REVIEW: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!" - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!"

Default Re: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!"

Let's not start another canon debate please.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    Please stop stating your opinion as absolute facts.
    Ignoring the fact that I actually *haven't* done that, outside maybe a sentence or two...why not? Everyone else gets to.

Look! Here's one now, as I'm writing this. "TR have simply been written out of Unova since we're gearing up for the league." If that isn't stating an opinion as absolute facts, then I don't know what is.

The proof they're gone forever has always been very circumstantial. A small message in the post, a small line in the TV Tokyo summary... that's it.
    Bullshit. The declaration that this was the end was made in the preview that aired with the 15th anniversary movie special that first told us of these episodes' existence. Pokemon Smash has had an unusual amount of emphasis on the Rocket-Dan for the past few weeks. The organization made it to the cover of Pokemon Fan with that same "Farewell Rocket-Dan!?" text.

The evidence that this isn't the end, on the other hand, is...the fact that this episode didn't accomplish the wishlist of events that fans have decided *need* to happen before the Rocket-Dan can leave the show.   In other words, "This episode sucks, so it's therefore not the end of the trio."

As for those new figures, the Subway twins have always been highly popular GAME characters.
    And the action figure line is one based on the TV SERIES called "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes PARTNERS." Those are TV series Nobori and Kudari figures, not game Nobori and Kudari figures; their status in the latter have no bearing on this line.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

Still amazed by the fact that the whole episode was done entirely by Iwane himself.

Blog Entries

So from what I'm reading, the TRio didn't jump to their doom, they just jumped on Giovanni to snap him out of his insanity. Well, I'm glad that they're not dead.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    The evidence that this isn't the end, on the other hand, is...the fact that this episode didn't accomplish the wishlist of events that fans have decided *need* to happen before the Rocket-Dan can leave the show.   In other words, "This episode sucks, so it's therefore not the end of the trio."
    And the evidence that this is the end is the fact that fans, who completely despised Rockets in BW and decided that they need to leave the show as fast as possible, saw a proof that they're gone for good in their departure for Kanto. In other words, "BW finally granted my wishes and it's the end of the trio! Now I must post rude replies to people who disagree with me and therefore spoil my uberhappiness."

Ignoring the fact that I actually *haven't* done that, outside maybe a sentence or two...why not? Everyone else gets to.
    Everyone else isn't being rude and forceful with their opinions. You are not 100% right, and we are not 100% wrong.

Bullshit. The declaration that this was the end was made in the preview that aired with the 15th anniversary movie special that first told us of these episodes' existence.
    And that used the "Farewell!?" I mentioned before. Which usually means something wont happen.

Pokemon Smash has had an unusual amount of emphasis on the Rocket-Dan for the past few weeks.
    They also lied about the radio show ending and countless other things. I no longer count them as a credible source.

The organization made it to the cover of Pokemon Fan with that same "Farewell Rocket-Dan!?" text.
    Yes, !?. That usually means something wont happen.

None of us have said anything like that. Just because you think the episode sucked doesn't mean it's the end of the TRio.

More like the evidence that it isn't the end is that they didn't get an ending. Plus, nothing that told us this was the end.

And the action figure line is one based on the TV SERIES called "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes PARTNERS." Those are TV series Nobori and Kudari figures, not game Nobori and Kudari figures; their status in the latter have no bearing on this line.
    Those aren't the figure series the Rockets are a part of. That's the series Satoshi and Dent are a part of.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

I'd like to remind the staff that they're supposed to be setting an example here. They are not. They are giddily fwooshing around with flamethrowers in the middle of an oil refinery.

Do NOT presume you know the motives of other posters. ("You're just trying to convince yourself", "You're refusing to admit reality...")
    Do NOT call other poster's opinion bullshit. (or similar)
    Do NOT drag the opinions other people posted in other debates into this one.
    DO tone down the sarcasm
    DO keep any moderating-related post you do separate from your opinions, if any, about the topic at hand.
    DO simmer the fuck down.

This is an official joint decision from Archaic and I. It is NOT up for discussion or debate. It WILL be followed by sterner measure if not obeyed to our satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

If this truly is the end of Team Rocket, then I think they made a great decision to come full circle at the end of the episode. They were impressed with Pikachu after showing how powerful he was, pretty much ending the way they began with their evil Pokemon stealing plans.

None of the members of Team Rocket really needed to die in any way in this episode in my opinion. I don't think there would have been a good reason for it.

Even though I preferred that they didn't end in Unova, this ending was to me a great alternative.

----

I find it amusing that the ending theme change was a surprise, and not revealed prior to the episode airing.
    Last edited by G50; 5th October 2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: clarifying what I mean by ending

I'm still swinging wildly back and forth as to whether or not they're gone from the anime for good, or just for a while. (I'm getting pretty emotional about this... like, I looked at the clock and it said 6:34 and I almost started crying.)

I do agree with Argy in that I don't think Tomioka would have ended their 15-year-long stint without something more impactful. Although they clearly mirrored the first episode they were in, there was just a whole slew of other emotional beats that they didn't hit. If Jessie, James and Meowth were leaving for good, permanently, wouldn't they mirror in some way the Housou special where they met each other? It's not like we don't know that story. Also, their last words on the show would be, Roger? Not even a "Ii kanji"? I can't believe it.

About the Pikachu 3DS (which I want very much!), it says that it's a special farewell present since Team Rocket is ending the operation in Isshu and going to relocate back to Kanto. That means we'll probably see them again whenever they get back that way, probably in the next series.

I'm just not very good at believing endings, so, I mean, it could be, but I really hope it's not. I would be pretty disappointed. As Kojiro kept tweeting, Aaaaaaaaaa~.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I think the fans' reactions are going to play a big part of whether or not this is the end of them appearing. So let's show our support!
    Last edited by fruitsmoothierevenge; 5th October 2012 at 10:08 PM.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

I thought about this some more. Two things:

- They will still be on the radio show. If it retains the same format (excluding the Satoshi episode), then that's 30 minutes of Team Rocket every week. That's more exposure than they ever got on the anime series, and the radio show allows the voice actors to portray them in-character and even ad lib a bit. I trust the voice actors in this case. I am not so familiar with Shinichiro Miki and Inuko Inuyama, but from what I have read about Megumi Hayashibara, I get the impression that she may get personally attached to some of her more long-term characters. I don't want to speak for the writers, but I suspect it's likely that Musashi tried to become a nurse because Megumi Hayashibara did the same (and succeeded).

- They went back to Kanto. That is a fact. You know who will also eventually go back to Kanto? Satoshi. And they know where he lives.

So, let's all calm down until Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    - They went back to Kanto. That is a fact. You know who will also eventually go back to Kanto? Satoshi. And they know where he lives.

So, let's all calm down until Sunday.
    It's pretty obvious TR have been written out of Unova, but not any other region. They did this because the rest of 2012's episodes focus on Ash getting ready for the Unova league and they're not needed in them.

It's quite possible the "filler arc" may take place in Kanto again, only this time with World Tournaments/Champion league events instead of a Battle Frontier like last time. If that's the case that's when TR will return, and if this is their last saga, it's only fitting that the TR finale happens in Kanto, the place where it all started. Not to mention TR will probably pick up their old pokemon they left at Rocket HQ's...

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    They went back to Kanto. That is a fact. You know who will also eventually go back to Kanto? Satoshi. And they know where he lives.
    Now I picture them finding his house and the TRio hanging out with his mom until he gets back. Mr. Mime and Mime Jr. would be extra cute together.

I'm calmer now. I whip myself up into frenzies. X3;;; You're a good voice of reason, Argy.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    No, no, that's not quite correct! Cynthia's Garchomp was the only one who could keep the kami trio at bay, while Dragonite and the other Pokemon were being hit hard during the fight.
    While that may have been true, there were numerous times during the fight when Garchomp was seen getting hit very hard as well. Garchomp barely did any better against the Therian pokemon than the others it fought alongside with.

Garchomp, Pansage, and Golurk did not get a lot of individual screentime during this episode. Most of it was focused on Team Rocket, Pikachu, Dragonite, and Meloetta.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Though I'm not 100% certain if this is the absolute last we've seen of the TRio in the anime, if only because they've gone back to Kanto, and Satoshi will almost certainly go back there between seasons. However, I would say that it is the last appearance we'll have of them as recurring major characters. I don't feel the evidence of this is at all circumstantial, as has been suggested. Heck, weren't people arguing for the last month or so exactly how the TR organization would end in this episode? What we saw in the buildup, in how the Japanese publications talked about this episode in the build-up, is consistent with the kind of treatment other recurring characters have had before their goodbye's. There's really no reason to assume that things will be different this time, just because it's TR. If anything, I think they've gone to lengths to make us used to not having them around every single week. Their absence now won't be as much of a shock as it would have been if they'd done it suddenly during the last generations, when they were a core part of the formula of almost every episode script.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    What we saw in the buildup, in how the Japanese publications talked about this episode in the build-up, is consistent with the kind of treatment other recurring characters have had before their goodbye's.
    I don't recall anything like this happening with the previous main characters. In those cases, the publications promoted the beginning of a new series, rather than the departure of the then current characters. Take May and Max for instance: They were nowhere to be seen in the DP adverts, but then neither were Ash and Brock until very close to Diamond and Pearl's release. As for the other villains, I doubt that the official sources even made an issue of their leaving the series.

Besides, the statement made by Pokémon Fan and that poster is akin to saying "This is Team Rocket's final battle in Unova. Are they really leaving after 15 years?" That is hardly a definitive statement, and it is also offset by tweets saying that the trio would like to be main characters again.
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th October 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast