REVIEW: BW116: "Burn, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!" - Page 11

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: BW116: "Burn, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!"

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW116: "Burn, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!"

I loved seeing everyone in HD (except Damian, he looks much less like a douchbag, I can't take him seriously anymore D: )
    Last edited by Misty Calls Masquerain; 26th November 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries

This episode was pretty good, though personally I found the rain scene with Brock and Ash helping Charmander to have looked slightly worse in the re-do. Regardless this episode lived up to expectations and the scene with Charizard using Flamethrower in Ash's face just put a smile on my face, hehe. BUT N BEING THERE MADE IT EVEN BETTER TOO :3

Charizard's relationship with Dragonite just slightly reminds me of his and Magmar's battle in Blaine's gym.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    They couldn't use the old scenes without upscaling them to HD. I actually can't remember the last episode that used actual clips from old episodes instead of new still screens and such.
    Actually they could have done what DP did with the "memory outline" of white. I remember for older episodes it simply took up a bigger amount of the screen on the sides than flashbacks to newer episodes.

I think it would have looked awful as hell if they did that but it was still an option.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Charizard sees Dragonite as a worthy oppent and rival, similar to Tracey's Scyther and the Magmar.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

After 7 years of waiting, Charizard is back!
    We did all expect that he will be powered down, but after watching his battle with Dragonite, I doubt so. (Dragonite looks boosted, Charizard doesn’t look nerfed.)
    Charizard’s ability to take Dragon Rushes to no damage was a signature characteristic he had (especially shown in his AG battle with Articuno), and he would win were it not for the peacemaker N-derp. This is my major complaint of all Episode N (and Season 2 in general, with Cynthia v Iris, Dawn v Ash) , since the only battle with an outcome was Cheren vs Ash. (which was a joke battle, but anyway…)
    Now for the negative… First, Seismic Toss is no longer. I have no problem with that, since it was so hyped in OS, plus it was the main reason Charizard lost at its last battle (Brandon’s Dusclops). It was about time. However, the Slash, Wing Attack, Dragon Tail moveset looks weak compared to the Overheats we were used to in AG.
    In conclusion, they are going fresh with Charizard (aka no Charicific Valley/Liza present), which is both positive and negative. I am just glad that for BW standards Charizard is still top, even after a 7 year absence.

Now, to the actual episode…
    This is the classic “Non-filler Episode N episode, without Team Rocket in it, with a Cilan that plays no role (he doesn’t even send his Pokes out) and an Iris that at least does something (Her thinking that Charizard was Dragon and the ensuing scene was hilarious)”. At least we got some nice Cilan/N interaction.
    The Kanto Fair thing was indiferrent, but the flashbacks are another story. All these OS moments were quite nice! The epitome of nostalgia, yet shown in a fresh way (the evolutions, for example). That’s the positive part of BW. Too bad we see it in only 1 out of 120 episodes…
    To the very end, it was a nice episode for Best Wishes, that reminds us that they can pull nice things off… I hope they don’t ruin Ash’s most powerful Pokemon in the remaining Plasma episodes.
    Just to mention it, I ignore completely the fact that Ash decided to only call Charizard (out of all his Kanto starters) , from Oak’s Lab (not Charicific Valley). I could troll for hours about them, but it destroys the climate of nostalgia and adds words to this already big post of mine.
    Waiting anxiously for more than a month-ful of real Team Plasma action!

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

I saw a few clips and is it just me or is Charizard's voice drastically different since the last time we saw it. As far as I know it's still Shin'Ichro Miki voicing him right?
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Huh, never noticed that before:

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    I loved seeing everyone in HD (except Damin, he looks much less like a douchbag, I can't take him seriously D: )
    To tell you the truth I actually like Damin. He was the first guy I liked on the show. Gary was too snub but I was wondering if he was going to be either Ash's or Brock's rival in the beginning but nevermind. And it doesn't matter about the HD thing, it's just updated television.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Huh, never noticed that before:

Clearly, Satoshi has serious memory problems.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    I loved seeing everyone in HD (except Damin, he looks much less like a douchbag, I can't take him seriously D: )
    To tell you the truth I actually like Damin. He was the first guy I liked on the show. Gary was too snub but I was wondering if he was going to be either Ash's or Brock's rival in the beginning but nevermind. And it doesn't matter about the HD thing, it's just updated television.
    I wasn't talking about Damin himself, all I'm saying is that he looks much less like a douchbag in the new style.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

This was easily the best flashback episode ever. I never expected them to bring back older characters like Primape, Koga, Leon...and best of all, the scene of the orginal 5: Pidgeotto, Pika, and Kanto starters. Man, that just made tears drop from my eyes.

Charizard's attacks being dowgraded was a bit disappointing, but the attack animations were seriously epic. Wing Attack using dragon wings? O_O awesome.

Iris thinking Charizard is a Dragon-type... XDD we all thought so when we were kids, right?

May we hear good news of bird-eggs in Oak's lab. XDD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    This was easily the best flashback episode ever. I never expected them to bring back older characters like Primape, Koga, Leon...and best of all, the scene of the orginal 5: Pidgeotto, Pika, and Kanto starters. Man, that just made tears drop from my eyes.

Charizard's attacks being dowgraded was a bit disappointing, but the attack animations were seriously epic. Wing Attack using dragon wings? O_O awesome.

Iris thinking Charizard is a Dragon-type... XDD we all thought so when we were kids, right?

May we hear good news of bird-eggs in Oak's lab. XDD
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was a Pidgey egg in the end? :D
    Yato and martianmister like this.

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post

Usually I'd jump at the excitement of Ash getting to correct Iris and saying "You thought Charizard was part Dragon? What a little kid..." but NO with the above statements I mentioned with its moves I in no way schold Iris for not knowing because I'm sure 99% of us thought Charizard was a Dragon type and still think it should be recognized as one.
    I am the 1%? Naw she should know that having a fire/dragon as starter would mess with triangle (unless she though it gains dragon type). And the triangle thing seems like it would be common knowledge in the pokemon world since all known regions operate that way. Anyways they could've given him Shadow claw and Air slash instead of Slash and wing attack if they must have dragon tail
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I loved this episode and all the nostalgia. I esspecially loved seeing Misty again. Though I wish we would have seen more of her. It seemed like Brock got more dialouge then her.

However, Iris's justifications for believing Charizard was a dragon-type seem pretty unreasonable. It's a starter, and since she knows it's not the grass or water-types, it therefore has to be at least part fire-type. Second, it has the ability to fly and IMO, adding a dragon typing wouldn't grant the ability to fly. Her claim that Charizard looks like a dragon-type doesn't make much since to me since all of them look different. The fact that he knew a dragon-type move is even more ridiculous. Did she not remember seeing Trip's grass-type Serperior with Dragon Tail or Ash's ground/dark-type Krookodile learning Dragon Claw.

Anyway, besides that, this was one of the best episodes in BW. 8/10.

Registered simply to say....the nostalgia in this episode had a physical effect on me. I have never been that excited, amped up, and/or childish.

Yes Charizard....Yes.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)