REVIEW: BW 110 "A Friend...His Name is N!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 110 "A Friend...His Name is N!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 110 "A Friend...His Name is N!"

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Neither happens every week.
    Well obviously not literally every week, but they are using those plots way too often in recent and the known future episodes, when one of the good aspects of BW to date was the lack of the repetitive Team Rocket Pokemon-theft segments, and I thought that we got past the baby-Axew stuff once it learnt Dragon Rage.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Neither happens every week.
    Well obviously not literally every week, but they are using those plots way too often in recent and the known future episodes, when one of the good aspects of BW to date was the lack of the repetitive Team Rocket Pokemon-theft segments, and I thought that we got past the baby-Axew stuff once it learnt Dragon Rage.
    That's just Kibago's personalities. He will always act like that, because his personality is meant to be that of a young child. Just like Zuruggu will never learn not to be hard-headed or Mijumaru will never lose his somewhat cocky personality.

Well obviously not literally every week, but they are using those plots way too often in recent and the known future episodes, when one of the good aspects of BW to date was the lack of the repetitive Team Rocket Pokemon-theft segments,
    Well what else are the TRio supposed to do until Plasma gets here? It's not like we even see them every week.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

They could convince the animators to give them new motto animation, for starters.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

Blog Entries

Well what else are the TRio supposed to do until Plasma gets here? It's not like we even see them every week.
    Something that would suggest they have an actual mission to achieve now? If they were trailing Ash to hope to be led to Reshiram or something, then why make yourself visible by attempting to steal Pikachu? If they are trying to find out information on Team Plasma, why are they wasting their time stalking Ash?

Instead it just comes off as trying to fill in time in an episode by using the same recycled plot.

Does anyone know N's age. Dogasu calls him boy in the summary, but he looks older.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SatoshiKun View Post
    Does anyone know N's age. Dogasu calls him boy in the summary, but he looks older.
    He's referred to as a boy in the game as well, not that being called a boy really is a huge indicator of age. Most likely around 17 if I had to guess.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I suppose "young man" would be a better translation of seinen (青年).
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

This saga is off to a slow start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    He's referred to as a boy in the game as well,
    When was he referred to as a boy? Ghetsis called him a good-for-nothing boy, but he was mocking him. I think that N was at least 18 in Black and White, making him at least 20 in the sequels.

He isn't much taller than Cilan, so he could be 16 or 17. Oh, and what was with that pose he did as he ran to block shadow ball? Dramatic much?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    When was he referred to as a boy? Ghetsis called him a good-for-nothing boy, but he was mocking him. I think that N was at least 18 in Black and White, making him at least 20 in the sequels.
    Could have sworn Alder called him a boy during the speech being given at Opelucid City by Ghetsis.

Quote Originally Posted by SatoshiKun View Post
    He isn't much taller than Cilan, so he could be 16 or 17.
    N is clearly as tall as most adults characters on the show, if not taller. We know from Game Freak's documents that his height is supposed to be 1.80m (5'11"), and he didn't seem to have grown in the two years between the games.

Cilan himself is rather tall, which makes sense since some 15 year old teenagers are close to their final height.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika
    Could have sworn Alder called him a boy during the speech being given at Opelucid City by Ghetsis.
    He called him a trainer.

Blog Entries

Looking at the screencaps and I don't know if I'm looking at this right but does N's right arm look a little...broken to anyone else?

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    My Dangan Ronpa sprites are also available in avatar size!
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!

What did N say about Reshiram and Zekrom, anyway?

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Instead it just comes off as trying to fill in time in an episode by using the same recycled plot.
    I really didn't mind the plot of Team Rocket trying to steal Pikachu again in this episode, and I can't see how it was used to just "fill in time". This attempt actually helped advance the story in some way. Team Rocket were shown to be merciless thieves that would harm Pokemon and their Trainers to N, which then established his thoughts on people who steal Pokemon. In the attack, we saw how dedicated N was to help. This established his character more, were we see how he'd take attacks from Pokemon to save others. James's Amoonguss making Pikachu sick then led to N calling the Alomomola, showing how much he was a friend to Pokemon and how he can call them. N's help to Ash, Iris and Cilan made them be closer, with both Ash and N starting to respect each other more despite using Pokemon differently. Basically, if Team Rocket weren't in this episode, N's introductory episode wouldn't be a good one. Sure, they could have done it with some different plot with somebody else, but then there's no harm in fleshing Team Rocket's new Pokemon out. I think they're pretty cool and have a good set of moves of attacks that are cool to see. They can also try to capture Pikachu and get information on Team Plasma at the same time too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast