REVIEW: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW130 "Satoshi and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!"

Oh God this episode was awesome. One of my favourites of the BW series so far, even if I was very annoyed that Satoshi's Butterfree wasn't going to appear and predisposed that I wasn't going to like it. But there is actually no thing that I didn't liked about this episode except that the flashbacks may have been a little longer.

The animation wasn't so terrible as it seemed by the previews, Musashi and Kojiro were weirdly drawn, but the other comical scenes combined with the animation were pretty good, and it was a long time without seeing Satoshi providing this amount of comical scenes, along with Team Rocket making up a plan so simple like they used to do long, long ago. A Trancell with actual personality is a plus.

I'm not a very nostalgic person when it comes to Pokémon, but I almost cried not only at the end, but specially when I heard a bit of the Tabidachi (Set off) music playing in the background, not sure why. Also, it was nice to see Satoshi crying again since for me he has looked like a personality-less character several times in the BW series. In my opinion, the episode was so great that I completely forgot how bad I felt when I learnt that his own Butterfree wasn't going to appear.

The anime staff managed to prevent themselves from ending an episode with their typical sunset scene that they are so fixated with.
    Last edited by Gabo 2oo; 13th June 2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: I try to use Japanese names when talking about the Japansese episode, but I'm not very accustomed to that.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    It's funny how Ash can evolve a wild caterpie twice in one episode, but it takes him 75 for Tepig and has yet to evolve snivy in over 100.
    Someone give this guy a reward!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa
    I also found Ash being that sad a bit much since he only knew that Caterpie for a day as opposed to other Pokémon he released where he didn't even cry.
    After Caterpie evolves into Trancell, our heroes find out from Joi that the next group of Butterfree will be coming by in a week. So they were on that island for at least that long.
    A week doesn't matter if you're immortal like Ash is.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    It's funny how Ash can evolve a wild caterpie twice in one episode, but it takes him 75 for Tepig and has yet to evolve snivy in over 100.

Despite the fact that Caterpie and Bug-type Pokemon who are similar to it have been said to evolve faster?

This episode seems all right. It was a nice surprise to see Hahakomori again after so long, I didn't think we would until Satoshi got back to Okido's.

One of my favorite episodes, funny enough even though these Kanto flashbacks seem to be episodes to gain more ratings due to BW series loss I've been loving them. Also, loved Ash getting all emotional and he has the worst luck ever! Running into a tree to catch a Pokemon? Ouch, give the guy a break manXD
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Just watched the final scene of this episode... does anyone remember the last time that Satoshi's hat cast a shadow over his eyes to signify he was upset? Was nice to see again.
    Gabo 2oo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Just watched the final scene of this episode... does anyone remember the last time that Satoshi's hat cast a shadow over his eyes to signify he was upset? Was nice to see again.
    I wanna say the last time was way, way, back in DP061....when Ash saw how upset Dawn was when she lost.....oh god I know by memory....

...I'm totally gonna die alone.

I liked the episode. Originally, I was kinda bummed when it seemed that it'd just be flashbacks of Butterfree, but it turned out to be a cute episode, so I don't mind.

And to those complaining about Satoshi evolving it so quickly, didn't his Caterpie evolve into Butterfree in like 2 episodes? And he had only just become a trainer back then.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    I liked the episode. Originally, I was kinda bummed when it seemed that it'd just be flashbacks of Butterfree, but it turned out to be a cute episode, so I don't mind.

And to those complaining about Satoshi evolving it so quickly, didn't his Caterpie evolve into Butterfree in like 2 episodes? And he had only just become a trainer back then.
    Bug-types have always evolved fast in the show, and this isn't even the first time a Caterpie has evolved all the way into Butterfree within an episode... hell, this episode took place over a week while the last time had Caterpie evolving twice in less than an hour.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

Despite the fact that Caterpie and Bug-type Pokemon who are similar to it have been said to evolve faster?
    True but still the point still stands that this is not the FIRST time for example The Problem with Paras. Yes, it is a Grass/BUG type but also remember it doesn't evolve to its final form at level 10 like a Butterfree it evolves at level 24 if I'm not mistaken. This happened in one episode and all because of fake battles from Pikachu, Weezing, Arbok and Meowth and the only legit win was stabbing Charmeleon's chest when it was about to use a Flamethrower and BAM it evolves!

How about Cheryl's Burmy evolving into Mothim in ONE episode and that was a freshly caught Pokemon.

In early Hoenn, the Nurse Joy's Torchic that evolved into Combusken in one episode and that was a starter Pokemon. The only "legit" reasoning I can think of was that it beat some of Ash's Pokemon I think it was Corphish and being experienced Pokemon I guess the Ex. Points from them fueled it to level 16 haha

And there are a few more. Even Max helped a Poochyena evolve teaching it to use Bite in one episode!

So, its not just Bug type who usually get a speedy evolution in a single episode while its takes 70+ episodes for one of the main characters Pokemon in the series. What gets me is when a 1st stage Pokemon like Chimchar or Snivy defeats a fully evolved Pokemon like Metagross, Abamosnow or something like that and it does not evolved after the battle.
    Hoopa likes this.

Blog Entries

True but still the point still stands that this is not the FIRST time for example The Problem with Paras. Yes, it is a Grass/BUG type but also remember it doesn't evolve to its final form at level 10 like a Butterfree it evolves at level 24 if I'm not mistaken.
    Levels don't really count.

This happened in one episode and all because of fake battles from Pikachu, Weezing, Arbok and Meowth and the only legit win was stabbing Charmeleon's chest when it was about to use a Flamethrower and BAM it evolves!
    Maybe it already had a good amount of strength beforehand, and they're different Pokemon anyway.

How about Cheryl's Burmy evolving into Mothim in ONE episode and that was a freshly caught Pokemon.
    Being freshly caught doesn't matter. If it has a good amount of strength beforehand that is enough for it to evolve, then it can evolve.

In early Hoenn, the Nurse Joy's Torchic that evolved into Combusken in one episode and that was a starter Pokemon. The only "legit" reasoning I can think of was that it beat some of Ash's Pokemon I think it was Corphish and being experienced Pokemon I guess the Ex. Points from them fueled it to level 16 haha
    Levels don't matter, and maybe the starter Torchic was just a bit more stronger than usual due to its nature. Or bad writing.

And there are a few more. Even Max helped a Poochyena evolve teaching it to use Bite in one episode!
    Which I'm sure already had strength beforehand and was close to evolving anyway.

So, its not just Bug type who usually get a speedy evolution in a single episode while its takes 70+ episodes for one of the main characters Pokemon in the series. What gets me is when a 1st stage Pokemon like Chimchar or Snivy defeats a fully evolved Pokemon like Metagross, Abamosnow or something like that and it does not evolved after the battle.
    Hey, this is the anime. It's definitely different from the games, and it all really depends on the plot.

Blog Entries

True but still the point still stands that this is not the FIRST time for example The Problem with Paras. Yes, it is a Grass/BUG type but also remember it doesn't evolve to its final form at level 10 like a Butterfree it evolves at level 24 if I'm not mistaken.

This happened in one episode and all because of fake battles from Pikachu, Weezing, Arbok and Meowth and the only legit win was stabbing Charmeleon's chest when it was about to use a Flamethrower and BAM it evolves!
    Maybe it already had a good amount of strength beforehand, and they're different Pokemon anyway.

Being freshly caught doesn't matter. If it has a good amount of strength beforehand that is enough for it to evolve, then it can evolve.

Levels don't matter, and maybe the starter Torchic was just a bit more stronger than usual due to its nature. Or bad writing.

Which I'm sure already had strength beforehand and was close to evolving anyway.

Hey, this is the anime. It's definitely different from the games, and it all really depends on the plot.
    The whole levels don't count thing is used loosely especially with Brock explaining in detail "A Bite To Remember" about the different ways of evolution considering the level of a Pokemon helps to determine when they evolve, in "Dig Those Digletts" Jessie reads a book about how the more experience points a Pokemon gains the closer it is to evolving.

That was cowardly Paris and by the way it reacted by being hit with a tiny Water Gun and Thundershock it fainted on contact. So, I doubt it had many experience points at all.

Plot seems to conquer all but still it really isn't clear which one of us has the correct answer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3673_340072016095648_1894459230_n.png  
    Last edited by Paulisthebest; 14th June 2013 at 05:52 AM.

Blog Entries

The whole levels don't count thing is used loosely especially with Brock explaining in detail "A Bite To Remember" about the different ways of evolution considering the level of a Pokemon helps to determine when they evolve, in "Dig Those Digletts" Jessie reads a book about how the more experience points a Pokemon gains the closer it is to evolving.

That was cowardly Paris and by the way it reacted by being hit with a tiny Water Gun and Thundershock it fainted on contact. So, I doubt it had many experience points at all.

Plot seems to conquer all but still it really isn't clear which one of us has the correct answer.
    That was ages ago in Kanto, and I'm not sure if that's from an English dub added line or the Japanese dub.

It just really depends on the plot of an episode, and in a filler like the Paras episode, some exceptions are made.

This episode met and exceeded my expectations. Not only was it absolutely adorable, but it was also extremely entertaining and I loved every minute of it.
    But, more importantly- has anyone made a gif of Ash slamming into that tree yet?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast