REVIEW: BW114: "N, Again! Operation Rescue Warrgle!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: BW114: "N, Again! Operation Rescue Warrgle!!"

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW114: "N, Again! Operation Rescue Warrgle!!"

So N finally joins the group... Did we need a whole episode for this one to come? Just kidding, of course we would need it, for it would have been rushed, which is a norm in BW, but anyway...
    Jokes aside, it wasn't a great episode overall, since the main plot involved an already seen BW Pokemon (Tag Brothers Episode). Not only that, Ash scanned it again (Okay, he foregts the existence of certain Pokemon sometimes, but not just only 15 episodes later...).
    Iris (alongside her Excadrill) had a minor role, which was a bit forced due to the N-and-battling issue that had to be solved for N to formally join the group. Also, what's that with Cilan's computer thingy every time, and was the Zangoose Grunt a MAN?!
    Braviary itself made sense (it wanted to help, as it is brave). That's why I think they should have used something else in BW099, instead of a double showcase.
    N was depicted too much as a secret-agent, and his "love" for receiving Pokemon's attacks made him look more like a psycho-Pokemon-hybrid-freak to me. His plan was okay, and I think that TP should have not fallen for it.
    To the goods of the episode, Team Plasma was competent, even though I think there was no reason for them to use glasses at the Pokemon Center. It was their over-reliance at technology that fooled them off in the end, however. The Zangoose grunt looks nothing like a man, but anyway. It was also nice to see they did not blast off, as they almost always do it when Ash/Co fight two or three random grunts (especially since they totally replaced TR in this one). By the way, why did they make so much ruckus for a Braviary?
    Also, TEAM ROCKET WAS NOT IN THE EPISODE! (And to think some people thought we would see Jessie's Seviper in this one!)
    Overall, it was just a not-exactly-filler (but fillerish indeed) episode designed to show us N and Team Plasma a bit more, that also settled N's battlling issues and entered him to the group. It did it's part, yet, it is the definition of forgettable. Oops, what were we talking about? :P

6/10

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Given one of Iris's past flaws was that she couldn't understand her Pokemon very well, specifically Doryuzu and the Ononodo from her young childhood.
    Forgot the most important? LOL DRAGONITE! It had to be Cynthia (and later Elder) to calm it down!

Also, can a Japanases-fluent person tell us what's going on with Driftveil (Hodomoe) City in the end? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Zexy; 22nd February 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Oh, so N did officially join the group? Not that I understood the dialogues, but I got the feeling that he declined their offer, though I am most likely wrong since he appears in all of the episodes after this one. Can someone confirm that he in fact did join the gang?
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

He does join the group, yes. He tells Satoshi and the others that he's on the way to Hodomoe City, so our heroes suggest they all go there together since they're headed that way as well. N hesitates at first because of his dislike of pokemon battles but eventually decides to take Satoshi up on his offer.
    Chiplet and 투 애니원 like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

N is an extreme version of Ash,, but its also nice to know when a man gets hurt badly even when its not his pokemon.. I think N would probably even die to save Braviary from TP. Ahh well its our heroes just in time to save the day and N's plan is too good for grunts to realise they were fooled.. The attachment between N and Braviary was really very touching.. Happy that N joining the group for some eps.. May be its N who understood why Ash battles even though he cares for pokemon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 21st February 2013, 05:49 AM