martianmister like this.

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

[sarcasm]I can't wait to see this episode dubbed and how they'll replace Chiisaki Mono.[/sarcasm]

Was Jirachi voiced by Mika Kanai? It sounded like Emolga to me, just instead "emo" it said "jira".

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by YamashitaTheWildCat View Post
    [sarcasm]I can't wait to see this episode dubbed and how they'll replace Chiisaki Mono.[/sarcasm]

Was Jirachi voiced by Mika Kanai? It sounded like Emolga to me, just instead "emo" it said "jira".
    I don't know about Jirachi's seiyuu, but I hope they use the half-English, half-Japanese Chiisaki Mono/Make a Wish song. ;^;

They have the rights, don't they?

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast