Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 097 "The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    For this generation, probably.
    They will obviously return at some point since even Giovanni is interested in Pikachu now. They are more likely to return after the league rather than wait until the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore
    Turns out Cynthia being there meant nothing, she did absolutely nothing special or useful besides sending out a Pokemon like the rest.
    Which is why I don't understand why some people have complained about Larry rather than Cynthia. He was far more relevant to the plot than she was.
    Wait he said he is interested in Pikachu now?

I'm sure he did say nothing about Pikachu, but that's just me - not being able to understand Japanese etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PokéMaid View Post
    Wait he said he is interested in Pikachu now.
    From sunyshore's notes: "They escape and Giovanni is thinking about how he lost himself. They all agree Pikachu really is special after all."
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

From sunyshore's notes: "They escape and Giovanni is thinking about how he lost himself. They all agree Pikachu really is special after all."
    I see...even more reason Team Rocket is going back to their old roots.

Blog Entries

While I was disappointed by the anticlimatic ending of this episode I can't say I didn't like it.

The Golem-Pokémon is one of my all time favourites, so having it around was pretty cool, I really liked the Iris/Dragoran scene, Pikachu's Elekiball attack somehow reminded me of Princess Serenety's final attack against Queen Beryl in Sailor Moon which is a huge plus to me ( :p ), the animation of the battles was really, really nice...it may be the longest BW battle without much stuck footage ( kinda sad, isn't it ^^; ), Meloetta is finally gone, thank God for that, the credits made me all nostalgic and got me a bit teary eyed tbh...

But nothing is perfect in this world because Seger survived all of it....damn.

Jez

Oh, yes, Seger survived -___- ... but I hope he will be forgotten by writers such as Flint was (I wonder what happened to Flint however...)
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Blog Entries

I'm going to make a post ignoring anything everyone else said for once. This was kinda disappointing, as this feels like every other minor legend encounter out there. That being said, it was still enjoyable. What was up with the giant Electro Ball of Doom, though? I'm sure everyone wants to hear my comment on the Rocket situation. Verdict: Team Rocket 4 life! For the trio and us as well. They are not gone, and their loyalty to the boss remains intact. Barring anything that may happen next season, TR isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I very seriously doubt we will have an event like this again, as it would be difficult to top that. I know I said that about Nimbasa, but this is even more difficult to top. In fact, I wager the only way to top it IS to have it out with TR in one colossal final battle, which would certainly mean their end. At least I have one more thing I can say is worth watching this saga.

EDIT: Oh, they went back to Kanto and did the whole montage thing. Well, it's still possible for them to return, but if this is the end, it satisfies no one. Only if they don't appear for the rest of the generation may I say for certain, or another villain team takes over.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 4th October 2012 at 07:14 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Jez

Nobody noticed? Meowth has been forgotten to get on the plane
    Last edited by Jez; 4th October 2012 at 07:10 AM.
    My NEW Team Rocket website (im a co-webmistress: http://roketto-dan.e-monsite.com/
    I am french, sorry for my poor bad english... I hope that you understand a maximum of what I writes

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I was honestly both surprised and disappointed in this episode, so my feelings towards it are rather mixed.

First off, let's start with the good aspects of the episode. Almost all the fight scenes were epic in this episode, Dragonite and Iris had a good bonding moment as well, and Giovanni was awesome in this episode, he went insane in an appropriate manner, becoming power hungry and wanting to destroy Unova, to the point where the TRio is disturbed by it, and I really like how now Giovanni is now interested in Pikachu as well, let alone the TRio, points to the writers for that.

Though as always, this episode had it's problems. First off is the fact that Cynthia was just THERE, she did absolutely nothing special or useful besides sending out Garchomp for the big fight (another golden opportunity for potential character and plot development wasted), this is much like how Dawn was treated in BW recently, how she was simply there and didn't contribute any to the plot at all. Another gripe I have with the episode is the giant Electro Ball Pikachu made, a little anticlimactic if you ask me.

Finally is the ending, Giovanni specifically says that they are going to return to Kanto, this one I have some mixed feelings about, given how the scene was done, at the end of the episode, there was a montage of old Team Rocket clips (none from BW surprisingly, though one can argue it was for the better), and they say that they will be back, even though the montage implies that they AREN'T coming back, or at least not in BW (unless Team Plasma finally appears, but that's another story).

Still, when/if Team Rocket comes back, if the series goes back to them wanting to catch Pikachu/CotD Pokemon in every episode (which doesn't seem like it, unless it's after the league), I'm going to be very annoyed.

On the upside though, Meloetta is gone at least (though it was rather heartwarming to see Oshawott look disappointed at her leave).

Overall, I give this episode an 8/10, it's definitely one of the better episodes of BW, but the writers know they can do better.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

That's not exactly what happened. Musashi mentioned Pikachu is special and Kojiro agreed. That was it. The conversation was just between the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Finally is the ending, Giovanni specifically says that they are going to return to Kanto, this one I have some mixed feelings about, given how the scene was done, at the end of the episode, there was a montage of old Team Rocket clips (none from BW surprisingly, though one can argue it was for the better), and they say that they will be back, even though the montage implies that they AREN'T coming back, or at least not in BW (unless Team Plasma finally appears, but that's another story).
    The montage was just to help kids decide which Pokemon to call.
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    That's not exactly what happened. Musashi mentioned Pikachu is special and Kojiro agreed. That was it. The conversation was just between the two of them.

yes that's correct. only the two of them mentioned it, my saying "all" was a lapse of memory, tho they did say it outloud in front of giovanni who i felt was included in the conversation in general. they were all talking together. but only jessie and james actually spoke of pikachu. sorry for confusion :)

Best thing about the Trio going back to Kanto... Sonasu reunion!!!*

*Even if it occurs off-screen.
    Poliwhirl42 likes this.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

As an episode of Best Wishes!, this was one of the best ones. The legendary pokemon got to shine, the battles were all exciting, the animation was gorgeous, we got a bit of Kairyuu development which I honestly wasn't expecting...other than the weird part in the second act where that ice was coming down (WTF, so the Kami trio is Kyurem now?) this episode was one of the better ones of the series. It would have been nice to see this extended into a three-parter - we could have seen more of how Sakaki's actions are affecting the Isshu region, Meloetta's farwell wouldn't have been so rushed, those Rocket grunts wouldn't have been forgotten about, etc. - but it still managed to be somewhat decent.

As a "Farewell, Rocket-Dan" episode, though, this was a fucking disaster. So what, Sakaki just up and goes "alright everyone, back to Kanto" out of nowhere, and then that's it? That's how they decided to have the Rocket-Dan exit the show? I admit I had low expectations for this but my god I never expected them to bungle things up this badly. When we were all giving theories about how this two-parter would end, we were all saying things like "the Rocket-Dan's going to disband" or "Sakaki's going to die" because those were the theories that made the most sense given the way this thing was advertised. Nobody guessed that everyone would just hop on a plane and go home because that would have been the most boring prediction to make. And yet that's exactly what the hell happened.

That's just terrible, even for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    The montage was just to help kids decide which Pokemon to call.
    Nope.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Jessie James and Meowth is back in Kanto now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    As a "Farewell, Rocket-Dan" episode, though, this was a fucking disaster. So what, Sakaki just up and goes "alright everyone, back to Kanto" out of nowhere, and then that's it? That's how they decided to have the Rocket-Dan exit the show?
    But what makes you think this was their farewell? Tentative preview wording? The ending montage, despite the promise of an eventual return? The episode should speak for itself, and not only did the organization not disband, but at least Jessie and James are still interested in Pikachu.
    martianmister likes this.

Been a while since I'vd posted but I loved the episode, good action scenes and animation Ash and Pikachu were freakin boss and wow did Iris and Dragonite have a little moment here? Meh. Flashbacks of the old Team Rocket made me cry a little, I hope this means they'll return back the comical selfs and chase after Pikachu again, since they are back in Kanto again I havee a feeling they'll try and steal Pikachu again when Ash returns home or follow after him some thing like that. Over all yah, an enjoyable episode in my opinion ^
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26th January 2013, 03:48 PM
  2. 4th October 2012, 06:09 AM