I actually liked this episode very much, moreso than the last two episodes. I wasn't expecting anything truly amazing since this show usually can't set up good conclusions, and you can tell by the penultimate episode how rushed the final product will be. But with what we got, it didn't feel rushed at all.
It was great seeing Team Rocket (Meowth, especially) kick butt, and the scenene where Meowth talks to Ash was really adorable. Pikachu's speed factor was actually accounted for in this ep, for once. And it had a lot of balls to shock Reshiram like that. I may give Pikachu shit for a lot of things, but he was awesome in this episode. Plus, I like how Axew actually did something and the Pokemon giving each other high-touches. This was a great episode for the Pokemon.
Couple things, though
1) I'm with Winnie on the expressions; it's like the animators were struggling to find new emotions for faces that have only done generically evil expressions until now.
2) Ghetsis really felt tacked on in the long run. But then again, that's how he felt in the BW2 games, so hurrah for staying faithful to the game!
3) So why did Brad and Angie randomly hug Ghetsis? (his expression there was actual pretty good - it showed true fear.)
4) I really noticed how lame the Pokemon selection was. We had three dozen Coneldurr, Golurk and Timburr, fine. Okay. But did we need a litter of Liepard, too? Some variety would be nice.
5) Colress's iPad has a lot of pretty colors.
6) I burst out laughing when N looked up at Reshiram near the end of the episode. Oh my God the animators really do hate N.
In the end, I loved it. It was fun, cool, had a lot of tension, and the animation was great (most of the time.) It didn't have the stakes and power that the Galactic finale had, unfortunately. If this climax had just one more episode, then they could have used that time to raise the stakes and made everything feel more epic.