REVIEW: BW112 "Achroma VS Handsome! Plasma-dan's Conspiracy!!" - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BW112 "Achroma VS Handsome! Plasma-dan's Conspiracy!!"

Default Re: BW112 "Achroma VS Handsome! Plasma-dan's Conspiracy!!"

Colress was good and was almost kie his game counterpart and I have a feeling when it shows him again in the future, he is probably going to be really interested with Ash's Pikachu again and may try and do some research on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I don't see how trying to collect badges/ribbons/symbols is the only thing that constitutes as a reason for traveling.
    It isn't, but Ash has only ever been driven about battle-oriented quests. Everything else has been a matter of being in the right place at the right time. When he takes a break from that in favor of something else, I expect to see the thought process behind the shift in direction, which isn't the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu
    It's been a thing for quite a while that Ash wants to meet as many people and Pokemon as he can on his journey, as last mentioned (I think?) in the Sawsbuck photography episode. Going to see Reshiram and the White Ruins is a perfectly good reason for him to keep traveling around Unova.

And it's never been confirmed that either of the Victini movies are "canon"... or which one of them is, for that matter.
    You do realize that by this logic Ash has a reason to revisit every region, right? There are quite a few legendaries that he hasn't seen yet outside the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    You do realize that by this logic Ash has a reason to revisit every region, right? There are quite a few legendaries that he hasn't seen yet outside the movies.
    It's still a valid reason, it doesn't mean he has to revisit them. It just means he can if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    It's still a valid reason, it doesn't mean he has to revisit them. It just means he can if he wants to.
    In other words, it's a forced plot device.

Blog Entries

Which reminds me, anyone else bothered by there STILL being Summer deerling? I know that this was evident a while ago, but is three months not enough to cause a season change? Did they not realize that? I thought the Japanese were more thorough than that. It'd be pointless anyway by now because we're not going to see all four seasons regardless. Not unless they pull the time warp shenanigans that caused the Sawsbuck.
    Step into the Fairy circle

How do know? Maybe the Writers just want to make this Region a lot Longer since they flew through the Region to fast his time and want to go through the Region a little slower this time around.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

-I expected a bit more from this episode but still I'm happy with what I got. Akuroma is absolutely creepy, his hard-on for Satoshi "bringing out the latent power" of Pikachu was just cringe-worthy. Though I still wonder whether Akuroma is morally gray or not, either way I liked his portrayal in this episode. The female Plasma grunt actually seemed somewhat important compared to most grunts so that was nice, I mainly was interested in her due to her role in the BW2 trailer and somewhat unique design.

-Kibago used Giga Impact, good to know he's capable of remembering moves he learns. Also glad to see Kibago actively participating in battles against the Plasma Pokemon alongside Pikachu, makes his future victories and achievements feel less forced and gives him some more battles he desperately needs.

-Meh...didn't care for Handsome too much, he honestly didn't interest me much this episode. I was hoping to see his Toxic Mouth frog debut and battle alongside him, I know he's one of the few characters in Pokemon skilled in hand-to-hand combat but still. He looked cool saving the gang from that Dragon Rage + Thunderbolt.

-Old Pokemon, awesome sauce. Koil and Golbat, always nice to see. This show also once again makes an ugly Pokemon cute-looking to me, I liked seeing Satoshi-tachi carrying those fainted Pokemon to the Center. More Kojondo in this show is also a good thing, especially, at least this time it wasn't used as death fodder for another fat Fighting-type.

Wish I could say more but everyone has pretty much captured mostly everything I've had to say, overall enjoyable episode.

I really liked Colress in this episode; he was pretty much exactly like I pictured he would be in the anime, and I really enjoyed the plot with Handsome involved too! Honestly have missed the blasting off from Team Rocket too so having that back is a plus.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Yeah, You think the Season would have changed a long time ago and the Deerling and Sawsbuck would have changed into their Autumn Forms Yet.

So now that the old 2-parter is officially retconned, they better find a way to work it back into current continuity.

He does, but then what? There aren't any visible opportunities to know the Bird Trio from Kanto, or the Ho-oh he's seen so many times, and so on. However, he has the chance to know Reshiram.

About the episode, simply awesome. The bound Meowth's scenes was as cute as it was funny, and the plot entertained me. Can't wait for more!

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, to recap: Team Plasma and Colress, plus the return of both Looker and our beloved Blast Off?
    Last edited by Musashi; 8th February 2013 at 01:30 PM.

This Was still a very good episode with a great comeback with Looker.
    Last edited by Musashi; 8th February 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Ash has only ever been driven about battle-oriented quests. Everything else has been a matter of being in the right place at the right time. When he takes a break from that in favor of something else, I expect to see the thought process behind the shift in direction, which isn't the case here.
    Nonsense. Satoshi only starts new quests when he 'conveniently happens' to hear about some new region or quest from Okido. Leaving aside the fact that you might imagine a 10-year old to be a bit more well-versed in basic geography (like, the existence of other regions) than Satoshi appears to be, Satoshi never leaves for a new region until he is told about it.

Indeed, BW broke the trend of Satoshi learning about the new region near the end of his badge/Symbol quest--he didn't learn about Isshu until after DP and even then (nominally, but still) only went there for a vacation. This demonstrated to us clearly what could be determined before to a large extent anyways: Satoshi never immediately moves on to a new Badge quest unless prompted to by another character teaching him about a 'new' region. Nobody told him about any new region, so he is doing what was consistent with his character the entire time--indeed, the only reason we haven't seen it before is, as you said, precisely a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

I wish I knew why so many of you don't seem to understand my point: Ash wanting to find Reshiram (for the second time or even the first one) is a weak reason to travel through Unova again since it should be possible to significantly shorten the journey by taking a boat to the closest area to the ruins. My gripe is with the fact that Ash and co. aren't proactive when it comes to the villain encounters; I wouldn't have a problem if their goal were to stop each and every one of Team Plasma's plans, which is what N and Looker seem to be doing. But so far, they are just going about their merry way as if they had something more important to do, which they don't.

This is why N should be a permanent companion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast