REVIEW: BW 105 "Kibago Gets Lost!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BW 105 "Kibago Gets Lost!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 105 "Kibago Gets Lost!"

It was a really fun episode, but it was more about Oshawott eating the apples in the end.

Not that I mind tho because Oshawott was hillarious

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

it was a good episode, BUT i was more hype for the preview of the next episode AND episode N

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So all of the people from a young Pokemon Trainer's town, including his parents, came to cheer him on for making it to the Top 16. Why does that sound familiar? Anyways, I bet this kid will win the league.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 6th December 2012 at 07:13 PM.

So 2 skipped rounds and an episode focusing on Axew. That's just what I want from a league (sigh).

Seriously though, Ash/Stephan is supposed to be round 3, and Bianca vs Kotetsu was round 2, so how in the hell are there 16 trainers left? It really hurts my brain.

If anything this ep made it even more obvious that Virgil will be the one to beat Ash

Do people forget there are skipped rounds in every league? Remember the Indigo leagues "Fire and Ice" episode? Ash's middle two battles were skipped mostly and they only showed one match from each, Squirtle Vs. Nidorino and Pikachu Vs. Arcanine.

The Hoenn league skipped a battle too, although nobody really cared there since Ash's Hoenn pokemon got tons of battle screentime anyway.

The Sinnoh league had that skipped Snorlax Vs. Grumpig match, whatever that was.

And now here. I think Johto showed everything outside the preliminaries though.

I'm not so much bugged by the fact that they skipped rounds, but what bugs me is WHY. We finally reach the league, the THIRD episode involves skipping in favor of... Kibago getting lost. I'm not sure why this couldn't have been anywhere else just as easily. I'd be okay with it if it was, y'know, relevant to the League itself.

Parring that, I didn't really feel the episode. Other than the fact that Dino will inevitably win the league, obviously.

What the heck was this? Why couldn't they do a Grand Festival on us and have Iris Axew getting lost as a subplot while Ash V.S Whoever was the main plot??? The heck?? Axew sorry, your going on my hate list along with Iris. We didn't need an entire episode about Axew getting lost again, why didn't Iris notice her Pokemon wasn't with her? Her hair that big of a mess she can't tell her Pokemon is even missing? How can you not feel some thing that big not being in your hair?? If it was in its Pokeball and got stollen I'd understand that more but the heck? If your not going to be able to keep track of your Pokemon while its out of Pokeball keep the thing in its ball.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Ash has an unfezant, Iris has a dragonite, and they aren't even used? FAIL MOVE WRITERS. The ep would have been so much better if it involved those 2 beating the crap out of Garbodor and we all know dragonite is more than capable. I'm sure he can also brutally punish mijumaru for stealing the apples.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I liked the episode. I mean, yeah, I get what you guys are saying about this eating up screentime that could have been used on battles, and how this League is rushed enough as it is without this mostly filler episode, but on the other hand it was a really fun way to relax between battles. It reminded me of those older series episodes where the gang would split up and we'd have a bunch of different little stories going on at the same time. It was fun.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on September 23rd, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    So all of the people from a young Pokemon Trainer's town, including his parents, came to cheer him on for making it to the Top 16. Why does that sound familiar?
    Because it brings to mind what Delia and Oak used to do for Ash? It's sad that times have changed.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ash has an unfezant, Iris has a dragonite, and they aren't even used? FAIL MOVE WRITERS. The ep would have been so much better if it involved those 2 beating the crap out of Garbodor and we all know dragonite is more than capable. I'm sure he can also brutally punish mijumaru for stealing the apples.
    1): It was very possible that Ash did not have Unfezant during this episode. Remember that he constantly switches out his pokemon with Professor Juniper in between battles. Iris probably did not send out Dragonite because it might not have followed her orders.

2): The group's pokemon were at fault for causing the incident with the Garbodor. Oshawott stole all of their food. This is also a show targeted to small children and families. It wouldn't be in their best interest if events in this episode taught children a lesson that it is acceptable to not only steal from others, but to also engage in violent acts against the victim(s). Both of these are crimes in most parts of the real world.

Blog Entries

It would have been much more entertaining if dragonite started beating the crap out of the garbage bags and then mijumaru remembered what hapens when a trubbish screamed out the truth while under sevre pain from a brutal beatdown. He debates internally on what to do and finally tries to dothe right thing by trying to stop dragonite but the dragon just nails miju with an uppercut and send it into the stratosphere .mijumaru lands right in the path of pauls torterra training frenzy plant

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It would have been much more entertaining if dragonite started beating the crap out of the garbage bags and then mijumaru remembered what hapens when a trubbish screamed out the truth while under sevre pain from a brutal beatdown. He debates internally on what to do and finally tries to dothe right thing by trying to stop dragonite but the dragon just nails miju with an uppercut and send it into the stratosphere .mijumaru lands right in the path of pauls torterra training frenzy plant
    Go home, man, you're a bit drunk...

I see no problem about the two skipped matches. It would happen soon or later, I don't get the bug in your minds. Now, if the writers skip some full battle, I will complain about it, but I think that's not the case.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

Ah, what a hilariously pointless episode. I'm so glad they skipped two of Ash's battles that could had shown off his Pokemon battling so that the writers could remind us that Axew exists and is an annoying little waste of space.

Uh oh, Bianca and Virgil were walking around together, cue the massive landslide of shipping fics!

Uh oh, Kotetsu and Iris argued with each other, cue the massive landslide of shipping fics!

Uh oh, Ash was trying to stop Garbodor from attacking the group, cue the massive landslide of... wait...

And of course it's Virgil the Super-Trainer-of-The-League who saves the day. Hopefully this league ends soon so he can go back to delivering CARE packages to disabled orphans, rescuing elderly nuns from burning buildings, catching a sniper bullet aimed at the prime minister between his teeth, disabling nuclear terrorist bombs in the rainforest, and saving kittens from trees.

So all-in-all, a very yawn episode in a time when we needed a yawn episode the least.
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Do people forget there are skipped rounds in every league? Remember the Indigo leagues "Fire and Ice" episode? Ash's middle two battles were skipped mostly and they only showed one match from each, Squirtle Vs. Nidorino and Pikachu Vs. Arcanine.

The Hoenn league skipped a battle too, although nobody really cared there since Ash's Hoenn pokemon got tons of battle screentime anyway.

The Sinnoh league had that skipped Snorlax Vs. Grumpig match, whatever that was.

And now here. I think Johto showed everything outside the preliminaries though.
    Except that in every of those examples, we at least got a brief montage of every round. Here, we had Ash versus Trip in the first round of 128 trainers, then Ash against a filler trainer and his Darumaka in the second round of 64 trainers, and then the next thing we know... there are only 16 trainers left...? What the heck? Did half the winners of the second round just get up and go home early or what? This is a case where one of the rounds was skipped ENTIRELY, not like before where every round was at least acknowledged with a brief glimpse of a battle, rather than being ignored completely - at least up 'til Ash's last one.

Anyway, while I would normally be fine with a little side plot like this, I feel that this one was a just waste of space that could have been used to give both the second AND third battles acknowledgement of existence - even if we only got a glimpse of one or both of them. I don't think we needed to be reminded again how childish Axew can be; I think everyone gets that by now.

Ah, Oshawott... such a troublemaker for everyone, as always.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast