REVIEW: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!"

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!"

Iris didn't leave and no one caught the Dunsparce. No surprises there.

Quote Originally Posted by valzz View Post
    Omg the "Pikachu to kikaretara" was the best scene xD next the Nyasu's narration
    What's a "Kikaretara"?
    Aurorus likes this.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!"

I feel bad for Ash not catching that Dunsparce. Normal Dunsparce can barely fly a few feet off the ground while this thing literally flew away as if it was a flying-type. For a pokemon that only showed up for two minutes, it caught my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    So Pansage, Crustle and Stunfisk just don't care about Iris?
    The writers never really had Iris bond with Cilan's pokemon on-screen, so it made sense that they weren't focused on in this episode. Obviously Scraggy cares the most about Axew, while Pikachu and the starter trio have bonded with Iris on separate occasions.

Charizard being worried about Iris when the two had very little screentime together felt strange to me, though. Maybe Charizard misses Dragonite.

Blog Entries

This episode was the most adorable thing ever! It was a nicely put together display of the BW!Trio's close friendship and how a chain of unlucky events can really mess things up. I liked how nobody really was to blame for what happened but both Ash and Iris managed to let things escalate horribly the way they did and for that they needed to apologize to eachother. Because it was quite damn clear they both didn't like the situation, but they didn't know how to quite get out of it either - until Dent, Ash's Pokémon and indirectly Team Rocket lead them to finally do so.

It kinda annoyed me, however, that we didn't get to see Iris' POV in this quarrel quite like we did with Ash, who clearly displayed how worried and sad he was about the whole situation, by not being so talkative with Cilan, slept up in a tree because that's what Iris always does (not to forget the bit where he stared at the rain without saying a word at first) and then have a quick flashback montage thing about how much of a dear friend Iris actually is to him.
    Technically, we only really saw Iris be angry and leave and that's that. I wanted to see what she exactly thought and felt about the situation, other than not being able to sleep and pretend nothing's wrong towards Axew T_T But it's rare for us to see this side of Ash, so I'm content with what we got. I guess her small blushes when Ash first tried to make up and later when they both finally apologized could work too, though. That girl's just really secretive about what she feels! In-character of her, I suppose, but still!

Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post

I really, really loved Ash's Pokémon in this episode. Not only were they worried about Iris too and couldn't eat at first without Iris and Axew (though it's somewhat strange Charizard was outside too, lol), but they also pushed Ash to go towards her so they can reconcile. And not to mention Iris/Ash telling Cilan to shut up and Ash/Cilan laughing together at Iris.
    Pignite is a real bro. A real bro saves his big bro's tail from the rain. Man, I just keep loving Pignite more and more as episodes progress.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    So Satoshi decides to let his Pokemon sleep outside for the night, but then it starts raining and instead of putting them back in their Poke Balls where they'll be warm (he could easily let them out the following night instead) he lets them get wet and cold... including Lizardon! What if its tail flame happened to go out? That would have been a dark turn for sure.

Still, it was nice that the writers (or at least, the animators) are remembering that Lizardon and Chaoboo are friends by letting them stand together all the time. Pity they've forgotten the Zuruggu/Kibago pairing it seems.

Also, was nice to see Zuruggu again after six freakin' months.
    Lizardon isn't a candle. It's flames don't go off if it's blown by the wind or drenched under the rain. The flame comes form inside it's body. If the flames turn off, then it means Lizardon is dead. The vice-versa isn't true.

But if you say canon tells otherwise, then screw canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Who knew that the Ash x main girl ship with the smallest shipping fandom would get one of the shippiest episodes? What a time to be alive, I can die happy now ;w;

This was a great episode. I really like how quickly Ash assumed responsibility for his actions and how eager he was to make it up to Iris; offering her a "peace apple" and everything. I kinda expected him to be kinda sour at her for a while, but I guess he's grown out of that. (of course, he's still a kodomo and so is Iris, so the reactions were pretty volatile :P)

Probably my favorite part was when Ash opted to sleep in the trees during the rain that night, with no explanation (I think Cilan might have theorized one but what does he know I forgot what he said XD either way, it was for Iris's sake). He really cares...those flashbacks they showed really showcased how much fun they had together :')

Also, Ash gave a girl a flower (that wasn't his mom for once). Let that sink in for a minute. Just close your eyes, take a deep breath...yeah, that's it.
    Agreed. Is this the first time Ash gave a flower to a girl? Let's celebrate this event people. I am not sure what the general opinion about Da! in here is, (I seldom stalk bmgf:P), but I will say the Butterfree and this episode are one of my favorite ones. Da! maybe filled with fillers, but it's at least entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    We know Dent is stalking Ash out of lust. Now we need a real shippy Iris/Dent ep and the OT3 will be complete. But at least Dent got something to do in this ep.
    But I'm surprised to see that Iris's rescuing of Ash in the third episode of BW seemingly wasn't even mentioned.

I loved Nyasu's dramatic freeze and seeing Musashi react to it. I'd have liked to see this episode's conflict be resolved without TR getting involved, but then again, watching them perform their gorgeous motto is a fair trade-off.

I was wondering why we didn't get an episode like this earlier in the saga. But quite a few things worked better because of this: seeing Ash subconsciously lay out three plates for dinner, and Ash's team trying to get him to talk to her.
    LOL. The real reason Ash let his Pokemon outside the balls was to protect himself from Dento. See that? Only Ash had his Pokemon outside and he was sleeping on the tree instead of sleeping by the tree. Yes, I don't need more proof.

CafeMocha is canon, or at least on Cilan's side.. Yay for BW's most canonship. :P:P

This episode would have been more appropriate in the middle of BW. I thought this episode was a bit forced plot wise, but ah it was at least good.

Is it just me or did Megumi Hayashibara as Musashi sound different than usual in this episode?
    Last edited by dracoflare; 20th June 2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Bubble Frog and martianmister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Iris didn't leave and no one caught the Dunsparce. No surprises there.

Quote Originally Posted by valzz View Post
    Omg the "Pikachu to kikaretara" was the best scene xD next the Nyasu's narration
    What's a "Kikaretara"?
    It means "if you asked us." It's the beginning of Team Rocket's motto.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Watched the episode properly and, yeah, the Zuruggu/Kibago friendship was referenced, so my bad there.

Blog Entries

DUNSPARCE FLYING WAS JUST FREAKING HILARIOUS TO ME AND THE APPLES WAS JUST TOO GREAT GOOD FILLER EPISODE TO ME AND MY OPINION HERE.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    The Rocket trio was the only thing that made this snoozefest of an episode watchable.
    Mhm-hm, yeah. You keep telling yourself that.

I really don't see how anything they did in the episode alone made it watchable. It was just the same thing as ever, with the exception for Meowth's little freeze scene. Funny, yeah sure, but hardly able to compare with the rest of the episode. Not to mention that I didn't even see it when I first watched the episode since keyhole was lagging.
    This episode was an absolute chore to watch. Oh no, a terrible misunderstanding causes Iris to get disproportionately angry! And now they're trying to make up...but whoops! Another misunderstanding! Watching ten year olds squabble over the most petty shit is entertaining!!

I remember getting to the halfway point of the episode and thinking "Already!? But nothing's happened yet!"

The Rocket trio provided the only breather from this squabbling and they're the only parts of the episode that weren't trying to shove the tired "friendship is awesome!" message down our throats. Sure, them being blasted off at the end was predictable, but you know what? So was every other damn part of this episode.
    Shinneth, G50, Sakuraa and 1 others like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Oh no, a terrible misunderstanding causes Iris to get disproportionately angry! And now they're trying to make up...but whoops! Another misunderstanding! Watching ten year olds squabble over the most petty shit is entertaining!!
    How often is it really that we actually have episodes which consist of main cast members arguing? I'd rather see them disagree with one another from time to time than actually being friends all the time. The fact that they're ten year olds don't hinder them from being entertaining

I remember getting to the halfway point of the episode and thinking "Already!? But nothing's happened yet!"
    So specify, what were you hoping for to happen more than that which did occur in the first half of the episode?

The Rocket trio provided the only breather from this squabbling and they're the only parts of the episode that weren't trying to shove the tired "friendship is awesome!" message down our throats.
    Ash and Iris's quarrel only remained throughout the first half of the episode. They were naturally still not friends in the second half, but they were not arguing. That half did pretty much consist of them reflecting over their previous actions and did actually show both of them being regretful and miss the other person, which in fact is something that we haven't seen before. If anything should that be able to work as your ''breather'' if you got tired over their arguments.

Sure, them being blasted off at the end was predictable, but you know what? So was every other damn part of this episode.
    Oh please, nearly everything in the anime is rather predictable, but that's not what it's about. It's more a question of each episode's execution. We all knew how this episode was going to turn out because it's a concept which has been used before with both May and Dawn. That doesn't, however, change the fact that the episode still can be enjoyable depending on how it'll be executed. The episode where Ash and Dawn were fighting had lots in common with the Ash and May episode, but this episode on other hand had nearly nothing in common with its predecessors than the mere fact that Ash was once again fighting with the female cast member. It wasn't even an episode created for the sake of humour which the two previous episodes were all about, so even though it to some parts were predictable it still was handled very well.

TR are however always predictable and their role in the episode is just the same as in all the others.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

It as just TOO Obvious that Ash was NOT Going to Catch the Dunsparce but it would have been cool I Think.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

This was a pretty good episode, didn't expect to see it told from Dento's perspective. He was really likable this episode and I feel like his moments of insight added some more to it. Human interaction episodes are a dime a dozen so it's nice to see them more often, especially not mainly centralized around Pokemon but people. What I mainly liked about this episode was seeing the ten-year-olds actually act like ten-year-olds. I feel like we don't get those small moments of realism from them as much as we should. It was quite dialogue-heavy in some areas as well so that's part of the main enjoyment of it all too. Kibago was even more adorable in this episode than he usually is, picking flowers for Iris like some young child would do so for their mother, his saddened state while him and Iris are alone and even when he saved Zuruggu and Pikachu from Team Rocket. I never took Nokocchi as being one to fly, the wings are so minuscule.

As for the fallout scenes, I thought they were all well done. The yelling at Kibago for running into Pikachu while startled by Screech and the aftermath of it all. It truly did impact Iris and we saw her in a moment of weakness get upset and isolate herself from the boys. Her Kibago is essentially a chink in her armor or her Achilles heel so it's like a direct attack against her ego to blame him. Satoshi trying to make amends via apples was actually a sweet scene, the backfiring of it and it being the straw that broke the camel's back when he started laughing at her because she got a bad apple was great. Satoshi simply laughing at her misfortune is refreshing, we don't get enough scenes of him acting like an actual kid. The boys taking a bite from her apple after she walked off was amusing, indirect kiss between the BW trio?

Satoshi's Pokemon were amazing here as well, they've all bonded and had their moments with Iris and her Pokemon so you can naturally feel their disheartening feelings with her being gone even for a little while. Waiting out in the rain and refusing to go back into their balls was a very noble scene, I also like how Chaobu was letting himself get wet while keeping the others dry. I've been wanting to see Zuruggu for a while so it was nice to see him get some focus in this episode, given his connection to Kibago as a brother-like figure. Tsutarja was her usual cool and calm self this episode waking Satoshi up like that and encouraging him to find and apologize to Iris, along with all the other Pokemon joining in was easily my favorite scene of the episode. It's all even a nice callback to the fact Iris was friendless in her early youth at Soryuu Academy.

Satoshi and Iris's reflections on their actions was a nice way of reinstating how much the two have become friends since they've started traveling together. Satoshi accidentally setting a place for their absent third member and how use he is to her. Best scene for him was easily climbing the tree and choosing to sleep there for the night, emulating Iris's way of sleeping and feeling bad about their parting. Even the flashbacks to all their moments like vine-swinging or the Tachiwaki gym battle against Homika were commendable in their own right.

Team Rocket, I wish they weren't in this episode at all to be honest. There's no reason for their small moment of conflict in a human/human interaction episode like this, it wasn't even centered around Tag Battling like the last two fight episodes. I felt like the resolution was way too quick with Kibago and Pikachu sending TR sky-high and should have been done better, shame more couldn't be done. At least TR's motto is cool, but it was just more of their usual minimalist, predictable actions. Seeing Iris put aside her feelings and save the boys like that was an admirable scene.

The final scene with them exchanging flowers and apples and forgiving each other, I really liked it, I'm not a NegaiShipper but I really liked that moment and this whole episode. I never thought I would see the day where Satoshi would give a girl a flower. The two definitely have the most rivalry dynamic of all the Satoshi/Pokegirl friendships. They've been portrayed as being equals for the most part most of the series, whether it be a tournament, vine-swinging or even their Pokemon(Kairyu/Lizardon, Kibago/Zuruggu, Tsutarja/Emonga, Pikachu/Doryuzu), their friendship is pretty enjoyable. I noticed a severe lack of background music in this episode, it keeps the tension on-point better by not having it so I can see why was excluded. Think I only remember four or five tracks, I'm sure the dub will *fix* that unfortunately.

All in all a good episode, Da! has pulled out two very good episodes in a row. Let's go for a third with the Jirachi episode next week. TR were as tiring as usual, but I'm getting better at ignoring them.

Only thing I really want now is an Iris/Dento interaction episode.

EDIT:Iris blushed at Satoshi's first peace offering, wow didn't notice that at first.

Last edited by Bubble Frog; 20th June 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Not a bad episode really, if I had been more on board with the Ash/Iris dynamic I might have enjoyed this episode more than I actually did, and would have found all the silly drama more believable. Their dynamic really has been kinda meh throughout BW. Still, it was fun to see Ash actually piss Iris off for a change I suppose. About time. Scraggy,and Snivy were good as always tho.
    Last edited by Masurao; 20th June 2013 at 07:14 PM.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
    Indirect kiss between the BW trio?
    I was going to say that but they bited it on different points :c
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
    Indirect kiss between the BW trio?
    I was going to say that but they bited it on different points :c
    Still the same fruit.
    martianmister and Bubble Frog like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Satoshi:LET ME LOVE YOU!!!111
    Nokocchi:lol, nope.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast