REVIEW: BW103: The Isshu League Higaki Conference Gets Underway! Satoshi vs Shooty!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: BW103: The Isshu League Higaki Conference Gets Underway! Satoshi vs Shooty!!

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW103: The Isshu League Higaki Conference Gets Underway! Satoshi vs Shooty!!

Ahahaha... so, just how much of this episode had the actual Ash/Trip battle in it? I'll feel even better next week if there's a big B-plot that relegates the remainder of their battle to half an episode at best~ ♥

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW103: The Isshu League Higaki Conference Gets Underway! Satoshi vs Shooty!!

At the very least there were no cameos of Ash's older friends like Prof. Oak or Delia or Tracey. Misty hasn't watched one of Ash's leagues since the Hoenn one. LOL.

I guess Dawn isn't watching either if she's too busy in the Wallace Cup.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    Wait...Ash starts the league by going up against his main rival? I have a bad feeling about this...

Who wants to guess the odds that Ash's first Unova League battle will also be his last?
    A little part of me doubts it.

I bet 5 bucks he beats Shooty. Another 10 says he battles Kenyan and Kotetsu.
    L-05308, Adyniz, Shinneth and 4 others like this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Considering how well Satoshi has been seen to battle in BW, I personally don't think he has the expertise to even get past Shooty...

And yeah, it seems that none of Satoshi's friends or family give a damn about his league matches at this point (at this point, I'll be surprised if we ever see Kasumi, Haruka, Masato or Hikari again).
    Robo-Floatzel and djulienr like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    So Bianca's first opponent was using a Watchog. Damn it, writers, you could have brought back Jimmy Ray for this one! Why did you settle for a generic no-name character?
    Maybe the writers are planning a reappearance somewhere? Being idealistic here, but it just seems hard to believe the writers would re-use some typical NPCs and have them show up in cameos but leave out such a memorable one.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With way things started this is shaping up to be worst league ever, period. Not only it is rushed but story is messed up all over the place, and Ash defeating his supposed "main rival Trip" already in first round is major disappointment. Seriously what was point of him in first place if he never really came of as treat or motivated Ash in improving as trainer?

As usual Kotetsu absent mindedness and idiocy came to expression once again this time forgetting to register for league and everyone pronouncing Stephan name right this time resolving running gag was predictable by miles.

Stephan fast victory over Raul and Braviary and in general short and rushed battles in BW makes me skeptic even more of whole Unova league format, and how all duels will end up as one giant mixed bag full of quick resolutions of rivalries spotted with subpar matches.

Hopefully battle against Stephan will be more satisfying and Ash battle against Virgil with his horde of Eevee evolutions is probably match im looking forward the most.

Only thing i can say i liked about this episode were Ash flashbacks from passing all Unova gym leaders and excitement he felt before entering league.

I guess Ash and Kotetsu clash was nice comedic touch to whole episode as well, but in reality im disappointed with this episode for several reasons and way things are played this league might end up fairly forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    And yeah, it seems that none of Satoshi's friends or family give a damn about his league matches at this point (at this point, I'll be surprised if we ever see Kasumi, Haruka, Masato or Hikari again).
    It seems more to me how writers don't give a damn anymore about them ignoring fact how they were important part of Ash life and series history. Never mind unresolved stories, popularity and potential they have to add more life to stumbled show.

Sad, because small token reminders and tributes to past at least during important events like league are things which would make Ash journey more memorable and believable giving sense of continuity in whole thing, instead of treating this show like its set in some alternate universe.
    MonkeyBoy210 likes this.

Blog Entries

I'm honestly getting the impression just from this episode alone that this will be the worst league yet and I'm really getting the same vibe I got from the Don Battle, Clubsplosion, and the Jr Cup....The fact that the writers have to focus on Stephan, Bianca, Virgil, and Kotetsu kinda draws a little bit of time away from Ash and the time they focused on them could've been used for 3 on 3 battles rather than 1 on 1...I'm VERY disappointed that Ash and Trip are facing off right from the start in a freaking 1 on 1, rather than getting the full 6 on 6 they have yet to have.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

Ah, we finally reach league time, and it's zipping by faster then a Ninjask after seven cups of coffee. Funny how they can do filler after filler (or Iris episode after Iris episode) and then act like they have to rush through the tournaments.

The League is shaping to look like just another 1-on-1 Don tournament. Thanks for killing any remaining optimism I had for this series writers.

AND GODDAMNIT DOES ANYONE AROUND HERE EVER STOP SMILING?!

Wait, an Officer Butc, erm, Jenny lit the torch? That's... random... ...did their character-of-the-day budget run out? That's like having the 2016 Olympic torch be lit by a Dairy Queen cashier.

And oh look, Pikachu is struggling one-sidedly against Serperior, can't wait to see what Deus ex Machina they pull out to help Ash win to make up for his complete inability to train his Pokemon. I'm guessing it'll involve the Static ability kicking in, which happens so infrequently I'm not surprised Ash forgets about it.

*sighs* Well that was a depressing post. Do I have anything to liven it up a bit?

Aw, that'll do. ^ ^
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    At the very least there were no cameos of Ash's older friends like Prof. Oak or Delia or Tracey. Misty hasn't watched one of Ash's leagues since the Hoenn one. LOL.
    I actually don't see any reason why Ash's past companions would even be able to watch an event happening in a distant region.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I actually don't see any reason why Ash's past companions would even be able to watch an event happening in a distant region.
    The internet? :P

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

She probably forgot. If ash could forget who brock was for so long then misty can forget Ash.

Fun episode, I think Ash is going to be driven nutts by Bel and Kotestu. Bel for knocking him into water every time they meet up and Kotestu for being so stupid, I like how even Ash can't understand how some one can be that stupid HAHA, Ash's expressions when he found out Kotestu hasn't even signed up priceless.

I'm glad Trip's being beaten in the first round, never found him intresting and I just laughed that he didn't even interact with Ash or his rivals, who does he think he is? Even though this league doesn't seem as exciting as the past leagues, I'm still looking forward to it =]

I don't see why any one would think the others would make cameos at this point, they didn't in the last league right? Just get used to it already, the only ones who ever get cameos are previous main girl characters than after that they leave and we never hear or see them again. Heck, not even Ash's mom or Oak seem to be appearing and I thought Ash's mom was in the same region???
    PockyAddict likes this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Heck, not even Ash's mom or Oak seem to be appearing and I thought Ash's mom was in the same region???
    She returned to Kanto with Professor Oak.
    djulienr likes this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I'm really getting the vibes that this league will be a disaster myself, at this point, I have no hopes left for Best Wishes, I just really hope the Gen 6 saga improves on what BW has done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    I'm honestly getting the impression just from this episode alone that this will be the worst league yet and I'm really getting the same vibe I got from the Don Battle, Clubsplosion, and the Jr Cup....The fact that the writers have to focus on Stephan, Bianca, Virgil, and Kotetsu kinda draws a little bit of time away from Ash and the time they focused on them could've been used for 3 on 3 battles rather than 1 on 1...I'm VERY disappointed that Ash and Trip are facing off right from the start in a freaking 1 on 1, rather than getting the full 6 on 6 they have yet to have.
    Agreed, every league before this one was 6 on 6, and I've feared that they would make the Unova League another Don Battle-esque 1 on 1 tournament, it's like in the Anime-verse's version of Unova it's illegal to have 6 on 6 battles. Not to mention that BW has barely focused on Ash at all, and has focused more on side characters than the one who is supposed to be the main character. For the longest time, I've had the feeling that the writers didn't want Ash to be the main character of BW, but they wouldn't let them change the main character for some reason, that's what I personally think.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Heck, not even Ash's mom or Oak seem to be appearing and I thought Ash's mom was in the same region???
    She returned to Kanto with Professor Oak.
    I'm so glad she trusts her son that much to leave him in a region like this, its more far than any other region hes been too, he doesn't have the money to get homeXD

Robo I hope the next region is more about Ash, I was very disapointed with this series and I'm not even a fan of well.
    Robo-Floatzel and Duque like this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 9th March 2013, 12:11 PM
  2. 22nd November 2012, 05:40 AM