REVIEW: BW 109 "The Araragi Institute! A New Journey!!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW 109 "The Araragi Institute! A New Journey!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 109 "The Araragi Institute! A New Journey!!"

...Atleast the "Who's that Pokémon" segment and Oak were somewhat amusing.

Everything irritated me in this episode. From Prof. Juniper till Shinko Nonomi.

Was it explained why Ash and co. are so eager to see Reshiram? Ash has never gone out of his way to find a legendary Pokémon. Why he would suddenly be so interested in one to the point of dropping his plans to return to Kanto and find a new battle-oriented goal? It is not as if they're already aware of Team Plasma's intentions.

And awesome TRio stays awesome.

RDYEN was a nice treat too!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    ....why was she..thinking about sleeping next to all of the Pokemon before making her choice?
    Because that's what girls do when they have to choose a partner, duh :p

I'm not a big fan of of Be An Arrow, but this theme song is a vast improvement even in the low quality version that I've seen.

CHARIZARD!!!

On another note, during the tag battle I kept thinking it was Satoshi using his Pikachu and Pokabu. Evolve yours quicker girl.

Haven't seen the episode, but what Ash mention about Kanto...did he simply just state he was going back?

Blog Entries

Wait...you're telling me that there is no other premise to this saga, and TP is literally all they have? Oh dear gosh, how are they going to explain this? Anyway, standard rehash of getting the starter. TR is giving me mixed feelings. They just shoehorned the classic elements on top of the BW personalities, which doesn't mix at all. Wait a minute, they actually defeated Pikachu? On one hand, I don't think that should be possible, on the other, another achievement for TR this saga. All this fuss over a standard capture the pokemon plot. Blasting off is back, but it doesn't feel the same. This entire thing just doesn't feel right. Not a good first impression. We're really here for TP regardless. To be continued...
    Step into the Fairy circle

Satoshi/Ash Fanboy
    Blog Entries

I noticed that Nonomi is nearly poor version of Hikari... Or the ugly clone of Hikari.

Interesting that TR went back to their Kanto motto, almost a sense of closure there.

Seems like TR are the way they were in early BW between the 3rd and 4th Gyms.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao
    Haven't seen the episode, but what Ash mention about Kanto...did he simply just state he was going back?
    Satoshi planning to go back to Kanto was mentioned in the summary that was up on the TV-Tokyo website, but I don't remember if he actually brought it up in the episode itself or not. If he did, though, it would just be to say that he planned to go back.

I kind of liked the scene where Dent and Iris were both like "yeah...neither one of us have really achieved our goals, have we? Let's keep hanging around Satoshi for just a little longer."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 21st, 2015

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Was it explained why Ash and co. are so eager to see Reshiram? Ash has never gone out of his way to find a legendary Pokémon. Why he would suddenly be so interested in one to the point of dropping his plans to return to Kanto and find a new battle-oriented goal? It is not as if they're already aware of Team Plasma's intentions.
    I second this, why would Ash stay in Unova when he can return to Kanto? Was it to explore the White Hero's ruins and or Reshiram? I wonder if this was all thouroughly explained during the episode?

Ash seemed kind of ashamed to tell Oak that he finished in the best 8, I liked that. On the other hand, why are the battles in the anime turn-based now? What happened to dodging and using strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ling View Post
    Ash seemed kind of ashamed to tell Oak that he finished in the best 8, I liked that. On the other hand, why are the battles in the anime turn-based now? What happened to dodging and using strategy?
    Because they're helping a beginning trainer so stupid she thinks Pokabu can use Thunderbolt. They're not going to use strategy.

Blog Entries

My guess is that the fact that TR used their Kanto motto with their mixed Sinnoh theme doesn't mean that from now on we're back to the first motto. I think that they will go through the other mottos randomly (kind of what happened during the Radio Show, though there was a logic in the version of the motto, I wonder if the same will happen in the anime). I'd just like to have different kinds of animation.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ling View Post
    Because they're helping a beginning trainer so stupid she thinks Pokabu can use Thunderbolt. They're not going to use strategy.
    It wasn't any different when Ash fought Tr either. Ash rarely commands his Pokemon to even dodge nowadays, let alone use unique strategies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast