Like Tree129Likes

Thread: BW 096 "Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!"

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Re: BW 096 "Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!"

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    I got what I wanted to see... Sakaki in action! Awesome episode, no complains.
    Yup ^_^! By the way, since you usually post the ratings of each episode, when will the rating be released? I'm expecting it to be around 6.0%.
    The TV Tokyo ratings usually get posted on 2ch around Wednesdays.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone feel those two Rocket grunts should have been Butch and Cassidy?
    PTOldMan and djulienr like this.

Man this episode was exciting.. sure was upto the expectations.. but stil ash thinks he can save everyone with his little pikachu.. well now we all know it doesnt even stand a chance against a persian(not to mention it belongs to giovanni).. happy that Giovanni & persian makes a good appearance after kanto... stil one thing its way 2 big to be just a two-parter.. should hav given more space for larry and also meloetta battle... seems the writers are getting to their old ways.. just much more excited for the 2nd part next week... yippeeee.....

So Meloetta's voice acts as a sort of key, unlocking what exactly?

Has it actually been said what Giovanni is unleashing?

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have placed my episode review in spoiler tags for those of you who don't want to read it.

Last edited by Ampharos King; 27th September 2012 at 04:00 PM.
    HumanDawn and martianmister like this.

Speaking of the training between Ash and Cilan, did anyone else like how Ash was training Mijumaru/Oshawott to use his sword like Kotetsu's Samurott?

I know we may be a bit conflicted over Kotetsu, and his rivalry with Ash, but Ash actually learning from Kotetsu is a step in the right direction.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I was really happy to see Satoshi training Mijumaru at the start of this episode, if not a bit "wow rude" when Meloetta interrupted the battle. It was cute how Miju didn't want to fight against her, kinda sorta, but I guess they needed a way for Meloetta to sing for the episode to go somewhere, afterall. :3c

Larry and Meloetta's interactions were pretty cute, but, meh, he was pretty bland for such an important COTD.

But oh man...the Rocket parts...where do I begin. Sakaki and Satoshi's confrontation was...err...I expected it to be more exciting than that? But it was definitely intense, especially in the way that Persian jumped in like a spotter like that and it was kind of hard to take Sakaki seriously while he was riding his segway thing.

Overall, this episode felt more like a movie than part of the anime? It was kind of a weird feeling watching it like "is this still the show"

Blog Entries

I wonder if Ash already met Giovanni in the Plasma eps, because this didn't make it look like he did.

Blog Entries

I was surprised by the fact that there was NOT a motto! I hope we have (a good one) next episode. Though I think it is unlikely. As JJM don't seem to be the stars here, if there wasn't one motto today, I find it hard to believe that there will be one. Maybe in the end? After the end of TR, they may have some scene in which they decide what to do in the future! (It would be interesting if the motto was the original one, in the Radio Show they perform their old mottoes, so why not in the anime?)

I enjoyed the episode, though I think it wasn't perfect, there were some problems IMO:
    - We should have seen MANY more TR grunts! The idea they've been creating over the years is that TR is a HUGE organization! So why only 4 grunts? Why not more? When I saw only JJM, Zager and Giovanni leaving the submarine I did not have the feeling "WOW, this will be the Grande Finale of the Supreme Organization of Evil called Team Rocket!".
    - Though this was something nearly impossible, I would have liked to see Seviper and Carnivine. The idea I had from what Matori said was that they couldn't use their old Pokémon in Unova because it would attract, but when two people are flying with their jetpacks, wearing weird goggles and ATTACKING someone I don't think that it would make any difference if they used Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokémon! After all, we got to see Persian, Rhydon and Golem! But I can undertand this, the writers want to give Yamask and Woobat some screentime.
    - The animation. I can't believe people are actually praising the animation for today! CGI stuff was very pretty, but the characters were really off! Particularly Giovanni, Jessie and James!

But is was a very good episode with a lot of nice touches (I enjoyed the BGM a lot). If the following episode is this good, this two-parter won't be a waste.
    Blue_Drifblim likes this.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

By the looks of things this episode must really be great (but an episode with Cynthia has to be great naturally). I'm already looking forward to seeing the dubbed version.

And, well, I just can't help but ask the Alder fans a simple questions once again: So far the Pokemon world had to be saved twice. Each time Cynthia was or will be there. In "The Battle Finale of Legend" she freed all the others and, as a consequence, protected the whole Pokemon world. This time it looks like her role in saving the world will once again be a significant one. Again, every time the world is in danger, Cynthia was or will be there to save the day. Sooo, the big question is: Where is Alder? :P
    The writers chose Cynthia and they did it with a certain intention. To me it's crystal clear now that they want to make Cynthia appear superior to all the other champions.
    (The fact alone that she's organizing another big event in a foreign region where she doesn't originally belong to speaks for itself)

One point of criticism though: Was that "crucifixion" scene really necessary? I know many Japanese are not particularly religious but that was really very very close to blasphemy and could easily hurt lots of people's religious feelings around the globe, including mine. I just hope PUSA will edit said scene because this is actually the first time that they've had a good and justified reason to edit something.
    Last edited by Queen Cynthia; 27th September 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Anyone feel those two Rocket grunts should have been Butch and Cassidy?
    Hell no. The last thing we need is to waste time on who these two are when there's not much time to cram things in as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I wonder if Ash already met Giovanni in the Plasma eps, because this didn't make it look like he did.
    I think that's why the two just silently stared at each other. To not show one way or the other if the Plasma episodes really happened or not.

Speaking of those, I was a bit surprised we never got a scene of the TRio wondering where he's been. I guess Tomioka really wanted to avoid any possible reference to those episodes.
    martianmister likes this.

Giovanni on a hovering Segway = EPIC

enough said lol
    djulienr and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

I watched it and I expected them to fit a lot more into the first episode than they did, but I'm still really excited to see what happens in next week's ep. I expect a lot to hit the fan.

I agree about the grunts. At the beginning, even in normal episodes we would see crowds of grunts. Maybe because they're in a faraway land, and Gio didn't give them vacation days.
    Also, the music caught my ear more than once; lovely.

And Giovanni's hover-segway made me question his power, lol. Oh, wait, he has goggles to prove that.
    Hmm, someone with a Pokemon that he always has with him but never puts in his Pokeball... sounds pretty familiar.

Can't wait for next week!
    Also, THAT 3DS! DO WANT.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries

I feel they wasted too much time on Larry and that training segment. A good 5 minutes could have been cut from that.

Blog Entries

Very underwhelming showdown between Ash and Giovanni. I feel like the skipped 2 parter has something to do with that...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 27th September 2012, 05:36 AM