REVIEW: BW122: " Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: BW122: " Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals!!"

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: BW122: " Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals!!"

I actually liked this episode very much, moreso than the last two episodes. I wasn't expecting anything truly amazing since this show usually can't set up good conclusions, and you can tell by the penultimate episode how rushed the final product will be. But with what we got, it didn't feel rushed at all.

It was great seeing Team Rocket (Meowth, especially) kick butt, and the scenene where Meowth talks to Ash was really adorable. Pikachu's speed factor was actually accounted for in this ep, for once. And it had a lot of balls to shock Reshiram like that. I may give Pikachu shit for a lot of things, but he was awesome in this episode. Plus, I like how Axew actually did something and the Pokemon giving each other high-touches. This was a great episode for the Pokemon.

Couple things, though
    1) I'm with Winnie on the expressions; it's like the animators were struggling to find new emotions for faces that have only done generically evil expressions until now.
    2) Ghetsis really felt tacked on in the long run. But then again, that's how he felt in the BW2 games, so hurrah for staying faithful to the game!
    3) So why did Brad and Angie randomly hug Ghetsis? (his expression there was actual pretty good - it showed true fear.)
    4) I really noticed how lame the Pokemon selection was. We had three dozen Coneldurr, Golurk and Timburr, fine. Okay. But did we need a litter of Liepard, too? Some variety would be nice.
    5) Colress's iPad has a lot of pretty colors.
    6) I burst out laughing when N looked up at Reshiram near the end of the episode. Oh my God the animators really do hate N.

In the end, I loved it. It was fun, cool, had a lot of tension, and the animation was great (most of the time.) It didn't have the stakes and power that the Galactic finale had, unfortunately. If this climax had just one more episode, then they could have used that time to raise the stakes and made everything feel more epic.
    Yoshi-san, Yato and martianmister like this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    ...so is the Rocket trio back to normal now? I'm too afraid to get my hopes up only to have them crushed a few episodes from now.
    Did you see the episode? We got 2 reasonably solid moments of TRio normality (not to mention Nyasu having a couple more of his own) which gives me some hope! Not to mention the preview that was released today has this gem:

But I guess you can't count on anything yet

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I saw the episode. But I also saw the Arti gym episode, and how it seemed like they were back to normal back then as well. And we all know how that turned out :(

So where was Reshiram during the entire middle part of the episode?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

What I'd like to know, looking at the pictures, is how the hell did Pikachu keep shaking off the mind control thing?

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I don't have anything concrete, but I do think it was due to its heroic willpower, or Pikachu was becoming immune from the beam due to already being blasted, and any Pokemon would become immune if it was blasted enough times.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

So...Charizard didn't even fight Reshiram, something the into had hinted at, and worse than that Charizard wasn't even in this episode at all. Well thats dissapointing. But it's even more dissapointing and terrifying to see that Team Rocket might be going back to being comic reliefs again. I desperatley hope they don't. Otherwise I think the rest of this episode was pretty boring for Team Plasma's finale. 4/10.
    ninfiaVI likes this.

This episode (and quite frankly the entire N/Plasma arc for that matter) was unimpressive, but I'm not surprised given the anime's history with the villianous teams.
    Last edited by Risen Chief; 19th April 2013 at 10:15 AM.
    P0KEM0N likes this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

What a disappointing finale to episode n. -_-

On the whole, this was a rather average episode, but I can't say I care much because we've had worse. I was mostly annoyed by most characters being completely useless. In reality, the day was saved by Pikachu and Nyasu, which was... kind of lame. I was expecting something more badass.

But something that was pretty fucking awesome was in-character Rockets! I'm still keeping my expectations low, though...
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    I don't have anything concrete, but I do think it was due to its heroic willpower, or Pikachu was becoming immune from the beam due to already being blasted, and any Pokemon would become immune if it was blasted enough times.
    I took it that as he used Electro Ball and shocked himself he could somehow control his actions.

The episode was pretty awesome and action packed having a satisfying conclusion to Episode N, with every character getting a chance to shine. Reshiram was really epic and N was a very compelling and interesting character in his run. The conversations about Pokemon and humans were interesting and helped make this Team Plasma arc my favorite villain arc.

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    What a disappointing finale to episode n. -_-
    I agree. They never did air the still-postponed two-parter, and there was no mention of the Meteonite at all!
    PockyAddict likes this.

Blog Entries

I am late on this but this was the best Episode I think since the Charizard Episode and this was just good.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This finale had its moments, but not quite as epic as I might have hoped - though still decent, I guess. It more or less met my expectations, so I'm satisfied enough at least.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I just watched it, and I'm probably going to watch it again when I get subtitles, but this episode was really enjoyable nonetheless. All those various facial expressions impressed me (in a hilarious way XDD). Also, the part where Reshiram goes on rampage was pretty cool - showing how Reshiram was really powerful, but yet had even more potential power, according to Colress. Speaking of Colress, he actually gives out the attack orders for once lol.

Also, his line was simply epic. After he successfully gets Reshiram under the control of his machine, he says "AWESOME!! I AM AWESOME!!" (I think it was "Subarashii!! Watashiga Subarashii!! or so XDD). Talk about overly-dramatic gestures XDD

Just a random, trivial note, but Colress looking excited about something (probably a new theory he came up with or so - I'll need subtitles for that) while they're being arrested was pretty funny XDD

EDIT: Okay, just watched the subtitles, but after a little depression that the Pokemon Control Machine was a failure, he gets hyped up on the idea of creating a machine that can let them talk to pokemons XDD

Nice line there, especially since it was indirectly noted in the games that Colress had thought it would be a brilliant idea if one could understand what pokemon were saying.

So my point was that Colress pretty much made Episode N really fun for me XDD

The only thing that disappointed me here was no Reshiram vs Charizard. That would've been really epic, though.
    Last edited by Yato; 22nd April 2013 at 02:01 AM.
    Zexy and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

This was quite a nice episode, which may have not been the way it was expected, but was still okay.
    We finally got a helpful TR moment, which hasn't been done since Litwick Mansion, and Meowth kicked SERIOUS butt for the very first time in BW. We may have not gotten lots of Looker/JJM moments, but we finally got something. There was no Charizard v Reshiram, but since Reshiram wasn't the Great Badass, I don't care.
    Also, this episode had by far the best Uberchu moment ever. BY FAR. This gave it lots of points as a team Climax.
    Still, Reshiram wasn't that important and Ghetsis allowed Grouping Up as a Free Action , since Reshiram got two Uberhits at the beginning and one third to crush TP. Nothing in between. Great job, Ghetsis. Face the consequences.

N leaving was rushed, bo so was most of the climax. I have learned to accept rushed plots. It's allright, we won't see them again after all, won't we?
    (I would still like N and Reshiram to leave together... Daydreaming :P)

BTW, irrelevant to the topic, can that song that played in the DA preview be the next opening?

BW122 In one phrase: IT'S OVER.
    Gladly that mix of Looker, Ash's Charizard, N, Ghetsis, Colress, Cheren, Red Genesect and Reshiram is over... :))

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast