Blog Entries

Default BW057 "Strange Hero A☆Gilder VS Freegeoman!" Review Thread

Strange Hero A☆Gilder VS Freegeoman!

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
    Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
    Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga
    Animation director - Kunihiko Natsume

Satoshi and friends finally reach Hodomoe City! Satoshi immediately races off to challenge Yacon to a battle, but he says he can't…

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW057 "Strange Hero A☆Gilder VS Freegeoman!" Review Thread

Oh, Charles. Why did they have to turn you into a Superhero?

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I was surprised to see Yacon in this episode! I thought he wasn't appearing until the gym, must have missed that memo. I love how "lol nope.avi" he was.

Episode was fun to watch, those guys in the cold storage had creepy Vanipeti costumes O__o Idk, it was an interesting take on Charles. I was hoping for something with the rotation battles/triple battles before this episode was revealed, surprised to see him worked in to the anime at all, really.

Really like the Rocket scenes, they looked awesome, and that foreshadowing at the end was very interesting.

Dento going in to SPARKLE MODE GKLJASGSALDKJGGKLJ

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

This was a really fun episode. I loved the ridiculous villains and their absurd plan to befriend all the Vanipetit in the Isshu region with frozen foods.

What's Vanipetit's English name again? I can't imagine the dub will be able to capture the hilarity of the henchmen going "Vani Vani Vani~!" all the time.

And good God, that Rocket-Dan scene was out of place. They really should have stuck it to the end of the episode instead of awkwardly shoehorning it into the middle of the A*Gilder storyline the way they did.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    This was a really fun episode. I loved the ridiculous villains and their absurd plan to befriend all the Vanipetit in the Isshu region with frozen foods.

What's Vanipetit's English name again? I can't imagine the dub will be able to capture the hilarity of the henchmen going "Vani Vani Vani~!" all the time.

And good God, that Rocket-Dan scene was out of place. They really should have stuck it to the end of the episode instead of awkwardly shoehorning it into the middle of the A*Gilder storyline the way they did.
    It's Vanillite. So I guess they can still use it...

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Good episode with good animation, kyu. Tepig was in it, we had floating ice cream, and ~~masks~~ It was just missing a little something to spice derp things up, kyu. (Yes, I'm still going on about it, kyu.)

And I was surprised. All along, I thought Luke or Swadloon was A*Glider. And it was Charles? What? Blew my mind, man, kyu.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

追放されたバカ

He was a heartbreaker...his name, was Charles...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great episode, Accelgor, and some form of Cryogonal...WOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHWOOOOOOHHHHHHWWWOOOOOHHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    An out-of-place, intrusive and unneeded Rocket scene in BW? What are the odds?

Blog Entries

Really? Befriend the Vanillite with frozen food? That sounds like something Meowth would come up with in a boss fantasy. Anyway, this looks like fun, and it's the triple battle guy? Wow, that's an interesting game reference.
    Bandit Keith likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Wow, they're already in Driftveil? This gap only lasted about 8 episodes this time, compared with the (I wanna say) 25 it took to get from Castelia to Nimbasa. Since I only saw the screencaps, can anyone tell me why Clay won't battle with Ash, or what this whole skirmish with those Vanillite goons was about?

Y Rotation Team

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

And just think, if Team Rocket wasn't doing serious genie business, Guyogonal and his henchcicles would've never existed. I think it's a nice fresh breath of air to have new minor villains (dare I say, VOTD) after having Team Rocket shoved in our faces for over a decade.

I only looked at pictures from the episode, but why is their logo a Vanilite with a "No" sign on it? I thought they were "for" those living ice creams? :V

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

Ducklett with shades= highlight of the episode

Blog Entries

Though this was a really good episode and as said above, the villians were hilarious with their intended goal.

Blog Entries

Saw the episode. It was good, funny at times and nonsensical, which I liked. Not necessarily an awesome or overall memorable episode, but solid and gets the job done.

Good Points

+ Funny CotD galore. Charles as an accident prone superhero, his love interest whose name escapes me, the two hilarious henchmen that made me go wtf and Snowflake men all served their purpose. They were effective and funny. The bad guys' plan reeks of awesomeness Screw Team Plasma, bring back these guys. XD

+ Dent getting his sparklez on. That was just a pure moment of awesome. I liked how upbeat he was in this episode and he had several scenes that made me smile.

+ Satoshi not getting it. I actually liked it, I liked that he was so oblivious to things and his reactions were priceless in this episode.

Lukewarm

- Pokémon. They were really kinda light on personality in this episode, across the board. I kinda wish we'd seen maybe a bit more interaction between the pokémon and the humans here, and more distinctive traits for the pokémon on the main cast. Still, it didn't really affect the episode negatively.

- Iris. She was there but didn't really bring anything to table, nor did she bring down the episode.

- Team Rocket. Bland, Bland, Bland, but that last shot has me intrigued a bit.

- I'm glad the otter appeared because I kinda feel he's been neglected as of late, but I felt a bit underwhelmed by what the writers did with him.

Bad

- Yacon. Obligatory introduction here, but it was the most boring part of the episode. It didn't leave me wanting to see more of Yacon or look foward to his battle with Satoshi

I know it's been asked already, but what's the reason that Yacon wouldn't battle Satoshi?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)