REVIEW: BW 094 "Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: BW 094 "Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!!"

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 094 "Seigaiha Gym Battle! Mantain VS Daikenki!!"

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    This episode was just as I've feared: Half the episode was Ash and Kotetsu flailing around lost in a forest, the other half is mostly a rushed battle. Like others had said, the Ash-Kotetsu bonding should've been an episode all itself, rather than shoe-horned into a gym episode (or is the gym battle shoe-horned into a bonding episode? :V). Poor Marlon's debut didn't do him justice (screentime-wise), and this is probably his only appearance, which is very disappointing (to me at least).
    Ya,
    But Writer didn't care since it was Kotesu's gym battle with Shizui , Not Ash's Gym Battle!
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

I haven't seen this episode yet, but did Shizui have a Kyūshū accent like his game counterpart?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    This episode was just as I've feared: Half the episode was Ash and Kotetsu flailing around lost in a forest, the other half is mostly a rushed battle. Like others had said, the Ash-Kotetsu bonding should've been an episode all itself, rather than shoe-horned into a gym episode (or is the gym battle shoe-horned into a bonding episode? :V). Poor Marlon's debut didn't do him justice (screentime-wise), and this is probably his only appearance, which is very disappointing (to me at least).
    Ya,
    But Writer didn't care since it was Kotesu's gym battle with Shizui , Not Ash's Gym Battle!
    I think your ready

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Ya,
    The writers seemed to care enough to give Bianca an episode all to her self with Elesa and (Bianca) had a bit of backstory with her dad. It's to lead up to Ash's battle in the next episode, but it goes to show that the writers can do an episode that focuses on a rival getting (or trying to get) a badge.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Live Skype chat with @Human; @Gotpika; @Tsutarja; @Yoshi-san; @Trainer Yusuf; @Araragi Hakase;

It's mostly us kidding around and making jokes.

You guys sound like a fun crowd; heh, maybe I should join! X''D

I don't have that much of a detailed opinion for this episode; the "bonding" moments between Ash and Kotestu were cute but I agree with Dogasu- it almost felt a little "mismatched", in a sense, to have a sort-of filler take up half the episode, then have a quick, thrown-together battle towards the end (I'm not saying it was horrible though; it was actually a pretty decent battle XD). I didn't get to see much of the opening though; was there anything else different besides Dawn being replaced by Kotetsu?
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

Blog Entries

If Kotesu goes out early then doesn't it gonna make his appearance meaningless ???
    It already is.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Hellion;4337533]
    QUOTE]

It already is.
    I don't think so

Blog Entries

Can Meloetta leave now? Seriously so annoying..

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    If Kotesu goes out early then doesn't it gonna make his appearance meaningless ???
    It already is.
    ...Unless they throw in an OS like they did with the Marowak trainer by making him not show up in the league, then I'd agree.

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who actually loves Kotetsu? I think he's awesome, and he might just be my favorite out of Ash's rivals (tie with Bianca).

I thought this was a great episode, personally. I'm too lazy to write a review or anything, but I loved Kotetsu, I loved the battle (even though it was rushed, it was still enjoyable), I loved the interactions between Kotetsu and Ash, and I loved Riolu (<33) and the Wishfulshippings moments asadfafsa.

I thought Kotetsu and Ash were both hilarious together, although I must say that I agree with how the bonding between the two of them should've received one episode for itself. That way, the Gym Battle wouldn't have to be so rushed. Regardless, I still enjoyed, and the excellent soundtrack playing throughout the whole episode was a really nice touch.

If there's anything to complain about, it's the way Cursed Body was funccioning in this episode compared to way it worked in BW010. Didn't Iris state that physical moves would be useless due to Cursed Body, while special moves like Leaf Storm would work? Ferrothorn used Thunderbolt, and it still was affected by the ability. It's true that it did follow the games' logic, but that made me feel bad for Snivy in its battle against Frillish, as it never should've been affected by Cursed Body until it actually had beaten Frillish. :/
    Oh well, at least Iris recognized the ability, and that's good considering that she was the one who scolded Ash in BW010.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I don't think so
    That comment is really deep and really invites discussion. Now, how to counter your plethora of arguments...

Quote Originally Posted by Stern Ritter View Post
    Can Meloetta leave now? Seriously so annoying..
    Three weeks... just three more weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    ...Unless they throw in an OS like they did with the Marowak trainer by making him not show up in the league, then I'd agree.
    It is a pointless character regardless of whether or not he appears in the League, which by all intents and purposes he will. He brings nothing to the table in terms of story, he's just there to be there. Kinda like Naoshi in the Sinnoh League. Sure he was established before, but... would it have made any differences if you'd replaced him with any League only character? No. I don't see him being the one to beat Satoshi in the League, I don't see him having any kind of impact on the characters, so yeah... kinda pointless.

Blog Entries

Well... They've started using music from the Victini movies. And, as usual, that includes music that wasn't released on their respective soundtracks (Like that Daikenki VS Mantine piece, for example).

You know, tracks that will probably never be available to have. At all. Ever.

....Why must they continue to torture me like this? ;_; I swear they do it on purpose...

It was a good episode, I liked the bonding parts and the battle was good, even though it felt pretty rushed.
    They used music from the 14th movie, I think this is the first time.

A decent, but flawed ep, that like many Best Wishes episodes in the process of doing too much, accomplishes too little.

Kotetsu is a character that I really don't mind, but at the same time don't feel much pull towards either. If anything he reminds me of Richie, minus the focus. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just I really don't know where they're gonna go with him as a character.

Still, if nothing, Samurott was pretty badass.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

Well, allow me to show my thoughts towards this episode with an appropriate jpg.

I admit I kinda like Kotetsu. He has a one-track mind like Ash, but pulls it off in a more amusing way, rather then frustrating like Ash. Plus, he actually seems to know how to evolve his starter Pokemon beyond the plush-toy stage, not to mention he can actually teach his team clever, unexpected moves like Ferrothorn's Thunderbolt.

I also feel this guy might turn out be Mr. I-Only-Exist-To-Beat-Ash-In-The-League, due to him showing up at the last minute. Unlike Morrison in Hoenn Ash has other rivals in this region he has to beat, this guy could very well be the one to kick him out of the league.

As for the gym battle... it managed to be fast-paced and boring at the same time. Hard to believe the writers could pull off a combo like that.

Like others had said, the Ash-Kotetsu bonding should've been an episode all itself, rather than shoe-horned into a gym episode (or is the gym battle shoe-horned into a bonding episode? :V).
    Well, I suppose the writers had no choice. After all, a filler episode about a Rufflet and Vullaby in yet another daycare is far more important, right? :V
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails luffygarpz.jpg  
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 13th September 2012, 05:57 AM