REVIEW: BW128 " Rotom VS Dr. Okido!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: BW128 " Rotom VS Dr. Okido!"

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW128 " Rotom VS Dr. Okido!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    It's a shame that we have to wonder how an English dubber will "deal with" Japanese text in the year 2013.
    And if I can recall correct,I thought PUSA/TPCI does'nt really alter the text anymore, and when they do, it's pretty rare. (like that sinnoh now thing and the route paint edit from the 1st DP episode.)
    -------
    Most likely I think the live caster will still be in the show when it hits the English dub.

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    And if I can recall correct,I thought PUSA/TPCI does'nt really alter the text anymore, and when they do, it's pretty rare. (like that sinnoh now thing and the route paint edit from the 1st DP episode.)
    The Route 201 episode was a necessary (and actually pretty nicely done) paint edit The 'Sinnoh Now' edit was a small blemish on an otherwise excellent record for TPCi, especially considering it was corrected for the DVD release. They've certainly never done pointless paint edits that exist for no other reason than to show off they can be done (hello, Hoenn Badge Case).

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    It's a shame that we have to wonder how an English dubber will "deal with" Japanese text in the year 2013.
    While they have proven they won't do pointless edits like painting out hieroglyphs, they probably haven't altered the text anymore mainly because there is no text to alter in the first place. Even so, TPCi doesn't seem as hater with Japanese text like 4Kids, and I think that if Japanese text would appear in the background, without any relevance besides atmosphere and ambientation, they wouldn't edit it. However, in this case, I think the Live Caster text is being too focused for them to not translate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotetsu View Post
    I hope the viewers of the international version might edit the "Live Caster" bit. The last time they did it was the Route 201 thing.
    Actually, the last time they did it was in DP070, when they changed a magazine name. On TPCi's defense, I still don't know what "Can" is intended to mean...
    martianmister and PockyAddict like this.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Here is a review I did of the ep :P

http://blip.tv/psychic-waves/pokemon...ro-s-d-6599039

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123