REVIEW: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!" - Page 7

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!"

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!"

The first instance of a DEM that i have seen was when the writersmade it so that Pikachu was able to break free of the energy cage just by repeatedly using Iron Tail on it. Considering that Meloetta in its Pirouette Forme broke out of its own cage prior to BW082, I am not surprised that a non-legendary pokemon was able to break out of a similar cage.
    I'll admit that while watching the episode I sniggered when Pikachu was able to destroy the holo-cube prison thing so easily. Every freaking time these stupid things of Zager's are so easily destroyed that it's starting to feel like a running gag or something.

To be frank, the writers cant simply get rid of Team Rocket that easily with just a 2-parter.. I mean they are the biggest crime organization from the anime.. They are the villains in kanto & johto.. They almost messed up Team Magma & Team Aqua's plans in Hoenn and they almost fooled Team Galactic in Sinnoh and now in Unova they are the real villains upto this episode(Team Plasma has not made an entry really).... So they have outclassed all villain teams in all regions and so far ""THE BIGGEST"".. I hope its not justice to say goodbye in 2 episodes.. Is was simply cheap publicity stunt done in the magazine as TR finale.. And the trio mostly are the good guys helping Ash & co in all regions saving the day.. So its obvious the writers never want to write off TR now.. Will hav to wait for that .. and they are the best villains in this anime :)

Honestly, if this is Team Rocket's exit from the show then I'm almost ready to be done with this show. BW and BW2 has so badly mishandled Team Rocket that I wish they'd just been written out after Diamond and Pearl. Nyasu could have worked in the Ramen Shop, Candy Musalina could take the contest world by storm and Kojirō... well, they could have found something for him to stay for.

Having said that, I did enjoy this episode a lot. The battles were nice and not a minute felt wasted. Although am I the only person to realize that the giant Electro Ball was due to Pikachu being hit by Voltolos... but I have come to the theory that getting hit by this reversed all the effects the power drain caused to Pikachu by Zekrom and he's back to his pre-DP power levels.
    Last edited by WatcherMark; 5th October 2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Caseydia likes this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PTOldMan
    Our Rocket appearances from now on will be from the Radio and from the Live Caster.
    It's been confirmed that this most recent Live Caster promotion was only a two week thing. We'll likely be back to Orchid-Hakase next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    They made a poster declaring this as the Rocket-Dan's farewell and told us "not to miss the Rocket-Dan's final battle." Why would they have done that if this was just another Rocket two-parter?
    To fuel speculation and boost ratings. Besides, Pokémon Smash just recently said that the radio show was ending, which we now know was a blatant misdirection.
    ...And you were very upset at that. And yet they're apparently doing the same thing here, according to you, and that's OK? Even though the misdirection here is a lot bigger, since it's dealing with the much more popular TV series? And even though the "Farewell Rocket-Dan!?" thing went on for over a month while the Rocket radio thing lasted only a week?

At least in this case the wording "Farewell? Team Rocket" was ambiguous.
    The "Do not miss the Rocket-Dan's final battle" text on the poster is not ambiguous at all. Neither is the text on TV-Tokyo's website that was posted after the episode aired saying that we can win a special Pikachu DS as a farewell to the Rocket-Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    So like I was saying many times, main characters have never been written off in the MIDDLE of a generation.
    Main human characters never got a clip montage when they weren't being written out of the show, either.

They also tend to write the evil teams out of their respective shows before that region's Pokemon League, so this is in line with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshi
    They wouldn't pull off such a bullshit to characters that were here for 15 years.
    Unfortunately, that's exactly what they did. A lot of the people don't want to admit this, however, and are busy trying to convince themselves that a bigger, "real" finale is on the way. But it isn't coming. This is it, whether we like it or not.

And if it indeed was their end, don't you think that we should get more proper title announcing that than "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!"?
    The other evil teams' finales had similar titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy
    The montage did seem to focus a lot on those three Pokémon... Dogasu, I'm curious to hear why you disagree with Musashi's assessment.
    1) The montage didn't focus *only* on the three pokemon from the poll. There were also a ton of shots of just the Rocket trio, and, IIRC, a shot of Kojirou's Chiirin as well. Sonasu and Manene were there a lot, yes, but they were also the Rockets' most mascot-y pokemon. It would have been weird if they *hadn't* been there.
    2) They haven't made a montage for any of the other polls; why start now? And, again, why fill it out with shots of characters unrelated to the poll (the Rocket trio) when there's plenty of footage to be used of just the pokemon?
    3) They replaced the ending theme with an (awkwardly) edited version of what is essentially the Rocket trio's theme song. They wouldn't have done that for just a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest
    Episode 2; they started showing interest in Pikachu due to the power it showed when it blew up the Pokemon Center with an incredible electric attack but in reality Pikachu's extra strength come from all of the other Pikachus in the Center that helped boosts it power and then the only reason it blew up was because of Koffing's gas being expelled and getting ignited by the electricity

This week, Pikachu absorbed a Thunder attack from Thundurus and that gave it the power to create that enormous Electro Ball and TR was impressed by that power
    I think the interest the trio showed in Pikachu at the end of the episode wasn't to foreshadow some future plotline where they return to trying to catch Pikachu in every episode. Instead, I think it was meant as a bookend to the trio. As mentioned here, the trio started the series impressed with Pikachu's power, and now they're leaving it while being impressed with Pikachu's power.

It's similar to how Kasumi started the series with a bicycle and left with one as well.
    Jez likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    It's similar to how Kasumi started the series with a bicycle and left with one as well.
    Oh c'mon, Dogasu, you know good and well TR's departure here isn't like Misty or Brock's where they left the show forever.

This was the writers way of writing them out for the tail-end of Unova simply because the upcoming episodes focus on the Unova league and there's no reason for them to appear for the time being. The writers will likely have them return in 2013, and if this is the final saga for TR, have them go out with a true finale just before the end of the 5th generation.

I think its also telling that you're the only one who is trying to pass this off as TR's final episode in the anime forever. If that were the case Giovanni would have been struck by the light and died, Zager would declare Team Rocket to be "finished," and Jessie/James would make comments about what they were doing next. It was TR's final mission in Unova, not their finale in the anime.
    Queen Cynthia likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Oh c'mon, Dogasu, you know good and well TR's departure here isn't like Misty or Brock's where they left the show forever.
    That's exactly what this was. Only this was done very, very poorly.
    G50 likes this.

Jez

It saddens me a lot but I am also convinced that it was the episode of the exit of the trio of the anime. Jessie, James and Meowth will certainly have a cameo episode in 2013 as Brock and Dawn had and certainly at the time that their effigy figurines emerge as a tribute but I'm sure they will not return in current episodes. I sincerely hope I am wrong though... *sigh*
    Last edited by Jez; 5th October 2012 at 09:56 AM.
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

And before anyone brings up those upcoming Rocket figures as "proof" that they're coming back...Nobori and Kudari are in that line as well and they haven't been on the show in about a year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    ...And you were very upset at that. And yet they're apparently doing the same thing here, according to you, and that's OK? Even though the misdirection here is a lot bigger, since it's dealing with the much more popular TV series? And even though the "Farewell Rocket-Dan!?" thing went on for over a month while the Rocket radio thing lasted only a week?
    I don't like this kind of promotion, but that's neither here nor there. I think that in both cases making it seem that Team Rocket are leaving is a way to test the fans' reaction to that idea. If they end up returning, I assume that most people won't complain about the misdirection. It's similar to the pretense that Brock and even Ash weren't being carried over to the DP series; we were left wondering about that possibility for two months.

They also tend to write the evil teams out of their respective shows before that region's Pokemon League, so this is in line with that as well.
    Teams Magma, Aqua and Galactic got an actual resolution to speak of, and they weren't even main characters. I'm curious: Why do you think Team Rocket didn't disband? Do you really think the writers couldn't even be bothered to wrap things up in an obvious way?

Unfortunately, that's exactly what they did. A lot of the people don't want to admit this, however, and are busy trying to convince themselves that a bigger, "real" finale is on the way. But it isn't coming. This is it, whether we like it or not.
    Perhaps there won't be a bigger finale, but some sort of closure is necessary. I doubt that the radio show will be able to provide it, and I don't see what the point of continuing the radio show would be if Team Rocket didn't have any future in the actual anime, either.
    Last edited by Silktree; 5th October 2012 at 09:55 AM.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

@Dogasu; Please stop stating your opinion as absolute facts. You do not work for the show. None of us do. No one can say for 100% absolute certain what will happen.

But acting like the Rockets are off the show for sure is ridiculous. The proof they're gone forever has always been very circumstantial. A small message in the post, a small line in the TV Tokyo summary... that's it. Most of the next has had that ?! which has signified in the past it's something that most likely wont happen.

If that montage was some sort of goodbye, then it was a shitty one. After I rewatched it had basically hack shit to do with the TRio, and was more about three Pokemon we haven't seen in years.

As for those new figures, the Subway twins have always been highly popular GAME characters.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

For the record, Musashi is right about the Subway Masters. They have a huge fan following in Japan, and not just because of their anime appearance. There has been other merchandise of them (and the Isshu gym leaders) released in recent months by Animate.

I just have an extremely hard time believing that Tomioka would write those three characters out of the series like that when he has been around from the beginning and knows their histories. Even random episodes have given us more emotion and more character development than this (which gave us none except for them saving Sakaki). We've seen several times that each of them is capable of successfully doing non-TR work. I always considered those instances foreshadowing for their ultimate departure. It has always seemed like they are destined to eventually leave the organization because the writers have demonstrated time and time again that they are good people. This two-parter wasn't closure at all. We're just supposed to believe they continue on with Team Rocket for the rest of their lives? Come on.

In any case, the TRio will still have their radio show. Which IS canon.
    Last edited by Argy; 5th October 2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Jeshi, Musashi, HumanDawn and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post

Consequently, the amount of focus that the writers spent on Iris and Dragonite practically made all of the other pokemon that assisted them--Cynthia's Garchomp, Pansage, and Larry's Golurk--do little else other than get their asses kicked by the same pokemon that nearly did in Dragonite just seconds ago. Garchomp practically jumped up just to push Dragonite to avoid the pokemon from falling.
    No, no, that's not quite correct! Cynthia's Garchomp was the only one who could keep the kami trio at bay, while Dragonite and the other Pokemon were being hit hard during the fight.

One very important question:
    What was the name of the move Garchomp used when she was surrounded by that dragon head?
    Was it Dragon Rush or Dragon Rage? It looked so ultra awesome and showed once again how superior and totally epic Cynthia and Garchomp are!
    And you know what's best? Just when you don't expect it, Cynthia always manages to surprise us with even more powerful-looking attacks. That was by far the best scene of the episode and so I'm happy regardless of what else happened, thanks to Cynthia!
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    One very important question:
    What was the name of the move Garchomp used when she was surrounded by that dragon head?
    Was it Dragon Rush or Dragon Rage? It looked so ultra awesome and showed once again how superior and totally epic Cynthia and Garchomp are!
    And you know what's best? Just when you don't expect it, Cynthia always manages to surprise us with even more powerful-looking attacks. That was by far the best scene of the episode and so I'm happy regardless of what else happened, thanks to Cynthia!
    That would be Dragon Rush.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TR have simply been written out of Unova since we're gearing up for the league.

Makes me think TR's "comeback" the VA's are hinting is some sort of TR arc in Kanto. It also would only be fitting if TR is disbanded in their home region.

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    In any case, the TRio will still have their radio show. Which IS canon.
    Right, the show where there is no fourth wall and they can talk to their own voice actors is totally canon to the anime. -_-

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26th January 2013, 03:48 PM
  2. 4th October 2012, 06:09 AM