REVIEW: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!"

I am also Steve Smith! Toxsa Dalton's Avatar

Default Re: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!"

I cried a little bit... I'm so adding that post to the episode that made me tear up.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Default Re: BW131 "Satoshi and Iris's Severed Relationship!? The Path of Separation!!"

This episode was okay for me. Though Iris getting upset over Ash accidentally falling on her flowers was kinda of stupid imo. I know it was the plot device, but it was really kind of dumb. I mean, she could have just gone and got some more instead of whining about it and acting like it was the end of the world. But whatever. Though I did like that we finally saw Scraggy again and that he actually noticed that Axew and Iris weren't present during dinner and went out to look for them.

Ash keeping his Pokemon out in the rain, especially Charizard and Pignite seemed a bit strange. And Cilan's Pokémon didn't really do anything major in this episode, so that was disappointing. Overall I'll give it a 6/10.

Blog Entries

Ugh... Well, unfortunately I kinda missed a little more than the first half of the episode since internet decided to be a bitch, but from that which I saw it did seem to be a really good episode!

Even though I'm not a negaishipper wishful all the way, I must say that I really appreciated the somewhat shipping scenes for them. I mean, they both actually looked to be genuinly concerned for each other, and so did their Pokémon. All of Ash's Pokémon stayed out in the rain as they all were worried for Iris and Axew, and that was understandable as all the starters have built a bond with her in previous episodes while Scraggy is Axew's best friend, and Pikachu is close to both Iris and Axew. Admittedly Charizard's presence did feel kinda awkward, though I was fine with it. Then Ash himself even climbed up in a tree, where Iris usually sleeps, and seemed to be truly regretful over his actions. Iris seemed to be in the same position, even though she forced herself to try and be happy for the sake of Axew. Ugh, I just really loved the fact how Ash FINALLY actually showed some real genuine concern for one of his traveling companions, it truly showed that he really missed Iris. That was just adorable. I love them both so much <3

However, what I didn't like was the somewhat ''rushed'' resolution. TR appeared, sucked as always, and the way Iris and Ash made up was very predictable and rather boring too, since I had hoped for slightly more to happen than just Dragon Rage on the balloon and the Thunderbolt to blast them away. That was kinda meh. Granted I didn't see all that clearly as to what happened due to keyhole lagging.

The ending was ADORABLE. Both of them apologizing was appreciated, I can imagine that being extremely hard for Iris due to her pride, but she did still manage to push herself into apologizing as she probably didn't want to fight with Ash any longer. Then we had the exchange of flower and apple, omg. That was just... omg.

So yeah, from that which I saw (with the exception for TR appearing) I really loved this episode, though I'm gonna watch the first half of the episode too before I make a real judgement. Regardless, DA! is on a roll now.
    QuietDragon likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    So Satoshi decides to let his Pokemon sleep outside for the night, but then it starts raining and instead of putting them back in their Poke Balls where they'll be warm (he could easily let them out the following night instead) he lets them get wet and cold... including Lizardon! What if its tail flame happened to go out? That would have been a dark turn for sure.

Still, it was nice that the writers (or at least, the animators) are remembering that Lizardon and Chaoboo are friends by letting them stand together all the time. Pity they've forgotten the Zuruggu/Kibago pairing it seems.

Also, was nice to see Zuruggu again after six freakin' months.
    Do you know what should be even nicer? To see Palpitoad again.
    Gabo 2oo and Guy_Spy like this.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

I might have found this episode to be touching if i didn't think that Iris could have been nicer to Ash at the beginning. Her "Little Kid" comments still prevent me from completely liking her, so it's hard for me to actually sympathize with her. Which I admit is a little odd, because, looking back, whenever Ash showed concern for Misty, his past discretions with her didn't seem like that big of a problem for me.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet
    TR appeared, sucked as always
    The Rocket trio was the only thing that made this snoozefest of an episode watchable.

I loved the part where Nyasu starts to narrate what happens and Musashi and Kojirou are just like "um...what are you doing?"
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I loved the part where Nyasu starts to narrate what happens and Musashi and Kojirou are just like "um...what are you doing?"
    Yes, that was hilarious!

I quite liked this episode on the whole but I do wish we saw more of Nokotcchi ;__;

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I loved that part with Meowth and agree that it was awesome when Meowth started to narrate events from their point of view, though I'm far from thinking they "saved" this episode, it had plenty of enjoyable things, at least for us who liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I quite liked this episode on the whole but I do wish we saw more of Nokotcchi ;__;
    Agreed, hopefully this is another Gible situation and Ash gets Dunsparce later.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

We know Dent is stalking Ash out of lust. Now we need a real shippy Iris/Dent ep and the OT3 will be complete. But at least Dent got something to do in this ep.
    But I'm surprised to see that Iris's rescuing of Ash in the third episode of BW seemingly wasn't even mentioned.

I loved Nyasu's dramatic freeze and seeing Musashi react to it. I'd have liked to see this episode's conflict be resolved without TR getting involved, but then again, watching them perform their gorgeous motto is a fair trade-off.

I was wondering why we didn't get an episode like this earlier in the saga. But quite a few things worked better because of this: seeing Ash subconsciously lay out three plates for dinner, and Ash's team trying to get him to talk to her.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Given Dunsparce's "real-life basis", I definitely think we might see it randomly pop up in later episodes...don't forget it's hidden in the middle of the flower scene in the OP as well, rather tantalizingly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Though Iris getting upset over Ash accidentally falling on her flowers was kinda of stupid imo. I know it was the plot device, but it was really kind of dumb. I mean, she could have just gone and got some more instead of whining about it and acting like it was the end of the world.
    Those flowers were something that Axew had picked for her, that's why they were so precious to her. At first, when the flowers were destroyed, she just seemed to be sad. Once Ash got mad at her and started yelling for Axew bumping into Pikachu, that's when she got really upset, which was perfectly understandable since he had destroyed the flowers which Axew had picked. Axew even seemed to be sad about them being destroyed. Both of the incidents were accidents of course, and neither Ash och Axew could be held responsible what happened really.

And Cilan's Pokémon didn't really do anything major in this episode, so that was disappointing.
    Why should they? This episode was about Ash and Iris, after all.

The Rocket trio was the only thing that made this snoozefest of an episode watchable.
    Mhm-hm, yeah. You keep telling yourself that.

I really don't see how anything they did in the episode alone made it watchable. It was just the same thing as ever, with the exception for Meowth's little freeze scene. Funny, yeah sure, but hardly able to compare with the rest of the episode. Not to mention that I didn't even see it when I first watched the episode since keyhole was lagging.
    Last edited by Chiplet; 20th June 2013 at 10:55 AM.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

In Da!, Team Rocket keeps helping the characters to resolve their problems like they usually did in DP. That's something I like, since even if it was nice to see the writters creating solutions for the characters other than Team Rocket, I still consider the trio main characters as well, even when they barely showed up before Episode N. I couldn't stop laughing at Musashi's "Pikachu to kikaretara" and basically the whole scene since they were so calm before the motto.

The characters interacting with Pokémon that aren't their own, in this case, Dent, is one of the good things in the episode as well. But I'm annoyed about Parker's short appearences. I hope we get another episode featuring him other than at the start or end of the episodes, like the Detective Sommelier one.

Also, I noticed the opening now having wave and logo sound effects. I didn't see that coming, but it was obvious in retrospect.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

That's one of the most hilarious things in all of BW.

I liked the episode in general, though. Sometimes, it's nice to see Satoshi and Iris actually acting their age, they're usually more mature (stupid, but mature).
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

That's the way it is Tepig in a BBQ's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...Atleast Dent and Nyasu's narrations were amusing!

Omg the "Pikachu to kikaretara" was the best scene xD next the Nyasu's narration
    Satoshi_Pikachu, Moe, Aeon and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast