REVIEW: BW056 "Iris and Monozu! Day Care Training!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: BW056 "Iris and Monozu! Day Care Training!!" Review Thread

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW056 "Iris and Monozu! Day Care Training!!" Review Thread

I'm not surprised that Iris didn't catch Deino, and am not too bothered either. Even though that might mean that this could have been a missed oportunity for Iris to be able to experence character growth. Interesting to see another flashback involving her though. Apparently that was a reminder of her dream? I can agree with those who are glad that Iris didn't get so glorified in this episode, but I do think this was also a wasted chance to develop her, since it kinda does make her bonding with another Dragon-type pointless.

Good also to see Cilan doing some battle training -not that that's part of his character or anything- but it's still nice to see once in a while. And Team Rocket's involved in another scheme. That's good. So hopfully whatever they're up to will be handled well.

Overall though, it's still a fairly average episode.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 25th November 2011 at 02:14 AM.

I think the episode was cute, but her goal is to become a Dragon Master but the stupid writers keep doing things their own way.How can she become a Dragon Master while only having a stupid Axew that probably wont evolve like Piplup and having Excadrill and Emolga that are not Dragon Types.Since Iris's goal is similar to Misty's focusing on training types they specialize in. Misty has the knowledge and the Pokemon that will get her to become a Water Pokemon Master while Iris only has the knowledge but not the Pokemon necessary to become a Dragon Master.If she had Pokemon like Krookodile or Archeops that can learn Dragon Types moves thats another story.

Quote Originally Posted by toadma View Post
    I think the episode was cute, but her goal is to become a Dragon Master but the stupid writers keep doing things their own way.How can she become a Dragon Master while only having a stupid Axew that probably wont evolve like Piplup and having Excadrill and Emolga that are not Dragon Types.Since Iris's goal is similar to Misty's focusing on training types they specialize in. Misty has the knowledge and the Pokemon that will get her to become a Water Pokemon Master while Iris only has the knowledge but not the Pokemon necessary to become a Dragon Master.If she had Pokemon like Krookodile or Archeops that can learn Dragon Types moves thats another story.
    You're right. It would have been cool if she could catch Pokemon that could learn dragon type moves and to put them into good use. At least then, it would seem like she's doing something when she's not catching dragons.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since Iris's goal is similar to Misty's focusing on training types they specialize in. Misty has the knowledge and the Pokemon that will get her to become a Water Pokemon Master while Iris only has the knowledge but not the Pokemon necessary to become a Dragon Master.If she had Pokemon like Krookodile or Archeops that can learn Dragon Types moves thats another story.
    I don't see how Misty is any closer to her water pokemon master goal than Iris. Owning a ton of water pokemon means nothing if she has no special skills with them.

Iris may not need any other dragons, she'll probably just show Axew to her dragon village.

they re used an old minor character !! :D did anyone notice that !!

I like the animation of this episode,to bad iris didn't catch that Monozu,there are only three dragon types in this generation and she've got only one,I think she will get the other two some day.

in kanto most of pokemon were water types(about 45-50),so Misty had lots of pokemon to choose from,while here we've got only 3,and 2 out of them have an evolutions,so it was a stupid idea to make iris an dragon type trainer while there are only 3 to capture,maybe there will be more dragon types to capture later on.
    Last edited by alypkm; 25th November 2011 at 12:02 PM.

********PIKACHU I LOVE U************

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's nice to see a cameo of the Chargestone Cave in the anime. Writers, please don't skip Ash and co. travelling through there in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by alypkm View Post
    I like the animation of this episode,to bad iris didn't catch that Monozu,there are only three dragon types in this generation and she've got only one,I think she will get the other two some day.
    All three of the Deino belonged to other trainers. Ash and Iris were unable to catch those Pokemon with their own Poke Balls at the beginning of the episode so they understood that these pokemon were already caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't see how Misty is any closer to her water pokemon master goal than Iris. Owning a ton of water pokemon means nothing if she has no special skills with them.

Iris may not need any other dragons, she'll probably just show Axew to her dragon village.
    Is the same stupid goal while misty trains water pokemon iris trains dragon pokemon.In the Original series Misty did not received episodes like Iris has because they always waste their time with stupid minor characters that know one cares about.And yes Misty has tons a water pokemon not the best team but she has the pokemon that can get her to her dreams.Iris only owns a stupid Axew that does not stand against Alder's Haxorus.Like her new rival Georgia ask if she had another dragon type to battle her and Cilan said that Axew as her only Dragon type.Like Lance or Clair they also have pokemon that look like dragons like aerodactyl or Gyarados and can learn dragon types moves.We have more Pokemon in generation 5 than in generation 1 that means more options of better pokemon for the characters instead of given pokemon that other Unova gym leaders have.Like Dawn they are treating Iris bad.Deino is a pokemon that is not easy to handle but sense the anime is all about happy ever after of course Deino is like all pokemon tools that when the series comes to end the pokemon or the characters dont returned again to the anime.

they re used an old minor character !! :D did anyone notice that !!

in kanto most of pokemon were water types(about 45-50),so Misty had lots of pokemon to choose from,while here we've got only 3,and 2 out of them have an evolutions,so it was a stupid idea to make iris an dragon type trainer while there are only 3 to capture,maybe there will be more dragon types to capture later on.

Like I said Iris does not need to have all one type pokemon on her team like misty.Is true that there are a lot of water pokemon than dragon pokemon but there are also pokemon that can learn dragon types moves and also being part of the dragon group.Emolga and Excadrill dont fit in any of this I am saying.If it were Kanto is a little bit more understanding since there was only one dragon type at the moment.But here we have 3 dragon types other option could be like Eelektross,Krookodile,Archeops and many more.I dont think Excadrill cannot learn even dragon claw what use it will have in Iris dream of becoming a Dragon Master the same goes for Emolga.
    Last edited by Iteru; 25th November 2011 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    It's nice to see a cameo of the Chargestone Cave in the anime. Writers, please don't skip Ash and co. travelling through there in the near future!

All three of the Deino belonged to other trainers. Ash and Iris were unable to catch those Pokemon with their own Poke Balls at the beginning of the episode so they understood that these pokemon were already caught.
    I know that already.

Like I said Iris does not need to have all one type pokemon on her team like misty.Is true that there are a lot of water pokemon than dragon pokemon but there are also pokemon that can learn dragon types moves and also being part of the dragon group.Emolga and Excadrill dont fit in any of this I am saying.If it were Kanto is a little bit more understanding since there was only one dragon type at the moment.But here we have 3 dragon types other option could be like Eelektross,Krookodile,Archeops and many more.I dont think Excadrill cannot learn even dragon claw what use it will have in Iris dream of becoming a Dragon Master the same goes for Emolga.

I think iris got drillbur before deciding to be a dragon master,so we can count this as an exception,while emolga....eh !? :@
    still heaving 3 pokemon isn't much,she needs more.

I know that already.

I think iris got drillbur before deciding to be a dragon master,so we can count this as an exception,while emolga....eh !? :@
    still heaving 3 pokemon isn't much,she needs more.
    I think so too but why give her drillbur instead of a dragon type just saying.Excadrill
    and emolga have great personalities better than pikachu there also great pokemon.That is why Bianca was a better option to travel with ash than Iris.

I think so too but why give her drillbur instead of a dragon type just saying.Excadrill
    and emolga have great personalities better than pikachu there also great pokemon.That is why Bianca was a better option to travel with ash than Iris.
    If iris was handled properly(as it should) it would have been the best traveler ash ever had,but they managed to make us lose our interest in her by making her anouying instead of crazy and wild,and having a dream that does not fit with the generation.

bianca can't be a travel companion of Ash because she is a pokemon trainer and is aiming to battle gym leaders and enter the league.

If iris was handled properly(as it should) it would have been the best traveler ash ever had,but they managed to make us lose our interest in her by making her anouying instead of crazy and wild,and having a dream that does not fit with the generation.

bianca can't be a travel companion of Ash because she is a pokemon trainer and is aiming to battle gym leaders and enter the league.
    Thats my point since dawn left the series is only ash doing everything I can understand maybe contests are not held there.But repeating every series the same thing over an over is getting tired.If they didnt want to put Hilda in the anime they could have put bianca and made the a little more interesting both of them challenging gyms is something that could have giving us a better episodes.This could have been a replacement for contests in the anime if you know what I mean?

Like something new.
    Last edited by toadma; 25th November 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Starting to get a bit offtopic now. Let's just stick to the events of BW56 as this is the BW56 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
    Starting to get a bit offtopic now. Let's just stick to the events of BW56 as this is the BW56 thread.
    Last edited by toadma; 30th November 2011 at 10:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

This episode was exceptionally, wasn't really anything to write home about but, a great dynamite episode all the same.

Best part of this episode for me for obvious...

-Iris, she got unexpected growth in this episode, something I really wasn't expecting. Though, it was small, it's something to consider and like. I really like how she went two full nights just to get Monozu's attention, she did all that just to help it and make it feel better. Iris shouldn't have gotten so friendly around a Pokemon belonging to another trainer, and in the end things didn't end in sunshine and happiness for her, the trainer came back and he was a fairly nice guy and he took Monozu away and showed the reason he wasn't there was because he got lost. So, in the end Iris, didn't get what she wanted. Iris defiantly learned a nice little lesson. This in particular isn't a bad thing, but regardless she worked hard and tried hard to show that she cared, and that care whether Iris wanted to admit it or not was because she wanted Monozu at some point, and also because of her goal. This episode also showed that Iris still has a long way to go on her path to becoming a Dragon Master. Iris also lecturing the wrong trainer was funny, and her not be able to lecture Monozu's real trainer since he did nothing wrong. Taking, Monozu vine swinging and bonding with it was sweet.

-Flashbacks, this episode were great, it's like we're building a puzzle. I love how in every Iris episode we get a flashback to her past, and what happened during her life in the Dragon Village. Well, I really liked this flashback. The rampaging Kurimugan causing trouble, and scarying the Onondo out of it's wits. Iris's Village matriarch goes and calms down the rampaging Pokemon, and she does it by "knowing it's heart", (or some shit like that). Knowing, a Dragons heart is apparently fairly more difficult then it's made out to be. Obaba, is the one who works hard and strives to calm it down and understand it's feelings. This of course inspires Iris further. Being, strong enough and caring enough to try to understand a very angry Dragon beast shows how mature and advanced the elder is.

-Monozu, was great. It had a nice personality. Surprisingly a cute voice. I like how it took Iris to tell her story about the rampaging Kurimugan, before Monozu could really even come out of it's shell to Iris. The Elder sort of helped out Iris, there with that story which inspired her and helped her help Monozu. It was sweet how in the end the trainer turned out to be a nice guy. Her trying to the Pokemon food to show it's nothing bad was cute, haha I wouldn't try my dog's dog food. Reminded me of Brock and made me smile a little. After two whole days Monozu finally ate. Her willing to stay to wait for the trainer.

-Friends. Dento, yep Dento being in such pain after all that manual labor was fairly funny actually. And his interactions with Bobby. Same thing with Satoshi and how he helped out at the daycare. I thought it was really really sweet and cute how they eavesdrop on Iris and Monozu's conversation. They both have such serious expressions on their faces, but then in the end their so happy and glad for their friend. Satoshi and Iris attempting to have a double capture was cute. Them saying they would stay with Iris. Satoshi at least training his Pokemon was nice to see.

-Bobby, was a pretty nice character of the day. He did show he works hard day in and day out and is a fairly nice character. And his comedy scene with the muscle flexing was funny.

-Kibago, loved how he was helpful with helping Monozu and supporting Iris throughout the episode. I liked how he really listened to Iris's story. I thought it was cute, how at the end he was so fired up and pumped to help Iris achieve her goal, or should I say their goal. And how the path to becoming a Dragon Master is going to be long, but Kibago is willing to help Iris all the way.

Blog Entries

Not even going to bother watching this episode... I'm done with Best Wishes. Every heroine is the same they are never "good enough" as the one before them to someone it seems like every episode Iris gets half of the people complain about no matter what she does or development she gets, I'm trying not to complain and I'm trying not to insult anyone but it seems like in every episode review thread Cilan gets this glorification like he's a god even if he doesn't do anything I'm not saying your not allowed to like him anymore I'm just stating my opinion. The only good thing out of this episode was seeing Swadloon again even if it was only for a brief amount of time. If I get infracted for "bashing or complaining" then go ahead I'm stating my opinion and if I'm not allowed to do that then it's unfair. Let me know when this series ifs over
    Bubble Frog and toadma like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)