REVIEW: BW119: "Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan! Nyarth and Achroma!!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW119: "Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan! Nyarth and Achroma!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW119: "Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan! Nyarth and Achroma!!"

I laughed so hard at the scene where Ash, Iris and Axew looked up Pignite's nostrils XD That was so weird, especially the perspective we saw it from.

And then the whole let's-just-jump-like-nobody's-business seance afterwards, too cute. Although Ash's unorthodox way of having Charizard throw Pignite around to force the bullet seed out left me in a bit of worry. What happened to using isotonic saltwater to flush the nostrils, geez! Iris' solution was simple but effective, typical "nature-like" solution coming from her. Loved this subplot XD

Meowth was fierce! Loved how Jessie and James snapped him out of it, though. While they don't display it as often anymore, their close friendship still shines through. In their own, robotic competent kind of way.. Nice little episode before the real action starts.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

What the fuck did I just watch? It was a good episode, don't get me wrong. But this was all just so bizarre.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Oh come on guys, we all know Satoshi doesn't train his Pokemon anymore... he uses the Heart of the Cards to win battles now.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Oh come on guys, we all know Satoshi doesn't train his Pokemon anymore... he uses the Heart of the Cards to win battles now.
    I don't know what's sadder; that I laughed like crazy at that, or the fact that you're absolutely right.

This episode tried to cram together three different stories at once, spreading itself way too thin.

This is really one of those episodes that make me miss pre-Unova Team Rocket. I think the writers too often try to pass a generic personality as "badass and mature". While they did effectively give Team Plasma a hard time, their flat out lack of personality and dull surprise expressions made me not care.

Aaaand the Pignite subplot. Jees, to think I thought Ash was actually going to be training his Pignite after that blunder in last week's episode. How hopelessly naive of me. How did a Bullet Seed even get caught in his nostril if the attack is energy-based pellets? Oh wait, they conveniently changed it into a physical object... except it should have been roasted the second he tried a Flamethrower since it's made of plant-matter... .... ...Stupid subplot!!
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Quote Originally Posted by DynoStretch View Post

Aaaand the Pignite subplot. Jees, to think I thought Ash was actually going to be training his Pignite after that blunder in last week's episode. How hopelessly naive of me. How did a Bullet Seed even get caught in his nostril if the attack is energy-based pellets? Oh wait, they conveniently changed it into a physical object... except it should have been roasted the second he tried a Flamethrower since it's made of plant-matter... .... ...Stupid subplot!!
    Oh, please, you're trying to apply logic to a show about kids who travel the world carrying giant monsters in tiny balls that can turn even smaller while defeating villains the police is too incompetent to defeat? Not to mention all kids have a Bag of Holding for a backpack. And let's not forget that the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of mass are broken once a minute.

...but yes, it does suck how he never trains his Pokémon anymore.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

It was quite a nice episode compared to random BW ones, but also anticlimatic due to its placement (2 good eps - THIS THING - Climax). Yep, it was bizarre, but this is better than boring, IMO at least.

Ash/Co's Pignite plot was just something they came up for to kill some time (this episode's time-killness was amazing! I am pretty sure the writers did a time-killing contest when writing this episode xD). Charizard/Pignite interacrions are nice, and Pignite officially becoming Flamethrower-to-the-face v 2.0 was quite great! I still feel sympathy for the thing, though...

TR was another story. No motto, no more blast-offs (I really believe they made them blast off for a while just to bring the nostalgians back). Meowth and Colress had some interaction, but in the end, it was nothing important at all (especially if you don't know Japanese). Colress laughing was interesting too, we haven't ever seen him that way. Meowth's Mareeps/Noctowls were fun to watch as well. I really want to see how will TPCI react at this (it really looked like the Noctowl thing was a Japanese word pun to me). Also, those Whirlwind Fury Swipes... He should really become a noodle master...

BTW, how did those very same TP grunts from the last 2 episode didn't realize that Meowth was missing?

Also... MORE MAGNEZONE! :P

8/10, because it was good, yet not as good as the previous 9'ers of mine.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

Blog Entries

There was so many choice Colress faces in this episode.

And the Pignite subplot was cute. Though when they were picking up the bullet seeds I couldn't help but go, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT WAS JUST IN HIS NOSE!!"

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

Forgot to mention. Doesn't it bug you that it was Iris who saved the day once again? Like she's more mature than the others?
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

She stuck a blade of grass in Pignite's nose. Why would that be an issue, that she solved a simple problem? It also makes sense, in a way. She used a part of nature to solve the problem. (Though, how she thought of it makes me think that she might know about this from experience.) I'm wondering why she never thought of it earlier, but I'm just assuming I missed something.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    She stuck a blade of grass in Pignite's nose. Why would that be an issue, that she solved a simple problem? It also makes sense, in a way. She used a part of nature to solve the problem. (Though, how she thought of it makes me think that she might know about this from experience.) I'm wondering why she never thought of it earlier, but I'm just assuming I missed something.
    She noticed the grass rustling while Chaobu was lying there all depressed after Lizardon almost killed it XD

I think the solution actually demonstrated just how stupid Satoshi truly is rather than how smart Iris is. I mean, she used a simple solution to cure Chaoboo while Satoshi almost killed it. I swear, he's just getting dumber BW carries on. By the end of the series, he'll be using electric attacks against Ground-types and expecting them to work.

But the whole sub-plot just seemed like a way to give Satoshi's Pokemon some personal screentime without actually training them. I'm not kidding, the writers seem to be dead set against any training elements in the series. Hell, even when he's battling someone and it's getting interesting someone wanders in and stops it.

Plus it doesn't make any sense logically. Even if we suspend our disbelief long enough to accept that a bullet seed... shard split apart and landed perfectly in Chaoboo's nostrils but there is no freakin' way they wouldn't have been incinerated by a single Flamethrower.

Still, I guess I should give a little credit. I like the fact that Chaoboo and Lizardon seemed to be friends at the end of the episode (something that will doubtlessly never be touched on again) and at the meal in the beginning the gang had all their Pokemon out rather than just the cute ones. Plus, it was Chaoboo that was getting some focus that it's had precious little of for a long while... I'm sure there's other Pokemon that would have benefited more though.

What's that? There was another plot with Nyarth and Achroma? Must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    So much for Genesect being relevant to Episode N. Mewtwo's cameo was more significant than that.

Considering that N is clearly worried about Genesect, it will be weird to see him just move on after the White Ruins climax is over.
    Honestly I don't know what they were thinking by putting Genesect on the Episode N poster and having CoroCoro hype up its appearance months advance of the episode airing. It seems like it was tossed in simply for the sake of being able to say there was another cameo like Mewtwo's.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Satoshi doesn't train his Pokemon?

Clearly we aren't watching the same show.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    What the fuck did I just watch? It was a good episode, don't get me wrong. But this was all just so bizarre.
    This is so full of win. I can't even express the joy I felt reading this comment. Such a weird episode! Not bad at all, a great episode, but beyond awkward.

So wait, what was Team Rocket plan here? Why did they let Colress hypnotize Meowth into mad rampage? What was the point of that?

Though I do have to give Team Rocket props for that excellently timed spotlight entrance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast