REVIEW: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

  1. #16
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    Did anyone notice Glaceon when Ash was scanning her on his Pokédex the dark blue tips of her legs were missing uhh goes to show how much attention to detail they pay.
    ... That is an incredibly minor error of the sort that is made very often in animated shows in general. I don't know why you're getting bitter about it.

  2. #17
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Don't forget Ritchie's Pikachu!
    Haha, true I didn't want to list that many Pokemon and besides I didn't put it on the list because technically speaking it did "beat" Charizard ONLY because it was disqualified for not wanting to battle and opted to sleep instead. Honestly, we all know that it was going to be beaten if Charizard had landed a single Flamethrower.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

  3. #18
    Registered User Rajagopal90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    India
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Very nice episode to be realistic. Excellent showcase of Eevee and its evolutionary partners. I liked the part where Eevee has participated and liked more in which eevee was waving its ears like wings.. very adorable:):) love the animation. most importantly its explained why virgil had more than 6 pokes. When in his ranch he had more than 6, but when he came to dam for the rescue mission he had only 6(eevee,vaporeon,flareon,jolteon,umbreon nd glaceon).. its like when Ash is at oak's lab.. but stil questions remain on how Virgil wil manage to use his pokes in the league also the fact that Ash knows what pokes he wil try to bring in the league but on other hand virgil doesnt know more of Ash's pokes.
    Last edited by Rajagopal90; 18th November 2012 at 10:41 AM.

  4. #19
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,080
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Does anyone have the link for the preview that played at the end of this?

  5. #20
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Does anyone have the link for the preview that played at the end of this?
    Link.

  6. #21
    Registered User Hellwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Okay, Virgil using Glaceon and Umbreons abilities in unison to make an ice key was pretty damn cool.

    Haven't seen that before.
    Last edited by Hellwarden; 19th November 2012 at 11:52 AM.

  7. #22
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Haven't seen that before.
    We rarely see Pokémon working together. But I'm reminded of Cyndaquil, Vulpix, Totodile and Staryu using their moves to form a temporary entrance to the Crystal Tower in Movie 3.

  8. #23
    Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    216
    Blog Entries
    3

    Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Okay, Virgil using Glaceon and Espeons abilities in unison to make an ice key was pretty damn cool.

    Haven't seen that before.
    I just wonder how that ice key didn't break...you know, it's ice, and it looked really thin as well.

    Nice episode overall, loved to see these overrated foxes/whatever they are. And I don't mind seeing more Thunders, as it is my favorite eeveelution and one of my favorite Pokémon overall.

  9. #24
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    4,746
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    I'm not going to post a big episode review for this week's episode like I had in the past. Aside from the fact that the Eeveelutions were seen together at once in this episode, it hardly stood out in any way. I liked seeing Virgil use his Eeveelutions simultaneously to overcome natural and physical objects; his rescue team reminded me of what Pokemon rangers had done in AG and DP.

    The best part of this episode, imo, was that this episode was not entirely focused on Virgil, like episodes in the past had attempted to "glorify" some of Ash's other league-debuting rivals. Virgil's brother, Davey, contributed a lot in this episode as well; he was the one who had actually solved the Cryogonal crisis by using his Darmanitan to free the young Cryogonal stuck in the power plant's metal pipes.

    I would have wanted to see more episodes of Virgil commanding all of the Eevees at a team, instead of just skipping right to the league competition in which Virgil will most likely use the Eevees only in single battles. I felt bad for Leafeon, who had to be left out of both rescue missions because it wasn't going to be of much help against the Ice-type Cryogonal. We did see Zoey use a Leafeon during her battle against Nando in the Sinnoh Grand Festival, but I felt that this relatively new Eeveelution deserved a bit more screentime (unlike pokemon like the three first-gen Eeveelutions, who had plenty of episodes in the past).

    This episode was average.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajagopal90 View Post
    but stil questions remain on how Virgil wil manage to use his pokes in the league also the fact that Ash knows what pokes he will try to bring in the league but on other hand virgil doesnt know more of Ash's pokes.
    That won't make too much of a difference. Ash had already known the types of pokemon that his past opponents had used in other regional competitions, and he still lost because he had very little knowledge on what attacks and strategies those pokemon used.

    To be completely honest, Ash and Virgil only know a few attacks of certain pokemon. Ash only knows that Eevee can use Dig, Helping Hand, and Protect; Vaporeon can use Bubblebeam; Jolteon can use Thunderbolt; Flareon can use Flamethrower; Umbreon can use Flash, Psychic, and Shadow Ball; Glaceon can use Icy Wind and Ice Beam; and Espeon can use Psychic. He doesn't know what Leafeon can do considering that Virgil had not brought it along with him on either of his rescue operations in this episode. Each of Virgil's pokemon have at least one more move that they had not used, so Ash is not completely aware of the Eevees' potential.

    I say that Ash and Virgil are on even footing here. Virgil has pokemon of eight different types, and some of them (at least Eevee, Umbreon, and Vaporeon) are shown to use many moves of types different from their own. Virgil has attacking coverage on at least fifteen different types; Ash only owns one pokemon (Scraggy) that is not completely weak to any of the Eeveelution's moves (assuming Leafeon knows grass-type moves, which will cover Palpitoad's sole weakness to Grass).

    Furthermore, Virgil has excellent command over his pokemon, having raised them from when he was just a young child. From their experience in the rescue operations, Virgil s able to get the Eevees to respond quickly to his commands, and these pokemon are used to working together. His Eevee especially is able to support the other pokemon with Helping Hand and Protect. Meanwhile, very few of Ash's Unova pokemon have cooperated alongside one another on this level; at least two of them (Pignite and Oshawott) still have a feud. Ash and Virgil might be on equal footing for a single battle, but if the writers decide to incorporate double, triple, or rotational battles in this league, Virgil will definitely have an advantage over Ash.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 18th November 2012 at 05:56 PM.

  10. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Nice to see more of the Eeveelution's. Hopefully Leafeon will be used more in the league

  11. #26
    Registered User Rajagopal90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    India
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajagopal90 View Post
    but stil questions remain on how Virgil wil manage to use his pokes in the league also the fact that Ash knows what pokes he will try to bring in the league but on other hand virgil doesnt know more of Ash's pokes.
    That won't make too much of a difference. Ash had already known the types of pokemon that his past opponents had used in other regional competitions, and he still lost because he had very little knowledge on what attacks and strategies those pokemon used.

    To be completely honest, Ash and Virgil only know a few attacks of certain pokemon. Ash only knows that Eevee can use Dig, Helping Hand, and Protect; Vaporeon can use Bubblebeam; Jolteon can use Thunderbolt; Flareon can use Flamethrower; Umbreon can use Flash, Psychic, and Shadow Ball; Glaceon can use Icy Wind and Ice Beam; and Espeon can use Psychic. He doesn't know what Leafeon can do considering that Virgil had not brought it along with him on either of his rescue operations in this episode. Each of Virgil's pokemon have at least one more move that they had not used, so Ash is not completely aware of the Eevees' potential.

    I say that Ash and Virgil are on even footing here. Virgil has pokemon of eight different types, and some of them (at least Eevee, Umbreon, and Vaporeon) are shown to use many moves of types different from their own. Virgil has attacking coverage on at least fifteen different types; Ash only owns one pokemon (Scraggy) that is not completely weak to any of the Eeveelution's moves (assuming Leafeon knows grass-type moves, which will cover Palpitoad's sole weakness to Grass).

    Furthermore, Virgil has excellent command over his pokemon, having raised them from when he was just a young child. From their experience in the rescue operations, Virgil s able to get the Eevees to respond quickly to his commands, and these pokemon are used to working together. His Eevee especially is able to support the other pokemon with Helping Hand and Protect. Meanwhile, very few of Ash's Unova pokemon have cooperated alongside one another on this level; at least two of them (Pignite and Oshawott) still have a feud. Ash and Virgil might be on equal footing for a single battle, but if the writers decide to incorporate double, triple, or rotational battles in this league, Virgil will definitely have an advantage over Ash.
    I am contradicting 2 of your points.
    1. Ash doesnt knew entirely about Harrison,Tyson,Paul and Tobias pokes(exceptions: Ritchie,Gary,Morrison).
    Harrison-Blaziken(Gen III used in Gen II)
    Tyson-Metagross,Meowth(Ash doesnt know much about both)
    Paul-Ninjask,Froslass(both out of the box)
    Tobias-Latios.
    I honestly accept your point even if he knows abt rivals pokemon attacks nd strategies its hard to manage a win.
    2. Other than Hoenn we havent seen double battles in the league. So its a matter of question on how Virgil wil adopt to single battles.. Double battles in Unova may be highly doubtful but u cant put anything out of frame as this series ""Best Wishes"" seems very unpredictable.

  12. #27
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,080
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    To be fair we saw paul capture ninjask onscreen so that was explainable. Although I thought torterra over drapion would have worked better. They could have still given gliscor the moment of glory and we can see how badly ash fails at using torterra so it was a win win.

    Also I just saw this ep in its entirety and I loved it, Virgil seems like a more mature and less impulsive trainer than any of Ash's rivals. The heighet difference will also play a huge role as well. And so I thought eevee was the mascot but then it turned out eevee was just the little kid of the team who is trying to prove itself lol.

  13. #28
    Prepared for any diluve Metan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    Okay, Virgil using Glaceon and Espeons abilities in unison to make an ice key was pretty damn cool.

    Haven't seen that before.
    Reminded me of Cyndaquil, Totodile and Bayleef working together to break chains or w/e with flamethrower + water gun + vine whip.

    Also, the fact that Eevee used Helping Hand made me think if the 6x6 would feature double/triple/rotation battle.

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    241
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    This episode was average

  15. #30
    G50
    G50 is offline
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,786
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BW102: "Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!"

    This episode received a 5.8 rating.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 3rd March 2013, 02:46 PM
  2. 15th November 2012, 05:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •