REVIEW: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!" - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

  1. #46
    Registered User Gabo 2oo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    308
    Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    So why didn't Satoshi send out his Lizardon to help him chase the Rocket trio?

    Y'know, if this was boring Best Wishes! Rocket trio, they would have been applauded for being so villainous and actually trying to kill the protagonist by jumping on Satoshi's head until he fell off their hot air balloon. But here? No one seems to care. I find that very interesting.

    Finally, it must be nice for Satoshi and his friends to have the luxury of just dropping whatever the hell it is they're doing for a week to help some random pokemon.
    Well, there is no indication that Satoshi-tachi brought their Pokémon with them the day the went to train with Trancell, I think they didn't bother since they were hosting in the near Pokémon Center during that time and they were training with methods other than battling. Satoshi has usually dropped whatever he is planning to do to help random Pokémon and people, so I don't see anything new here aside that they pretty much have a lot of free time and it's not that they were planning on something else (unless it was implied in the dialogues that I didn't understand).
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

  2. #47
    メイの大切な彼氏 FANG-TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    マサラタウン
    Posts
    893
    Blog Entries
    71
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    That was ages ago in Kanto, and I'm not sure if that's from an English dub added line or the Japanese dub.
    The line was present in both versions. They also mention "experience points" a couple of more times later in Kanto.

    Then again, it may have been a stupid way to refer to Pokemon gaining experience through battle rather than directly referring to numbered levels like EP009.
    HumanDawn likes this.

    ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

  3. #48
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    I thought the episode was good. Yet, it didn't leave the same impact on me as when Satoshi/Ash parted with his own Butterfree. Still, I have a really big soft spot for these kinds of episodes. People always say Charizard was the best and stuff, but Butterfree was the Pokémon I felt Ash was really attached to as it was the first one he caught and raised. Therefore, I felt their parting was more touching and memorable myself.

    What am I saying? Anyway, I liked the episode when I saw it. It was cool to see Caterpie again and all of its stages of evolution. I was really sad when Satoshi/Ash said that he would meet his own Butterfree again one day. :')

    8/10
    Slkitzle likes this.

  4. #49
    Registered User Gabo 2oo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    308
    Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I was really sad when Satoshi/Ash said that he would meet his own Butterfree again one day. :')
    Did he said that he was going to meet his own Butterfree someday? I assumed he was making the same promise to this episode's Butterfree instead, but I don't know.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

  5. #50
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I was really sad when Satoshi/Ash said that he would meet his own Butterfree again one day. :')
    Did he said that he was going to meet his own Butterfree someday? I assumed he was making the same promise to this episode's Butterfree instead, but I don't know.
    Tbh, I'm not sure myself. I don't recall which, but I'm assuming you're right and it was the latter. I guess I got caught up in seeing a reference to Ash's Butterfree again too much to notice. XD.
    Gabo 2oo likes this.

  6. #51
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,831
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo[/QUOTE
    Well, there is no indication that Satoshi-tachi brought their Pokémon with them the day the went to train with Trancell, I think they didn't bother since they were hosting in the near Pokémon Center during that time and they were training with methods other than battling.
    They usually make it a point to say when our heroes don't have their Monster Balls on them. There wasn't any shot of the Monster Balls sitting in a bedroom or of Satoshi checking his empty pockets in this episode.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  7. #52
    Registered User Red of Pallet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    I was sad because I thought ash's Butterfree was going to be in it for just the episode, but it wasn't.....
    Aurorus likes this.

  8. #53
    Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    216
    Blog Entries
    3

    Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Guess I pretty much agree most of people here, this episode was really good.
    AND DAMN SATOSHI DON'T CRY I'M STARTING TO CRY TOO Seriously, I nearly teared up when Satoshi was there and crying after Butterfree..and FYI, the original Bye bye Butterfree didn't make me cry.
    The animation wasn't nearly that bad as expected, actually I would like to see this guy animating more episode in the future...

    But we all have to agree that that's just plain ugly XD

  9. #54
    Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Blog Entries
    4

    Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I was really sad when Satoshi/Ash said that he would meet his own Butterfree again one day. :')
    Did he said that he was going to meet his own Butterfree someday? I assumed he was making the same promise to this episode's Butterfree instead, but I don't know.
    I think the interpretation is left to the viewer. I don't think Ash would cry for a Butterfree that he already knew he was parting. In the original Bye Bye Butterfree both Pikachu and Ash cry, even Misty and Brock were more than moved...but here only Ash did, Pikachu was simply giving bye bye (when he cried a lot when the original Butterfree left) and Iris was surprised when Ash cried because the reaction was stronger than what one could give for a Caterpie he just bonded with. Why did he cry? Because the events triggered his memory on how he parted with his original Butterfree in a similar way.

    But this is just my interpretation. One can easily disagree with me. However I am pretty convinced on this matter, so I won't bother listening to your point lol.

  10. #55
    Registered User Gabo 2oo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    308
    Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I was really sad when Satoshi/Ash said that he would meet his own Butterfree again one day. :')
    Did he said that he was going to meet his own Butterfree someday? I assumed he was making the same promise to this episode's Butterfree instead, but I don't know.
    I think the interpretation is left to the viewer. I don't think Ash would cry for a Butterfree that he already knew he was parting. In the original Bye Bye Butterfree both Pikachu and Ash cry, even Misty and Brock were more than moved...but here only Ash did, Pikachu was simply giving bye bye (when he cried a lot when the original Butterfree left) and Iris was surprised when Ash cried because the reaction was stronger than what one could give for a Caterpie he just bonded with. Why did he cry? Because the events triggered his memory on how he parted with his original Butterfree in a similar way.

    But this is just my interpretation. One can easily disagree with me. However I am pretty convinced on this matter, so I won't bother listening to your point lol.
    The interpretations the viewers can make is the reason why Ash was crying so much, and I'm also convinced that it's because he is attached to the species and the events reminded him of his very first Pokémon ever, since Ash doesn't cry when he leaves every other wild Pokémon he has bonded with, like Cottonee. But it's still possible that Ash, in tears, promised this Butterfree to see it again, all while he was thinking in its own one as well.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

  11. #56
    Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Blog Entries
    4

    Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I was really sad when Satoshi/Ash said that he would meet his own Butterfree again one day. :')
    Did he said that he was going to meet his own Butterfree someday? I assumed he was making the same promise to this episode's Butterfree instead, but I don't know.
    I think the interpretation is left to the viewer. I don't think Ash would cry for a Butterfree that he already knew he was parting. In the original Bye Bye Butterfree both Pikachu and Ash cry, even Misty and Brock were more than moved...but here only Ash did, Pikachu was simply giving bye bye (when he cried a lot when the original Butterfree left) and Iris was surprised when Ash cried because the reaction was stronger than what one could give for a Caterpie he just bonded with. Why did he cry? Because the events triggered his memory on how he parted with his original Butterfree in a similar way.

    But this is just my interpretation. One can easily disagree with me. However I am pretty convinced on this matter, so I won't bother listening to your point lol.
    The interpretations the viewers can make is the reason why Ash was crying so much, and I'm also convinced that it's because he is attached to the species and the events reminded him of his very first Pokémon ever, since Ash doesn't cry when he leaves every other wild Pokémon he has bonded with, like Cottonee. But it's still possible that Ash, in tears, promised this Butterfree to see it again, all while he was thinking in its own one as well.
    Well yes, the promise was this Butterfree, but at the same it is also for the distant Butterfree. It's pretty rare to see a few depths in Pokemon isn't it?

  12. #57
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I was really sad when Satoshi/Ash said that he would meet his own Butterfree again one day. :')
    Did he said that he was going to meet his own Butterfree someday? I assumed he was making the same promise to this episode's Butterfree instead, but I don't know.
    I think the interpretation is left to the viewer. I don't think Ash would cry for a Butterfree that he already knew he was parting. In the original Bye Bye Butterfree both Pikachu and Ash cry, even Misty and Brock were more than moved...but here only Ash did, Pikachu was simply giving bye bye (when he cried a lot when the original Butterfree left) and Iris was surprised when Ash cried because the reaction was stronger than what one could give for a Caterpie he just bonded with. Why did he cry? Because the events triggered his memory on how he parted with his original Butterfree in a similar way.

    But this is just my interpretation. One can easily disagree with me. However I am pretty convinced on this matter, so I won't bother listening to your point lol.
    The interpretations the viewers can make is the reason why Ash was crying so much, and I'm also convinced that it's because he is attached to the species and the events reminded him of his very first Pokémon ever, since Ash doesn't cry when he leaves every other wild Pokémon he has bonded with, like Cottonee. But it's still possible that Ash, in tears, promised this Butterfree to see it again, all while he was thinking in its own one as well.
    Well yes, the promise was this Butterfree, but at the same it is also for the distant Butterfree. It's pretty rare to see a few depths in Pokemon isn't it?
    Yeah: it's moments like this that I really like the most in the series.

  13. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

    The last scene was nice. It felt like suddenly Satoshi was back to the time he was seeing -his- Butterfree's departure again.

    But overall I can't help but complain about one thing... There was so much "quality" in this episode I was often distracted by them. It's unbelievable they're even allowed to air such a thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •