Animation: Team Kato
    Screenplay: Junki Takegami
    Storyboard: Hiromasa Amano
    Assistant director: Ken'ichi Nishida
    Animation director: Tomohiro Koyama

Default Re: BW121: "Plasma-dan Attacks! Ceremony of Revival!!"

That...was FUCKING AMAZING!
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

The best part of this episode was Krookodile's reaction to seeing the Team Plasma Pokemon. Oh, and Pignite and Charizard bro-ness.

Blog Entries

Lovin' that Pignite and Charizard being bros. Best friends for life.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Moe
    Blog Entries

The only thing that could really have improved this episode is if they finally did something with the pledge moves. Snivy and Oshawott's movesets couldn't get any worse by adding it - they had yet another perfect opportunity to show off one of the few reasons Ash has for having all the starters and did nothing - it just seems the most obvious step after the montage of his Pokemon working together.

Another episode where Pikachu just going in its Pokeball would have saved the day - perhaps Ash needs long hair. Seriously Pikachu - Ash will do anything to save you, but you won't inconvenience yourself by being recalled to your ball for a few minutes to save him having to get seriously injured trying? I wonder what N thinks of that.

Anyway, why is it I end up sounding so negative about an episode I enjoyed? Charizard and Pignite were brilliant, though they kinda overshadowed Krookodile, a fact it seemed to notice. Charizard is a better Excadrill than Excadrill ever was.
    Xita, guardian468, Yato and 11 others like this.

Pretty awesome episode. Loved the interactions between the fire types, and Krookodile was great. Kinda face palmed a little when Ash got all his pokemon and one of them was Krookodile. Spent all that time trying to dig your way out of somewhere and you had a pokemon that knows dig on you that entire time. But he got there in the end.

Blog Entries

I can't remember the last time the group has had to fight an entire flipping army of pokemon, if it ever happened at all. I'm kinda hazy on the details, but did the Power of Friendship actually NOT save Pikachu? It was N giving them Reshiram's ball. It is nice to see the entire gang get in on the action.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

This was definitely an action-packed episode, so there wasn't too much time set aside for dialogue. As such, the dialogue was all very simple and easy to follow (except for N and that's just because he's always speaking barely above a whisper), so this is an easy and enjoyable watch even without much Japanese language knowledge!

Waruvile provided some good comic relief in that moment when it finally broke to the surface, took one look around at the mind-controlled Pokemon (you came to the wrong neighborhood), and went right back in, only for Lizardon/Charizard to blast out almost immediately after. I loved the comedic timing of the scene.

N willingly giving up the Light Stone in exchange for the safety of Satoshi/Ash and his Pikachu, despite how much it meant to him, was something I was hoping to see, so this was very moving.

It was also sweet how N paid witness to Satoshi digging alongside Pikachu, showing concern when his paws were hurting, calling out the rest of his Pokemon to help, and also when N saw Chaoboo/Pignite encouraging Lizardon to battle. They were not only Pokemon willingly going into battle because it is what their trainer wants, but they were serious about winning it, and encouraging one another. It was a very good show of cooperation and camaraderie that I'm sure did a good job of convincing N.

... Handsome attacking the Plasma grunts like a madman with that pipe, I just don't know what to say about that... xD;; Aside from the fact that it was a good way to buy Satoshi enough time to call back most of his Pokemon.

Ghetsis showing up in person! Can't get on with summoning Reshiram until he informs N of his presently useless state. Isn't it enough that he's given up the Light Stone and his own goal for the sake of his first human friend, now lying, helpless and bound, on the ground? No? Fine!

Yes, you are right, Samurott, the power of friendship was not able to overcome the strength of Achroma's machine this time. I think it's finally complete.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 11th April 2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Yato likes this.

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Charizard & Pignite - BROS 4 LIFE!!

Also...why is Team Plasma just controlling random Pokemon? Shoudln't the focus be on POWERFUL Pokemon like Reshiram? And...where is Zekrom?!

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Anyway, why is it I end up sounding so negative about an episode I enjoyed?
    The best reviews are ones made with love, but can still give a critical eye.

I really loved this episode. And I'm glad that the croc finally got to do something in Episode N. Since the plots have been mostly human-driven for a while, a lot of Pokemon didn't get the chance to shine.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

GurahkWeavile: Here, they weren't controlling random Pokemon so much as all of the Pokemon that COULD have been used against them. The archaeologists' coworkers, Satoshi's Pokemon, and the like. o/

In previous episodes? Those were all field tests. Achroma/Colress was testing his machine and generally, you test new things on large samples to see what your creation's limits are, so you can work out all of the bugs before you move on to using it on who or what it's meant for. o/ Up until this episode, he was always saying his system was still incomplete.
    Last edited by QuietDragon; 11th April 2013 at 01:41 PM.

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by QuietDragon View Post
    GurahkWeavile: Here, they weren't controlling random Pokemon so much as all of the Pokemon that COULD have been used against them. The archaeologists' coworkers, Satoshi's Pokemon, and the like. o/

In previous episodes? Those were all field tests. Achroma/Colress was testing his machine and generally, you test new things on large samples to see what your creation's limits are, so you can work out all of the bugs before you move on to using it on who or what it's meant for. o/ Up until this episode, he was always saying his system was still incomplete.
    Now that you put it that way...it kinda makes more sense....

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I didn't think Episode N could get any better, it's always nice to be surprised. I thought this episode was stellar, I'll just start off by talking about my favorite part of this episode:

Satoshi and his Pokemon were the gems of this episode, I really liked seeing them all work together like that to tunnel through the cave, then again I'm a bit of a sucker for groups of people working together for one common goal. I just thought those scenes were fantastically done, I can't express how glad I am Lizardon wasn't the sole factor to them escaping. It took, not just Lizardon but, Mijumaru, Pikachu, Waruvial, Chaobu, Tsutarja, N, and Satoshi to get out of that place. People sometimes bring up the factor that Lizardon's return rules the other Pokemon obsolete, this episode is living proof such an idea is false. Though Mijumaru, Waruvial, and Lizardon mainly did the heavy work and excavating, Mijumaru's Hydro Pump, Waruvial's Dig, and Lizardon's, odd-yet innovative and highly effective, rendition of Dragon Tail to escape. Chaobu, Tsutarja, and Pikachu weren't left in the dust, they helped get rid of some of that debris for the plan to succeed. It was just so great seeming them all work together like that, the interactions between them were so choice. It was really cool to see Waruvial since he hasn't been seen since the league and nice to see a throwback to his timid behavior with him getting eyed by all the frenzied Pokemon and recoiling.

When it came to the battling, once again, I like how everyone did something. Chaobu's younger sibling-like concern for Lizardon was adorable, I like how he sounded like he was crying during that scene(Chalk that up the VA's emoting) where Lizardon lay on the ground and he protected Lizardon from more Shadow Balls. The double Flamethrower looked nicely animated too. Waruvial, not to let the Fire-types steal the show, came up with, all on his own, that powered up version of Dig and it looked awesome. Gotta like the way the Tsutarja and Mijumaru didn't wanna be left behind and willingly came up to the plate to help.

All those Pokemon were great and it reminds me just how much I enjoy his Isshu team. I've finally figured out the reason I enjoy them so much is because how vivid their personalities are. Naturally, because of how many there are, I'm not burnt out on them yet, because there's such a huge cause for screentime and battles that I find myself appreciating them even more when they do get it. I don't think I would get the same feel if Satoshi had stuck with his six core members from beginning to end.

Pikachu getting enraged by Achroma's machine was a great scene too, I like how it didn't take the Power of Friendship to get Pikachu back in check. It literally was a hopeless situation and it shows just how far Achroma's machine had come in such little time, all that foreshadowing, in the form of data gathering on Kairyu, Ononokusu, and a few other Pokemon like Nyasu, was leading up to this and I'm satisfied. The only gripe I have is how overpowered Achroma's machine was, if Satoshi-tachi can't use their Pokemon with fear of them going nuts then that puts them in a pretty grave situation with dozens of Lepardas, Dokkora family members, and Golugh around. Kairyu and Iwapalace had things in check from the beginning but still that machine stopped that fast.

Nice to see Ghetsis and the Ceremony of revival, Achroma rocked his role as usual. I still really like that scientist, he's just so fun to watch and brings so much to the table daily. N's subtle development with seeing the teamwork of Satoshi's team like that was awesome as well. Hopefully Satoshi throws Pikachu in Iris's hair next time. You just know there's a anti-laser and bullet-proof pocket dimension in there somewhere, probably in the closet in Kibago's bedroom. :P

My favorite overall moment was still seeing Lizardon play Doryuzu with Drill-Dragon Tail.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 12th April 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Indeed, this episode was pretty awesome. All the action, all the screentime Satoshi's Pokémon get...everything was awesome. The way how they dug out with teamwork and the use of moves (Dig, Hydro Pump, Dragon Tail) was really creative. And Waruvial's expressions were quite amusing when they surfaced.

Lizardon and Chaobu, fire type bros forever XD I just love seeing them both doing something together.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is one of the few BW episodes that I genuinely liked, and I am actually surprised considering how far into the series we are and how lackluster of a story arc Episode N has been up to this point. Prior to this episode, most of the Episode N storyline was either human-driven (with N, Team Rocket, and Team Plasma taking most of the screentime) or was focused on a select few pokemon (Dragonite, Charizard, and Meowth, and to a lesser extent, Pikachu and Pignite). It was about time that the writers returned to the original roots by having Pokemon and humans working together on equal terms and receiving a balanced amount of screentime.

I placed my review/episode summary in spoiler tags.
    Azumarill39 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast