BW 098 "The Most Magnificent Pokémon in the World?! Chillaccino VS Tsutarja!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: BW 098 "The Most Magnificent Pokémon in the World?! Chillaccino VS Tsutarja!"

Default Re: BW 098 "The Most Magnificent Pokémon in the World?! Chillaccino VS Tsutarja!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    As usual, I have placed my episode review in spoiler tags. Feel free to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Wait... did Satoshi have an open slot on his team today, or did he just decide that one of his Pokemon wasn't allowed to eat (I bet it was Gamagaru)?
    Crustle, Stunfisk, Excadrill, and Dragonite also weren't called out for lunch during this episode. It feels oddly cruel that the writers just deliberately have the main characters feed some of their own pokemon while the other pokemon they have on them are starving in their Poke Balls. And this happens a lot in the anime, and especially in the BW series.
    Yeah, poor Excadrill, he didn't get to eat until Iris decided to tell Ash and Cilan about him XD

Anyway, fun episode, I loved when Iris nudged Ash and Cilan so they'd laugh too :P And I genuinely liked Iris in this episode!
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 098 "The Most Magnificent Pokémon in the World?! Chillaccino VS Tsutarja!"

Has Snivy lost to any Pokemon of the same sex this saga? I don't think she has lol. :P

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Has Snivy lost to any Pokemon of the same sex this saga? I don't think she has lol. :P
    She lost against Elesa's female Emolga.

Blog Entries

This episode was Ok with me. I like the crossdressing because it funny to see Ash emabrassed about this crossdressing thing. i love that they made Pignite and Oshawott fight agian and that answers some of my questions from before this episode. Really I thought they going to be a Snivy and Emolga rivalary thing, but I saw them laughting together after they beat Maya. i love see both Snivy and Emolga dodging those move so gracely and awesomely. I love that Iris focused Ash and Clian to crossdress and they look faboo in them. Iris was the faboo in this episode and I love the hair. It like that it can hide food in there Lols. I don't have any problems with this episode and I'll give 6 faboo Iris' hair out of 10.

Decent ep, but I think it can best be summed, perhaps a bit offensively as...bitch problems.....bitch problems everywhere.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

This is why we need more comedic Iris episodes. I loved how much she got into the spirit of being a snobby princess, her noblewoman's laugh was priceless.

Blog Entries

I still think they could have gone with the set-up, of Ash-Cilan-Iris...rather than Iris-Cilan-Iris. I know this episode was about Iris getting her "revenge" and Ash didn't really seem to give a fuck about this whole name calling thing, but Iris could have still battled the leader of the troupe without taking Ash's place. After all, all three members of the troupe battled.
    Isaac Gravity and Caseydia like this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

And I noticed that heavyset shoplady that they were talking to before they cross-dress, I seem to recognize her as a recycled character somewhere. I wish I knew which episodes she appeared in.

Blog Entries

Visit Grabbergirl's Youtube Channel

Those women at the girls' club were just snobby jerks but my friends and I think Iris deserves it we hate her. That episode is funny!!! I loved the picnic scene it's nice seeing Cilan eating a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich for a change instead of the usual meat and vegetable sandwiches he makes. I loved how Oshawott cleaned his teeth after eating. The mudpit was funny but I'm pretty upset we didn't get to see Cilan take a shower. They leave Cynthia's villa so their no longer under her supervision. I have a feeling they might change the opening and the ending will change next week since Team Rocket and Meloetta are gone.

Blog Entries

Really funny episode. I enjoyed it throughout. Those laughs from Iris and the gang was totally priceless xD
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

Iris was funny in episode. Hahah

I just remembered this, but to anyone with actual Japanese-speaking skills, did Satoshi tell Dent that he looked good near the end? XD I think I heard him say niatteru sou or something along those lines :P
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I still think they could have gone with the set-up, of Ash-Cilan-Iris...rather than Iris-Cilan-Iris. I know this episode was about Iris getting her "revenge" and Ash didn't really seem to give a fuck about this whole name calling thing, but Iris could have still battled the leader of the troupe without taking Ash's place. After all, all three members of the troupe battled.
    In this series Ash hasn't been concerned about any name calling since the beginning. He doesn't get all hyped and angry like he used to. Atleast in DP there was a different type of anger shown from him. But now it seems like he doesn't give a damn about anything. I would even expect him to smile happly even if he was to lose top 16 again.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Normally, I'm all for the high and haughty oujo-type with their brilliant trademark laugh but this entire episode just bugged me. I'm fine with Iris having a beef with Maya and those girls but my problem, like most episodes that center around her is that to make her situation work, Ash (and to a lesser extent, Cilan) needs to be forcefully sidelined and made as eerily silent/ineffectual as possible.

Since I'm sure there would've been some strong frowns if he and Snivy were the ones to do battle with Miss haughty Alpha female at the expense of Iris (who had the beef) then why not grab the bull the horn and title what the story really is about than give (me) false hopes about some legit Snivy focus?

Yeah, that's why I'm so admittedly upset, came in for sole Snivy gratification (with an Ash achievement on the side) and got majorly gimped...

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

So once again Cilan is made the fall guy while Iris takes the glory. Ash didn't do much either. Also I'm quite sick of Emolga never losing a battle. She either wins or the battle gets called off for one reason or another. I would like her to lose for once. But yeah, just another Iris glorification episode pretty much. Because we aren't going to get a bunch coming up or anything so we needed this </sarcasm>

Besides all that, Cilan and Pansage were adorable <3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 3rd February 2013, 07:22 AM
  2. 13th October 2012, 12:14 AM