Blog Entries

Default BW 91 "Power Battle! Iris VS Hikari!!"

BW91 - Power Battle! Iris vs Hikari!!!"

Animation - Team Kato
    Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
    Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
    Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga
    Animation director - Kunihiko Natsume

The Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup continues! Satoshi, Iris, Dent, Shooty and Hikari have all passed through the first round and look to make it through the second. With Iris facing Hikari, will her disobeying Kairyu be able to overpower Mammoo?

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 91 "Power Battle! Iris VS Hikari!!"

Pretty awesome battle.

Good job, Iris. Your Dragonite now has my respect.

Dragon Rush's new animation was actually nice looking. Unlike Axew's Dragon Rage.

Lame lamer lamest! ohhhhh! How disappointed am I!? the only good thing is Dragon rush-rage animation!?
    the way Dragonite handels Ice type moves, : shame : ! XD I really don't get how Krokorok should defeat it! Krokorok isn't that strong!

This is so rushed! ANd how easy did Shooti won against Cilan! :double Shame:

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

There were only a few good things about this episode. The greatest had to be all the Langley/Cabernet interaction. The other was Maggyo finally winning a battle. Too bad it was only for like one second... The rest I didn't much care for.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Pretty enjoyable episode dispite the pacing problems but what got me confused was the soundtrack, 2 of the same soundtracks got repeated more then once and i realised how the music side of the show has dropped since sinnoh. :|
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Moe
    Blog Entries

As usual the interaction between Burgundy and Georgia made this episode- their faces also summarise most of my views on this episode.

Dragonite keeps being unnecessarily powerful - though flipping Mamoswine and the Dragon Rush were great. Dragonite's win was believable - Dragonite got in some powerful and effective attacks to win, but I can't get passed thinking how little Iris did in the battle to shape her win. At least this week she didn't gloat about it.

I can't understand why so many of these battles start out with using Hidden Power - sure it gives the animators a chance to overuse those ball attacks - but it makes no sense, they don't ever do any obvious damage and it just takes up time in the battle. Do we even know what type any of these Hidden Powers are? Should we assume green ball = grass?

Something I found odd was the screen showing highlights of the Don Battle - did they get that footage off Luke, or was his role in that tournament redundant by everything being filmed regardless? If so - why doesn't Trip just replay the videos of the matches instead of taking photos? It just furthers the disconnect with this tournament, the characters are supposed to be important enough that they do research on their titles, get archival footage of them battling, etc - but every COTD fell in one shot (well I suppose the battles are theoretically longer), which hardly sets a strong standard of the tournament as a whole.

The other question is over the order of sending Pokemon out - ignoring the fact that every type advantage so far has lost - is that whoever sends their Pokemon out second is at a natural advantage, and there seems to be nothing like a coin toss or randomising to avoid that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24207657.jpg   23530800.jpg   23265708.jpg  

Blog Entries

Geoigia has a pokedex?

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-Boldore had a battle. Great, really pleased that he can battle and doesn't have to win by evolution
    -Stunkfish won. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Finally
    -Crustle lost.
    -FRENZY PLANT?! I was really surprised by that.
    -I didn't actually watch the episode so I don't know how long the battles actually were, but I'm guessing the CoTD ones were short.
    -I'm so happy that Cilan made it past Round 2, just because he never has.
    -Apparently Dragonite's battle exceeded expectations.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

So Cynthia is actually the one to help Iris with Dragonite. I wonder what was up with that scene between Cynthia and Trip.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I love Iris' dragonite Dragon Rush

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I honestly don't care that Dragonite destroyed another Ice type since I know that it will eventually lose, it's Serperior's defeat of another Fire type and then a Bug type that's annoying me a little bit now. Screw Deux Eu Dragona, this is Deux Eu Serpenta...

If Serperior had Aqua Tail by then the battles would have been easier to stomach, but Frenzy Plant? Really? He really is a Paul clone!
    8ther likes this.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Truly this here was the most glorious moment of the episode (it doesn't matter just how brief it was):

From that as well as Dent making it to the semi-finals, my lack of interest with this arc perked up a bit.

The banter between Cabernet and Langley was brilliant, the expressions those girls made just added to it.

I am glad Dent used Iwapalace in the semis as using his toughest battler helped built up Jalorda's strength.
    martianmister likes this.

if Georgia has a pokedex then maybe that means she is a badge collector
    Fav Ships: PalletShipping AdvancedShipping CafeMochaShipping PearlShipping ComaShipping CollideShipping RespectShipping

Blog Entries

Judging only by the images from Filb, it seems like Dragonite still is disobeying Iris. Can someone confirm that?

I really, really hope that's the case.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Moe
    Blog Entries

The stuff with Cynthia seemed to just calm Dragonite down - she seemed to just be giving a 'humans are friends with Pokemon' talk to calm down it's anger.

Dragonite didn't seem to do anything Iris asked, but the battle ended when Dragonite seemed to respond to Iris' warning about the ice it was collecting from Mamoswine's tusks - which resulted in it going up to the sunlight, the ice melting and then the winning Dragon Rush. So in a way it was starting to acknowledge Iris towards the end, which means it might start obeying a bit more next battle based on the small amount of trust you could infer from how the battle ended.

There's certainly some difference between the first battle and this one - Dragonite wasn't going out of control, it was just being stubborn.

At least that's how I see it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 23rd August 2012, 05:26 AM