PREVIEW: BW019 - Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai vs Futachimaru!! - Page 5

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BW019 - Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai vs Futachimaru!!

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW019 - Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai vs Futachimaru!!

In regards to the whole pokemon battling thing and how it could relate to being a pokemon sommelier, here are my two cents on the issue:

One of the aspects of being a sommelier requires you to be able to "taste" (or "sense" since I'm sure that sounds a bit creepy for some of you :P) the relationship between pokemon and their trainers. So, I guess that means that they could also sense which moves the pokemon is most comfortable using or would produce the strongest results? I mean, perhaps that's why Dent was fanboying all over Ash after his win :P

Basically, the one with the better "tasting" skills would win the battle under certain circumstances?

Crazy speculation, I know~

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but in the games, you'd have to face off Dent if you chose an Oshawott as your starter. Hahaha...

*brick'd for obviousness*

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    You mean you can see the future and you know Miju isn't going to evolve by the end of the series? Dude, teach me how to do that.
    Just because someone has been giving an excuse doesn't mean they are going to use it.

For example: A guy murders my hypothetical wife, and I chase after him and a car flips and lands on top of him, and I'm the only one who can save his sorry ass. By killing my wife, he has given me an excuse not to save him, and I could just walk away. But is that guaranteed to happen? Maybe I'll just save his sorry ass just to beat the crap out of him? Maybe I'll actually show him mercy when he showed my wife none.

A harsh example but it proves my point. I didn't say "Oshawott was NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER, going to evolve, or I've seen the future and all I see is Oshawott" I'll I said was showing constant Futachimaru just gives the writers and excuse not to evolve Oshawott, whether they act upon that excuse is unknown.

Oshawott could evolve, very well could. But seeing as how none of the starters are evolving by the first movie (if merchandise is anything to go by), and they start shoving Futachimaru down our throats makes it seem likely that Oshawott won't evolve. Not to mention we've already seen Oshawott have a "dislike" to Futachimaru, similar to Buizel (which is probably why Buizel didn't evolve).

At the very least I don't see a point in Futachimaru outside of its the only decent water Pokemon they would want to use against Ishizumai (oh sure Pururill can only be seen from Shooti's team *rolls eyes*. Though I fail to see why Ishizumai needs to battle a water type Pokemon. Oh right what about Panpour? That's also a water type. Why not it?

Because it's the only type it's weak against Wrong, it's weak to rock types as well. But then again Ishizumai is the only rock Pokemon that has debuted in the anime. Couldn't it have at least been Oshawott, I would've loved to see Ash's Oshawott interacting with another Oshawott, maybe it would've been a female one with a ribbon on its head.

Oh well I guess it had to be a Dento episode and it for some reason had to be Futachimaru. Sure Futachimaru is AWESOME, I'll agree, but you know what would've been awesomer (yes I know; more awesome)? Ash's FUTACHIMARU. But oh well.

Blog Entries

More Sommelier goodness? Hells yeah! And I was wondering where out little hermit crab friend had gotten to...

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Is it too early to coin CabernetShipping? (Dent x rival sommelier) ;P
    Like there's such a thing as 'too soon' in the shipping world. =P Just because I said that means I'll probably liking this ship later.

- Dento being bitchy for a change. Or general bitchiness. Rivalries are always more fun this way.
    Let me picture that. Hmm... Cattiness from Dent? Yes, please! Although I'd imagine any potential bitchiness will be on Cabernet's side.
    Last edited by Crysta Blade; 21st January 2011 at 10:08 AM.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

This causes me to have extreme excitement. Dent-centric anything? Yes please! And I want to know more about this rival sommelier. I already know he/she will never be as fabulous as Dent, though
    :: pc profile :: blog ::

"I have no use for people who have learned
    the limits of the possible."
    - Leonard da Quirm

Blog Entries

Wow, Dman, that's a really extreme metaphor...

But yeah, I don't think that this puts the Oshawott line in extreme jeopardy...I mean, how many times did we see infernape in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Crysta Blade View Post
    Let me picture that. Hmm... Cattiness from Dent? Yes, please! Although I'd imagine any potential bitchiness will be on Cabernet's side.
    Yeah! If the rival is an Ursula-type character, I'll ship like crazy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Smartsies View Post
    This causes me to have extreme excitement. Dent-centric anything? Yes please! And I want to know more about this rival sommelier. I already know he/she will never be as fabulous as Dent, though
    I'm excited he's finally getting an episode all to himself~ (Hopefully, unless Iris/Ash have some sort of side quest). If we're lucky, maybe we'll get an explanation as to why he became a sommelier in the first place or his backstory in general.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

This reminds of that poke friendship checker early on in DP. Haha.
    I wonder what a sommelier really is. I guess it'd be cool to be expanded on, because at the moment the way I see it to be a good pokemon sommelier, you just kinda have to go around places like the new cotd.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Man, all these fan-girls are just coming over this thread.

But yeah, should be an interesting episode. Now fingers crossed for the next Iris episode! :|

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Not to mention we've already seen Oshawott have a "dislike" to Futachimaru, similar to Buizel (which is probably why Buizel didn't evolve).
    What dislike? What I saw was Osha being like "Oh *bleep*" and letting Pika handle it.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Hopefully, Dento does another "It's Tasting Time" again. And this episode better have a ton of sparkles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Well, it's to be expected I guess :D

It's Fishing Time~ JennaJayfeather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

EEK!~ Dento-centered episode AND Ishizumai!~~ I AM HAPPY. (DENTO BEAT THAT LICENSED SOMMELIER!!!!) personally I will lol if Dento wasn't licensed. He's just self-proclaimed, but he does it great!!

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Hopefully, Dento does another "It's Tasting Time" again. And this episode better have a ton of sparkles.
    :D I was just going to say this XDDDDD

TT_TT Why does this episode have to be so long away :<
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 21st January 2011 at 11:26 AM.

I'm excited he's finally getting an episode all to himself~ (Hopefully, unless Iris/Ash have some sort of side quest). If we're lucky, maybe we'll get an explanation as to why he became a sommelier in the first place or his backstory in general.
    That would be awesome. Character depth, yay~
    Maybe he became a sommelier to differentiate him from his brothers.

o_O
    :: pc profile :: blog ::

"I have no use for people who have learned
    the limits of the possible."
    - Leonard da Quirm

8D

Yay! A Dento episode! It's so awesome to see an episode that's focused on him. And not to mention, it's Dwebble that this episode is focusing on. Great! Kaberune sounds interesting and it'd be cool to see his/her battle with Dento.

As for the whole Dewott appearing thing. I don't think this means Ash's Oshawott won't evolve (or at least no one should worry about that yet). I mean Kaberune has a chance of being a COTD (most likely), we've seen plenty of starter evos before they happened on Ash's team, and Kaberune is part of Dento's goal, not Ash's. Ash would need a starter evo by the league and with Shooti and Bianca having a starter evo most likely by that time, Samurott's definitely a possibility for Ash's team. So no need to freak out about this too much.

I'm just happy to see Dento's Dwebble get some focus and hopefully we can await more Dento-centric episodes in the future.

Blog Entries

Don't discriminate! You're leaving out the Dento fanboys ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    EEK!~ Dento-centered episode AND Ishizumai!~~ I AM HAPPY. (DENTO BEAT THAT LICENSED SOMMELIER!!!!) personally I will lol if Dento wasn't licensed. He's just self-proclaimed, but he does it great!!
    You know, since his official profession is that of a gym leader, it would be pretty funny if he's just self-proclaimed XD

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Smartsies View Post
    That would be awesome. Character depth, yay~
    Maybe he became a sommelier to differentiate him from his brothers.
    That's an interesting concept...But something tells me that he became a sommelier just for the hell of it XD I dunno, any sort of deep, emotional or gaggy reason would be appealing as well. Perhaps his parent(s) were sommeliers?

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    ...I hear Futachimaru goes well with clams. Ha-cha-cha!
    Someone do me a favour and remind me to drew some Dent fanart one of these days, 'k?
    I'd love that :D

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

OH MY FUCKING ARCEUS A DENTO EPISODE sfhhdlkDDSKFLJASF;SDF

*ahem* excuse me. But, yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for a while! If we're lucky, maybe Dent's "rival" can be a reoccurring character? I dunno. But A futachimaru really fits the sommelier type imo ;)

I honestly don't know if they're going to explain the profession thoroughly, but at least this will give us criteria for comparison...I hope. Dento's better, psshh
    All i gotta say is

AH, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

looks like Dentron won't be treated like crap ala DP-Brock

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nobody is doubting that several of Ash's pokemon evolved well after they have debuted in the anime.

This includes Krabby, Chikorita, Cyndaquil (after a long time), Phanpy (there were several Donphan in AG), Treecko/Grovyle (in both instances of evolution), Gliscor, Staravia, Monferno, and Torterra. In several of these cases, Ash battles the evolved pokemon before his pokemon evolves to that stage.

Ash did battle a Futachimaru briefly in this series (Episode 4).

We know that this Futachimaru won't belong to Ash, since his Mijumaru will appear in a future episode.

Fans assume that Ash's Mijumaru's antics won't be able to continue should he evolve into a more serious/adult stage.

I don't think it is a coincidence that a Futachimaru will appear in this episode when we have so many Gen V pokemon that had not debuted in the anime yet.

Maybe that *could* lead to the writers deciding to go against Mijumaru's evolution, or not. Maybe the writers decided to not give Ash a rival with a Futachimaru so they decide to insert the pokemon here?

Anyways, I am glad Dent is actually battling alongside his Ishizumai. Up until this point, I felt that the Ishizumai was only caught because of its short-lived friendship with Dent's Pansage. Maybe now we can finally see what kind of "taste" Dent and his Ishizumai have. You know, the same Ishizumai that refused to allow Ash and co. to assist it in battling for its shell back.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast